Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting To See If I Get A Fill

I'm so nervous! I haven't been to the dr since May, because I gained weight. I made a appointment in hopes of getting my 2nd fill in a year. Wish me luck!

I haven't made an appointment since March, I got discouraged because I wasn't losing any weight :( I need to call, but I'm to nervous! I got banded almost a year ago.

I know how you feel. I told my husband I was nervous enough to be the day of my surgery. Just make it and get back on track. To the Dr I've only lost 2 lbs since I was lost here, but to me I'm down 16. Still waiting for dr.

You both need to check in with your doctor or you have done the band for nothing. It's okay if you have gained some weight, then doctor will make comments but use them as getting back on track. You both sacrificed on the operating table, and why don't you use the tool as a positive way. Start over by drinking liquids and Protein shakes again, then start introducing some food. I know YOU can DO it!

Best wishes and Keep the Faith.

Well it's a no, little upset but I guess I should have known.

I will preface by saying I am not meaning to be self promoting or in any way rude... but one of the reasons I was so successful in my opinion is because I saw my Dr every single month. We worked together decided on calorie counts, fills and anything else that was going on.

In fact last spring the Dr said I was doing so well we could make it every 2 months and I about had a panic attack thinking I would fail with out the monthly visit..... but I didnt. Because I had a good foundation of 15 months of visits I knew what to do.

Now I am on quarterly visits and I am ok with it... but I also know that if I need a fill or anything else in the meantime my Dr is a phone call away.

Glad you are going to see the Dr. I really believe it makes all the difference.

I ended up getting .5 put in after I talked to my nutritionist. Gave me better guidelines to follow and go back in 2 weeks. I sure hope this helps me even more to get back on track.

when I got enough in my band it really helped but like anything else you have to work at it and stay on track. Get rid of anything in your house that you eat to much off and fill it with the best of food.track everything and come to the chat room daily to share and get a boost.....good luck you can do it................line dancer

I get on and read post everyday, but personally don't post a whole lot. I should start getting more involved and I'm sure with all the great people on here I could learn a lot more.

It's your surgeon's and dietitian's JOB to help you lose weight. They are better qualified to do that than anyone else you know, and avoiding seeing them is (as you've discovered) self-defeating.

So many bandsters are embarrassed or fearful to admit their problems to their surgeons, but unless the doctor has a lousy bedside manner, I can't think of a single good reason to avoid a come-to-Jesus meeting with him/her. Your surgeon and dietitian already know that you have an eating problem, as evidenced by the obesity that brought you to their office i the first place. Every single bariatric professional I've ever talked with or heard speak at a WLS convention has expressed chagrin over losing patients to aftercare. It's very, very frustrating to them to have a patient drop out of sight.

That said, I will also say that the prodigal bandster may not like what he/she hears when finally talking with the surgeon again, but sometimes we need some tough love to get us back on track.

I completely agree with you Jean. My success so far is due to my aftercare. I see my doctor every month, don't always get a fill. We discuss my eating and exercise for the previous month and how to improve it.

It's so very important to keep going to your doctor. Don't be afraid of what they are going to say, chances are you need to hear it.

Good luck.

i agree with AJ and Jeannie

my surgeon saw me at my highest weight..why would i be scared to see him now? i am sure it will be fine. the only way to find out is to make that appt and go.....as rojo said, you went through all the stuff to have surgery and then the surgery itself, why waste any more of your precious time (in avoidance).....go and get it over with. betting it wont be as (bad) as you are leading yourself to think it will be.