Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's Your Current Band And Fill Size?

I keep asking what difference the band size makes but I don't get answers. If you are asking and telling people what size there must be a reason. Please share I really don't understand. Everyone is different. You can't judge by what others have.

The question was answered, the size of the band is determined by your surgeon. The size of the band has nothing to do with how you lose weight, everyone is individual with how much they require in their band to feel satisfied when eating. Everyone asks this question, curiosity and comparison, a normal behavior and conversation but it really doesn't;t matter. As I posted, I have no idea what size band I have, I have no idea how much is in my band and I have only had 3 fills and it works for me. People are just curious, has nothing to do with how it works, like you said everyone is different and no one is judging anyone.

I had the Realize band placed 10/10. My starting BMI was 37. My band holds 10 cc. I have 6 cc. I find it difficult to stick to the 1 cup guideline. I am using Myfitnesspal which is great. Trying to stay at 1000 calories or less. Does anyone have any pointers on caloric intake that has worked for them? Going for a 3rd fill this week. Starting weight 220 lbs. 198 now 2 months later. Wishing I made more progress in the past couple of weeks! :( I am reading about much more weight loss. Green with envy. ;)

10cc band and at 5.75cc (after a 1/4cc unfill this month)...12 pounds to goal banded two years December 21.

I had the Realize band placed 10/10. My starting BMI was 37. My band holds 10 cc. I have 6 cc. I find it difficult to stick to the 1 cup guideline. I am using Myfitnesspal which is great. Trying to stay at 1000 calories or less. Does anyone have any pointers on caloric intake that has worked for them? Going for a 3rd fill this week. Starting weight 220 lbs. 198 now 2 months later. Wishing I made more progress in the past couple of weeks! :( I am reading about much more weight loss. Green with envy. ;)

You are doing great! 22 lbs in 2 mths averages out to 11 lbs per month, so that exceeds 1-2 lbs a week. Try to to compare yourself to everyone else. Everyone is different. I'm doing the same as you, sticking to 1 cup, using MFP and staying at 1000 cal.. Don't be hard on yourself!

10cc band... Started with 4cc. 2cc's added Monday and I started having horrible chest and back pains. I was nauseated by anything I ate, called the doc and they removed 1cc today and I feel much better now! So 5cc in a 10cc band!

Sx 11/12/12... 35 lbs down!

Remember' date=' getting a fill is not based on feeling anything different. It should be based on are you losing weight and how long can you stay satisfied between meals when you are eating real food. It is a lot of head game in the beginning so don't let the "I need a fill" take over what we all need to be doing and that is eating properly in smaller amounts.[/quote']

I'm 3 days in so still new.... So if you are hungry between recommended meals (1 cup, Protein etc) but still losing weight, then you don't necessarily need a fill?

So a fill gives you that restriction of being able to not be hungry between meals but doesn't necessarily MAKE you lose weight, right?

Trying to understand what to expect, thanks :)

It also depends on how you are eating. If you drink your meals or eat sliders (food that can go straight through) like chips, ice cream, yogurt, you will not get that full feeling. If you eat dense Protein like chicken, fish, eggs then begins and good carbs you should be able to go 3-4 or 4-5 hours without needing to eat. I doesn't always mean that you are not hungry because you need to determine real hunger fro. Head hunger too. That took me 4-5 months.

When you feel hungry see how long it was from when you ate and evaluate what you ate, then ask yourself are you really hungry or head hungry. Find something to do to distract yourself and if the hunger is still there, have a healthy snack like cheese or almonds. Just a small amount. If that satisfies you then you are good!

It takes a lot of getting used to and patience.

10 cc with 5.6 cc fill.. dont really feel any different. 1st fill today.

I find it hard to stick with the 1 cup guideline too. suggestions??

I have a 14 cc band.. I just went in and got a fill Tuesday bringing me to 8 cc's and I think that will be my green zone for a minute... I feel pretty tight.

Het Jerz you may not feel a big difference yet but you have to be patient till you get back on solids. Usually after fills you from liquid to mushy to solid and then eat good solid high Protein foods.

I have a 14cc with about 10cc in it. I have not had a fill for a couple of years. The last fill took me to somewhere between 10.5 or 11 but I could not even get my saliva past it after about 16 hours so I went back and had a little removed. I am looking to get a small fill again. I started at 265 and made it down to 218 over the course of a year. For the last two years I have stayed between 220 and 225. I started gaining again and made it back up to 233. I had some phentermine left over from before that I have taken recently and am back down to 227. I am going to search on here for other types of aides that can help. My problem is that I wash everything down. I also experienced heartburn with the extra ten pounds and had to go back on my heartburn medication.

My band holds 10cc. and I'm currently filled to 5.6 cc