Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow U Eat That!?

Since you are too freak'en weak to quote your source we have no clue who you are responding to. People are ill, they do not fail you dumbass. Respond to my post you chicken ****! you know, the one where you claimed you weren't coming back here. Post your sources where you claim erosion is the fault of bandsters when even modern medcine does not know this information.

Again, how is fugging goal working for you? You have been banded for 3 years. You were overall a lightweight. YOU claim following band rules makes success. Why haven't YOU reached goal?

All I can say is WOW....you sure sound angry to me.....please deep breath and remember....if you cant say something nice......say nothing at all....that is the rule I tell my children....

I to came in late....but Cheryl....so sorry some one talked to you the way i see here...we are all here to support each other......if they dont want to hear what we have to say...that is up to them...but under NO way do they hve the right to treat another like they did you....God Bless you....

note to Bandsters:

I have deleted a number of highly antagonistic posts by a member who is way out of spec with the Rules as posted.

Don't care about the argument, we can learn to express ourselves within the intention and guidelines posted.

I eat all that crap and can't fight the urge. I'm weak like that. I still think fat. This an addiction. I'm having a hard time eating properly. It seems like a lot of people follow the plan out if fear. I wish I had some of that.

Fear is a good thing sometimes. I was scared to death to eat junk. Never would have dreamed of eating fast food the first year after surgery. But fear wore off. I'd like to go back to that way of thinking. Make good choices... you just have to make good choices!

Good Luck to you!

wow... I love a heated debate. When you look at everything as a whole.... everyone is right and everyone is wrong in some aspects No one has all the answers on what does or what doesn't cause bands to fail. All we can do is our best with what we have and what we know.

this i do know..... i have seen first hand the following:

four friends that had Gastric bypass.... Jenny who has maintained her weight loss for over 10 years now, Todd gained all his weight back, EJ gained all his weight back plus some, and Krystal who is in the process of gaining her weight back.

two friend that had the sleeve.... tammy lost over 100lbs, but recently put back 30 (according to her), and Kelly who has the sleeve done about a two years ago. She has lost weight, but not as much as she could have... according to her.

and then there is the LB friends..... Paula.. who was my mentor, is over 4 years out and has lost over 100lbs, smokes, drinks soda every day all day and so far so good. Her girlfriend Mia.. who had surgery same day and same dr. as me.... has lost 100lbs and has kept it off. No problems so far. Tamiko.. who lost over 100 and until recently kept it all off. she got in a bad accident and is on steroids and has made her gain a little back.. she was a by the book person... her band is six years out... and so far so good. And then there is my sister in law... Jenny... she had hers done in Mexico and one year out had to have it re done here in the states.... she didn't fellow the rules and lost about 20lbs and then gained it all back.... but hey if you eat ice cream and candy all day... you will gain. three weeks ago, she had the band removed and had gastric bypass.... so we shall see.

Bottom line is .... with every surgery there is success and failures..... some or due to the surgery and some are due to patient compliance..... Either way... we all have to step up and take accountability for ourselves... I know that i have gained 5lbs back... but i'm at fault... eating wrong and not going to the gym.... my bad... not the band, and not the doctor... me.

Best of luck to everyone

What the hElloween is going on here?!

Wishing bad karma, criticizing spelling, and grammar, mocking rate of weight loss?

This week I read other snide answers to someone giving their opinion. Lapband or no lapband, all the weightloss in the world isn't going to change ugly if it's on the inside. Step away from the site, take a walk, and don't come back if you can't act respectful and or accept what others say.

Any maui, notice accept was used correctly. I don't care if you were educated at Harvard, you have no class. Proud of yourself?

note to Bandsters:

I have deleted a number of highly antagonistic posts by a member who is way out of spec with the Rules as posted.

Don't care about the argument, we can learn to express ourselves within the intention and guidelines posted.

Thank you! I was hoping one of the moderators would get wind of this thread and do something about it.

