Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC's April Chat

I'm around, just busy busy busy. Today worked morning shift and night shift at the Y. Won't be a promblem in the summer though. New state rule...employees can only take their children with them to work for 2 1/2 per day. So summer, my shifts will be 2 1/2 hours long. Hey maybe it will get me back on track workout wise. I will still get the member benifits of 2 hours of day care before or after my shift. If I like it better I might just stick to the same schedule in the fall when the kids are back in school.

Angie, I'm sorry to hear things aren't going the way you had hoped. My boss at work is just started going through a divorce for her husband. (things have been bad for years I gather, and she is relieved at this point) But this week when hubby and I felt distant and cranky I automatically jumped to...he is going to divorce me. He has since told me I'm just freaking crazy...and that he is just stressed at work and having a crankfest. If you need anything just let me know....I work right on 49 and could come down and meet you sometime...especially on a Tuesday or Thursdays.

Karen, I say you bug the begeegees out them. And check out the internet for things to arm your self with...maybe others fights against insurance? I have a good feeling that things are going to work out for you.

Diane ...you have a blast on Vacation girl. I'm right behind you at the end of June...my first cruise EVER. I was really hoping to be closer to the onelanderville...but guess I'll take what I got.

My friend in texas just sent me her fat clothes......they are size 14...(can you picture my face right now LOL) Anyway...I have tons of clothes if I ever get there! ...nice stuff, one is a really pretty silk tunic pantsuit from neiuem marcus....I can't even spell it...much less afford to shop there! LOL

I have some size 22 and 20 stuff to give away...most of it being long paints and casual in variety. There is a pair of jean shorts that I wore last year...size 24. I loved them...so tried to wear them this weekend...hard to believe my ass was that big! Hehehe they sag in the butt badly now. Not a whole lot of dress stuff. Anyone want? I wish I could be giving away my 18 right now. My goal to get into my friends fat 14's by this time next year!

Melissa, busy is good. I can use some 20/22 pants. I wear the ones from the last clothes exchange a lot!

Kim, how's work? How's Curtis doing?

Angie, we're praying for you! Put it in His hands and things will be as they should!

Dianne, can I be your concierge? I'll take good care of you while on the cruise and sleep on the floor! :Banane56:

Jennifer, you're doing great! Keep venting as needed; it helps.

Wavy, how are you doing?

Denika?

Where are Starr, Sherrie, Magic, Geomyth, Vericks, Stacy, Oreilly76, Oh2bethin, Court, NClonghorn, skyeblu79, who else?

Wow Karen.....you have a better handle on who is who than me. I didn't realize we had grown to so many......so we have so many...why isn't anyone helping to indulge my coffee habit tomorrow at the mall?

Oh Angie- I didn't know you were going through all of this. I'm so sorry. Your prayers are with me. Please give me a call anytime if you want to talk or need a listener.

Try not to stress with the weight right now, you have to much other stuff going on. I know, easier said than done. My prayers are with you.

Miss you all Melissa, I can meet I just have to meet after 10:30.

We have a great group here!

Ok clothes exchange is in order we can do it at my house if you'd all like I'll even make a meal for us all. I have tons of summer stuff mostly 24's and some shoes that are to big now too.

Oh we are going to an all inclusive place in Cancun. I'm excited! I am really not going to have to many drinks since the calories are so bad, but when I do have one I will toast to all of you, my friends.

Angie girl I am here for you - anything you need. I know I am not close but we can call each other. I will talk to you as long as I need to. (((BIG HUGS))) your way.

Seems like everyone is so busy lately. I love coming here checking up on everyone and seeing how everyone is. You are all like my 2nd family. A special family if you will.

Karen you keep bugging them...stay on top of them. You deserve this more and more everyday. God has his plan for you.

Dianne girl you have fun on that trip....sounds so nice. I am going to have to live my life through you.

Kathy - you always have the right words at the right time. I admire you so much!!!

Melissa - I totally understand the being busy thing - home and work. WOW. Clothes - I am in a 22 / 20 now. How exciting so if you want to bring some things I will be happy to look through them. You know me I will look at them and I am sure I will find something.

I just love this place!!!! We can always come here and talk and open up about anything and everything.

Ok so I went to this seminar friday about support groups it was GREAT. The lady who ran it was just the best...she has several books out about WLS as she is a patient herself. We got alot of great ideas. I went into work for a few hours today and I finally feel like I am getting a handle on things. That was after I spent most of the morning getting Curtis' room cleaned out. Wow for 3 yrs old he has alot of CRAP!!!! ;) I need to teach him to not be a pack rat like me.

Ok hope everyone has a nice enjoyable Sunday...

