Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Helpppppp Me Please

Hello it's been such a long time since I wrote. I am stuck at a weight which Is 203 I am a year out and starting weight was 255. I just don't know how to workout what kind of workouts what to eat without spending tons of money, I am lost I just wanna starve myself. I feel like a failure. Please people give me a detailed plan I will start now

starving will eventually make you binge and end up (gaining) so dont do it......walking..its free

agree w ith missy, go to a nutritionist or you dr...you lost 50 pounds so you know what to do...and how to do it..

Ladies I've been to a nutritionist last month I have a idea of things to eat but I don't no how to workout eat meals like I should what should I do far as getting on track I really need to get 35 lbs off quick but not to quick

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If your nutritionist didn't give you enough info, go back and ask specifically what you need to know. In the meantime, count calories, stick to a cup or less of food per meal, and make healthy food choices.

As far as working out, you'll have to ask a trainer or even your doctor. We don't know anything about your medical history or physical needs so we can't help with that.

The average weight loss for someone with a band is 1-2 pounds a week, so I'd plan on that for the speed at which you lose the 35 pounds.

Just really go back to the start. Think about all the things you did when you first got banded that worked well for you. Double check that you are doing all the key things we were taught. If you want to start adding in exercise to help jump start things I can give you a few suggestions. I am doing the "Couch to 5K" program. It is a program that gets you from walking to running.... Also, there is a great dvd out there by Jillian Michaels called 30 Day Shred. It is hard but good. I don't know your medical history so this isn't advice, just an idea. I think the biggest thing is to do some type of exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes. Wishing you the best!

Band or no band counting calories and sticking to the number the NUT or dr gave you is the only way to lose weight. If you don't remember the caloric intake you are supposed to have give them a call. I am betting its somewhere between 1200 and 1500 calories a day.

Once you get a specific amount of calories allotted to you daily from your nutritionist, then go ahead and use myfitnesspal.com or lose it! and get cracking on tracking your caloric intake

you should be aware that you may need a fill

as for working out, if you get clearance from your doc to hit the gym you gotta go at least 3x per week. No excuses

Ask your nutrionist to sit down with you and lay out a diagram for you on paper. My nutrionisit did that for me even though I didn't need to physically see it because I have been on weight watchers most of my life and know the basics, the foundation of a diet plan.

Example: start by knowing what your caloric daily intake will be and work from there. Than you plan:

Breakfast -

lunch -

dinner -

snack -

You know that banded patients do not eat more than a cup of food per meal. So you break it down. to 3-4 ounces of lean meat, followed by 1/4 veggie, 1/4 starch. Or if you dont eat starches you can eat more veggies or have a side salad as long as everything equals to a cup worth of food. Your snack should be sensible, incorporate fresh fruits into your diet if you can eat it.

Remember also to drink plenty of Water, exercise, and take a Multivitamin.

I know this is too much for you to ingest but you really need to keep a journal or track your foods,it really is your way to having a successful weightloss. There are apps for your phone such as Loseit and myfitnesspal both are great tools and super easy to use.This way you can see what you are eating and how much, and what your nutrients daily intake is as well

Take a deep breath, relax you can do this....

Exercise is really important on this journey so good on you for recognising that you need it. It is almost impossible to maintain an exercise regime if you are not enjoying it and not able to incorporate it into your daily life. I have not set foot in a gym since being banded but I have lost about 140lb (63kg).

I walk, started slowly and built up, great way to spend time with my husband.

I dance. Fantastic way to spend time with my husband and friends.

I cycle. Twice a week I cycle commute to work, 30km each way, plus Sundays we (there's that husband again!) ride about 45km with another group of friends. Husband and I also have a number of major cycling goals, including the Great Victorian Bike Ride, a multi day event which starts at the end of next week.

And I swim. That's pretty solitary but my awesome husband has been taking adult swim lessons so that we can at least share a lane at the pool.

I started from an exercise base of virtually nothing. Now, if I don't exercise, I feel as though I have missed out.

Good luck and keep on asking questions!

I would like to say thank you to all. I do know my calorie intake I have made my mind up and decided to really go Hard right after thanksgiving I am giving it my all. I will post a picture the night before I start. Love the support here

I would like to say thank you to all. I do know my calorie intake I have made my mind up and decided to really go Hard right after thanksgiving I am giving it my all. I will post a picture the night before I start. Love the support here

Sorry babe... but after Thanksgiving is a cop-out! Do it now! Don't want to be mean, but SERIOUSLY? what you gonna do? Pig out on Thanksgiving?

Get a grip!

I have to say, I agree with Chez. If you're serious about getting back on track. DO IT NOW! Tomorrow never comes. You need to hit it hard. When I started this process, I was on a liquid diet for Easter...I made it through. I wanted this surgery and that's what I had to do to get it. SO, I did it.

Just get back on the wagon and don't look back.

I wish you luck on your journey.

Tomorrow never comes.

Ain't that the truth! One of the reasons I was obese enough to qualify for WLS is that each new miracle diet always started on Monday, or the day after a vacation, or the week after a business trip, or the month after Christmas. And ended a few days later. It wasn't until I approached healthy eating & exercise as a permanent lifestyle that I actually succeeded at long term weight loss.