Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I am 40yrs young, married, have a precious 5yr young son, am a nurse, but my main occupation is my son.

i had looked into the lapband about a yr and a half ago, back then my insurance absolutely didn't covered the procedure. i hadn't looked into this even though we had changed insurances. nice surprise when i looked and found out that this new insurance would cover!!! yeah, my journey began August 2012. Dr. Carcamo and his staff at true results in san antonio helped me all the way into Oct 19,2012, my surgery day. i started at 226lbs, with the pre op and now liquid diet i am now 198lbs. first time in YEARS since i've been out of the 200's.

for now i wouuld like to encourage everyone to keep following your doctor's advice because only patience, time, and hard work will get us through this journey.

Oct 2012 bandsters ROCK!!!!!

Welcome Lee! You've done very well, good going! I was banded Oct15. I too am ready to rock this band!

great Maddy!!!

so excited for this friday's weigh in.

i have my doctor's f/u appointment monday, i see what he says. :)

Congratulations. I am waiting for my date.I appreciate hearing your positivepositive outlook

Congratulations. I am waiting for my date.I appreciate hearing your positivepositive outlook

yes, because there is o room here for negativity. we will make it through! keep in touch, i find your company encouraging as well! thank you!

Hi~

I am a newbie too!

My date is not until November 19th.

But I want to express how wonderful this forum is!

Hearing stories is so inspirational!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

Hi~

I am a newbie too!

My date is not until November 19th.

But I want to express how wonderful this forum is!

Hearing stories is so inspirational!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

hi Elizabeth! u am so glad to here from you! keep this site handy, i just found it today and am so excited about it. this will definitely help you on your way. :)

Congrats!! It definitely is a new beginning! This site is the best thing I have come across.. utilize it.. rejoice in it! lol Most everyone here is wonderful.. you will always have your negativities but remember, each person is different and many who are not successful did not follow what she should. So just keep on encouraging it! Welcome!! and **hugs**!

The best thing I have ever decided on is the band and a better quality of health. I've lost 60 pounds, 34 pounds prior to surgery and 26 pounds since my band date of Aug 6. I'm happy with band and what it has provided to me. I count calories daily and try and register what I put in my mouth. Protein first, then the rest. I'm not a big exercise person, maybe 2 times a week, treadmill and air resistance bike. If only I could persuade my brain to exercise more, I would probably have 75 pounds off me. Oh well, at least I'm losing and I've only had one fill of 1.5cc for a total of 3cc. My Allergan band is a 14cc band. And I have my second fill scheduled next week on October 30.

Congrats!! It definitely is a new beginning! This site is the best thing I have come across.. utilize it.. rejoice in it! lol Most everyone here is wonderful.. you will always have your negativities but remember, each person is different and many who are not successful did not follow what she should. So just keep on encouraging it! Welcome!! and **hugs**!

thank you for the warm welcome Destynee! i hope we do stay intouch through this journey!

The best thing I have ever decided on is the band and a better quality of health. I've lost 60 pounds, 34 pounds prior to surgery and 26 pounds since my band date of Aug 6. I'm happy with band and what it has provided to me. I count calories daily and try and register what I put in my mouth. Protein first, then the rest. I'm not a big exercise person, maybe 2 times a week, treadmill and air resistance bike. If only I could persuade my brain to exercise more, I would probably have 75 pounds off me. Oh well, at least I'm losing and I've only had one fill of 1.5cc for a total of 3cc. My Allergan band is a 14cc band. And I have my second fill scheduled next week on October 30.

thank you for shareing! you are a great inspiration to many of us. i am only one week out of surgery today and am already thinking, "this is awesome!" i haven't tested but i believe my sleep apnea is resovled or already on it's way out of my life!!!! so so happy for this great community :)

Hey, congratulations! That is so awesome! I just got banded and started about same weight as you, so you have inspired me. Lets keep in touch. Im in Dallas area.

Hey, congratulations! That is so awesome! I just got banded and started about same weight as you, so you have inspired me. Lets keep in touch. Im in Dallas area.

i am so glad to here from you. not only are we in the same weight range, the same banded month, but we are in Texas too!!! i'm 8 hrs south of dallas in del rio.and yes definetly lets keep in touch :)

I was banded Oct 11 - in the Dallas area, too. Ready to try a regular diet later this week and awaiting my first fill next week. Very excited to add this tool to my armamentarium against obesity.

I've been walking, but excited to be released to do more - not sure what that will involve yet....

I also threw away my scale - at the advice of my eating disorder therapist. I have not regretted it for a second! I'm less focused on the number and more focused on taking care of myself. I am in this to win it, so I started therapy the week after my band was placed. Compulsive overeater - learning to reward and comfort myself without food will be challenging, but I am up for it!

Good luck, everybody!

I was banded Oct 11 - in the Dallas area, too. Ready to try a regular diet later this week and awaiting my first fill next week. Very excited to add this tool to my armamentarium against obesity.

I've been walking, but excited to be released to do more - not sure what that will involve yet....

I also threw away my scale - at the advice of my eating disorder therapist. I have not regretted it for a second! I'm less focused on the number and more focused on taking care of myself. I am in this to win it, so I started therapy the week after my band was placed. Compulsive overeater - learning to reward and comfort myself without food will be challenging, but I am up for it!

Good luck, everybody!

that's so awsome, i am very excited to hear from you. you have a true determination. getting rid of your scale is a great thing. you are right a number is not what should define us anyway. i hope to keep in touch.

happy trails!!!