Just a quick thank you to everyone. I so appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I am attending church again tomorrow. I haven't been going like I should for sometime now and I feel comfort in going now. Thanks for being here for me.

Angie

Hi gang,

Isn't this weather fantastic! I rode my bicycle tonight for the first time in a very long time. I was scared half to death when I got going, but then I was fine. My butt hurts though!

Have a good night, thinking of all of you.

Dianne how funny - I was just telling Mike I wanted a bike. Curtis is starting to finally pedal now so I thought it would be nice to go out as a family so I think for mothers day I am getting a bike. ;)

Oh we had our first Lap Band seminar tonight....it wasn't as big as the other seminar but we had a pretty good turn out. I tell people about the site so hopefully we will get some more people here...some seem to come and go and I hope they come back.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Today was great - Caren (my sister) and I spent the day together. We went to Northlake I bought 2 shirts (2X) and guess what I have to take them back...THEY ARE TOO BIG!!!! Yeah me so I am hoping that the 1X will fit and that I am not in between sizes. UGH...

Ok so hope everyone had a great weekend and Monday here is to a GREAT Tuesday!!

I had a good extended weekend with my Mom, but the trips to and from WV made it seem shorter and wore me out!

I expect work to be really busy this week; so I may be somewhat incommunicado.

I'll call the appeals board every Friday until I hear something.

I can't wait until May 20th; I miss you all! I know we can write, but it's not quite the same as seeing everyone's smiling faces! ;)

This is so funny, I pulled my bike out over the weekend and was going to ride but I needed air. Oh Hi Everyone. I know, I write like a crazy woman - can't keep my train of thought. Take care

P.S. I miss you guys.

Hi gals. I saw the nutritionist today. No big surprises....no weight loss...her scale at least said I maintained.....mine says I've gained 3lbs. I like her scale better this week LOL. I'm going to start emailing her my weekend food diary...as that seems to be my problem days. Weekdays are better. I'm also going into the office next week and he is going to try and give me a tweak there. If he can locate the port easily enough he will do it in office....if not I'll have to make an appointment for the hospital for flouro. I don't think my port is hard to feel, but I'm not trying to stick it with a needle either. My pcp put me on supplements yesterday, but Dr. Bauman has his OWN protocal, so they called in a prescription for vitiamins today. Guess I'll do what dr. Bauman says....he is the cuter of the two docs.

The bike thing is so funny. I want one for my b-day which is in 2 weeks.

My husband says I cannot have one because I won't use it. Guess what, I'll prove him wrong. I don't normally Celebrate mother's day, however, this year I just might. Too many years growing up my mom created hositle birthdays due to mother's day overlapping my b-day.

I was thinking a $70 Walmart bike might be the fit, however, like dianne they hurt my butt when I tried them out. We have a nice park within driving distance where we could bike as a family. I also was thinking I could use the greenway they have in gastonia. I do want something new to play my tunes one, not sure if I want to ride a bike with an ipod on.

Melissa, good luck. I'm not sure what the hiccup is, are you simply too busy with everything going on and your eating on the go? I haven't been 100 percent dedicated on my eating plan, I'm getting my protien, but i've splurged a bit. So, I will get back on the wagon. I don't see dianne or dr b until May so I have some time to pass.

Good luck - Kim I also need to buy a bathing suit. LL BEan has some simple tank suits for $25.00 so that's the option I'm gonna go with. I will be at carowinds in that Water park, especially since I"ve been disappointed in the past with the capacity there.

It's a combanation of things. Not folliwing plan as well as I should or probally could (I'd say about 80-85%...with weekends being my downfall.) Not loosing as much weight at this point as I thought i should or could. Fighting the whole frustration and the bad attitude of "well I'm not loosing anyway why bother....or why not have that extra treat" I think part of it is I need a slight tweak. I have been concentrating on not drinking with meals. I even made it through spicey garlic tofu tonight without a sip. It wasn't pleasant and I won't be ordering that again...but I made it through.

My vitimans were all screwed up too. My PCP who keeps having to be reminded of the type of surgery I had said "It's to be expected because of the malasorbtion" I've been given scripts for vit d and c, and told to take over the counter b1 and Iron. All of those vits affect metabolism...so maybe its making it a little toughier to lose? That combined with my sucky attitude it's a wonder I didn't gain more! LOL

For you coffee lovers out there....I bought me a single cup pod type coffee maker today at target. Clearanced to 9.99! So now I can just brew one cup at a time. They also sell tea pods that can be used it. It was target in pineville if anyone else is interested. Or call me and I can pick one up tomorrow as I have to go back for my scripts. Its a Melitta