Most of us are here for support and motivation. Especially us newly banded.

And for the most part that is exactly what we get on this forum which is why I like it so much.

I hope things will get back to normal now.

What the hElloween is going on here?!

Wishing bad karma' date=' criticizing spelling, and grammar, mocking rate of weight loss?

This week I read other snide answers to someone giving their opinion. Lapband or no lapband, all the weightloss in the world isn't going to change ugly if it's on the inside. Step away from the site, take a walk, and don't come back if you can't act respectful and or accept what others say.

Any maui, notice accept was used correctly. I don't care if you were educated at Harvard, you have no class. Proud of yourself?[/quote']

My problem was purely the lumping everyone with band complications/failure in one category; noncompliant. I was attacked for asking that this position be rethought since there are so many of our banded friends suffering complications. Maddiesgram WAS condescending in her use of sweetheart and it ruffled my feathers a bit. The use of excepting (accepting) was incorrect within the context of her post. As far as having no class, it doesn't matter. My only beef was the blanket statement made by AJ "Ditto Missy! It truely breaks my heart to read posted about how the band failed. The band doesn't fail, patients do. I know there is a small percent of true band failures, but you get my point." Copied and pasted from page

My statement about mean girls was justified by the way I've been attacked on this thread.

To anyone and everyone who belittles ANY weight loss by a member of this forum shame on you! We all work very hard, and every one is different. Don't attack respect for the commitment to make our lives better and healthier. End of sermon!

Hi all:)

Start my journey - 3/12 weight- 223.5 lbs

I was banded aug 15 2012. @201 lbs

Currently holding steady @ 190 and dying to see the scale move, And I'm struggling. It's work everyday to stay away from food. BUT I'm not eating Fast food! By any means. Just haven't found my 'green' I guess. And still learning.

BUT it floors to see people eat Mc'd , burger King, Popeyes ect ect. That have been banded!!!

Dont get me wrong..I'll enjoy a cream puff, or peice of chocolate here and there. But NOT everyday or even a whole peice. I'm not perfect by far. But Fast food Days are over for me. Sorry if it sounds judgmental. But my brain doesn't process how that's ok. And it's because I'm struggling so hard, mentally and physically to get it all 'right'. Have a great day all:)

Another "late post" due to vacation and medical issues, but wanted to "chime in"...

Weight loss success is more than making good choices with food...there is Portion Control and conquering distorted thinking about food that are also "major players".

It's like gun control...guns don't kill people, irresponsible people who possess and use guns in an inappropriate manner kill people.

"Fast food" should not be "villianized"; like everything else, it's a choice we make. Burger King and McDonald's did not make people gain weight and become fat, the people who choose the less healthy items on the fast food menu and don't manage their portions are the ones who gain weight and become fat.

We just returned from a road trip, and if you want to arrive at your destination in a timely manner, you just don't have the time to search out better places to eat. I managed to loose 2 pounds while on vacation, and yes, we did stop at Burger King and McDonald's where I was able to find healthy wraps and salads, and controlled my portions.

Weight gain is a complex event; there are components of will power, education, and psychology involved. There is no "one size fits all" to describe the mitigating factors which cause an individual to become obese.

Blaming fast food when you have a choice to manage portion size and choose healthy menu items is far too simplistic to be considered an idea of merit, IMHO.

I eat responsibly, the same way that I carry a concealed weapons permit responsibly.

Other's mileage may vary...

If I have to eat McD food or Wendy's.Ill order just the meat without the bread.No fries or sugary sodas.Or I'll order a salad.Ive trained myself to not even want that crappy food at fast food joints.Plus I know what I've been through to achieve what I've done.Dont self destruct yourself

It floors me as well the only one I can say "ok" to is chipotle, because you can choose what to put into a bowl, leaving out the starches and controlling the calories but of course even that is 3 meals probably

All other fast food there's just no excuse for it