Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters!

I meet with surgeon on Jan 4th for my clearance appt. my last class is on the 7th and then they submit everything to insurance and will set my date for surgery. I should be late Jan, early Feb.

Me too!!! Jan 14th :0) I'm feeling a little bit the same. Feels all a little surreal ATM. I'm self funded and am feeling quite guilty about the money in spending!! My husband is a great support and assures me that it's a small investment into my years of feeling self confident and healthy!! Hoping these feeling subside and I can look forward to the new me and start getting a bit excited

@mzmel - I am paying for mine out of pocket too. I am borrowing from a 401K. I figure if I don't lose this weight I wont make it to retirement anyway.

Hey y'all, how is everyone doing? Has anyone had the surgery yet & how many of you are on a pre-op diet? I was really struggling, still am, but it's getting better. I'm down 19 pounds over the past 3 months, most of it from the past couple weeks. I finally started buckling down with low-cal Protein shakes as Meal Replacements and it's getting easier, even though I still think about food all the time and cheat almost daily. My surgery is on the 18th and I can't wait!

What are you folks doing? I would love to hear some updates from the other January bandsters!

Hey y'all' date=' how is everyone doing? Has anyone had the surgery yet & how many of you are on a pre-op diet? I was really struggling, still am, but it's getting better. I'm down 19 pounds over the past 3 months, most of it from the past couple weeks. I finally started buckling down with low-cal Protein shakes as Meal Replacements and it's getting easier, even though I still think about food all the time and cheat almost daily. My surgery is on the 18th and I can't wait!

What are you folks doing? I would love to hear some updates from the other January bandsters![/quote']

Hi! I start my pre-op diet on Wednesday. I am experiencing a lot of anxiety. I am so afraid of failing. My doctor requires 3 Bariatric Advantage shakes and 2 bars per day -- that's all. I wish I could just wire my jaw shut for two weeks. It would be much easier lol

When do you leave for Mexico?

I know, I've got a lot of anxiety about it, too. I'm really afraid I'll just fail at the pre-op diet and they will cancel my surgery. My surgeon required me to lose 5-10% of my body weight prior to surgery, so although I've reached the minimum weight loss, I keep thinking something is wrong with my scale and I'll find out that I didn't lose at all. I can't even tell I've lost.

I'm leaving for Mexico on the 17th, working a night shift on the 16th so maybe I'll sleep on the plane. When is your surgery?

I am on the 2nd day of the pre-op diet. I am a miserable person and just want a hamburger, hoagie, and friend... well just about everything. The liquid diet is making my stomach upset. I can't wait until week 2 pudding. haha. Why do you have to lose more weight after you were approved by your insurance company? I am getting banded on the 10th and I am nervous also

I'm self-pay. I have a borderline "too high" BMI, so if I don't lose it, they may cancel the surgery or charge an extra 5k for high-risk purposes.

You're lucky you are getting banded so soon! That is really exciting. Just a few more days until the 10th!!! Can you take anything for your upset stomach or have they banned TUMS, etc.?

Also, I totally hear you about being a miserable person. I'm getting better, but at the start I was dying.

Ohh okay. Ya but the pre-op liquid is the worst. I can't take anything

I know' date=' I've got a lot of anxiety about it, too. I'm really afraid I'll just fail at the pre-op diet and they will cancel my surgery. My surgeon required me to lose 5-10% of my body weight prior to surgery, so although I've reached the minimum weight loss, I keep thinking something is wrong with my scale and I'll find out that I didn't lose at all. I can't even tell I've lost.

I'm leaving for Mexico on the 17th, working a night shift on the 16th so maybe I'll sleep on the plane. When is your surgery?[/quote']

My surgery is the 23rd. You've already lost 5% that's awesome! You're on the right track.

Hi everyone!

I am having the procedure tomorrow morning have to be at the hospital at 6:00am hope to see you all on the other side.

Will keep you all posted

Good luck tomorrow!

Congrats, Moses, keep us updated! I am so excited to get this surgery over with.

And thanks, Mimi. :)

Hey guys....Just had the banding done on Thursday........

During the procedure I had a hiatal hernia repaired as well......the procedure kicked my butt.....but I am feeling better each and every day!

Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! Glad you're feeling okay! I am having a hiatal hernia repaired during my surgery too. I heard it's a little tougher than just getting the banding done, but I'm hoping that it cuts down the acid reflux I've had for years which has gotten worse in the past few months. Keep us posted on your progress!