Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded Friday and I'm so sore. I have been laying in bed all day and i have lots of pillows and a heating pad on my belly....it seems to help. Anyone have any good ideas of what i can do for soreness?

Take your pain meds as prescribed, don't skip doses. Push fluids as much as you can and continue to rest. Day 3 was the worst for me as well :( if some of the pain is from gas, walking helps as well as gas x strips. On a brighter note, day 4 got much better when I realized warm tea was my savior and became hydrated enough. Prayers for a better day!

I was banded just this last Tuesday FYI ;)

I've been having gas the past two days, yesterday I had to travel 12 hours in the car to get home so that made it pretty rough. Every time I felt gas pains I just got out of the car and walked for a bit and that helped relieved a lot of it. I find if I walk to long of a distance tho I get light headed and begin to feel nauseas.

Happy healing everyone :)

I felt dizzy today too. I think its because I have been doing too much and not resting enough. I went to church, but left early because of the dizziness. I think I am not eating enough. I am only eating 2-3 times a day. I am just not that hungry.

I agree, the more I walk the less gas I have.

Yep I'm home. Came home right after the surgery. No patch' date=' but I have the Phenergan gel to rub on my wrists. It helps but it doesn't seem like for very long...how are you??[/quote']

Rita, they put a patch behind my ear for the nausea and I left with a Rx for a suppository. The patch evidently really works because I haven't been nauseous at all! Seems like since we were at the same facility they would have given us the same things. . .guess different doctors have different remedies! I hope it gets better for you!

Try the chewable gas x. They seem to work much more than the strips.

Healthy50, just makesure you are getting in 64 ounces of liquid. It is ok not to be hungry. you just have to stay hydrated and if you are early post op drink Protein Drinks, the make clear ones or unflavored powder if you are still on clears.

That is something I haven't even focused on. You are right I don't think I am getting enough fluids. I did better today on eating 4-5 times a day including Protein drinks. I also drank more Water today. Thanks for the reminder.

That is great. I remember the first month, I was eating about 1/2 a cup 4-5 times a day and drinking all day. I counted the Protein in on my meals. It tool me an hour to drink one! Hope you are feeling better.

I've been having gas the past two days' date=' yesterday I had to travel 12 hours in the car to get home so that made it pretty rough. Every time I felt gas pains I just got out of the car and walked for a bit and that helped relieved a lot of it. I find if I walk to long of a distance tho I get light headed and begin to feel nauseas.

Happy healing everyone :)[/quote']

You went 12 hours to have surgery?! Where are you located? Also, do you have someone local who can do fills? Hope you are feeling well!

I had my surgery yesterday. Surgery went great, no problems at all. Today has been terrible. So sick to my stomach. I have waves of nausea and feel like I am going to throw up. Scared to death to throw up. My left shoulder, side and chest hurt from the gas. And nothing seems to help. I had a hysterectomy in September and that was nothing. I debt think I was expecting this much pain. But I will survive!! :)

It would normally be about a 4-5 hour drive then 1.5hrs on a ferry, but because of the snow.. We had to take a longer route. There isn't anyone local who can do my fills unfortunately. I had a consultation with a few different surgeons and just chose the one I was most comfortable with. So unfortunately, it's quite a haul every time I go for a fill. But because I live so far away my doctor agreed to give me fills if needed over 4 years instead of 2.

I live in British Columbia, Canada.

How have you been doing?