Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - April 2006

Um, I put up some pics of me on the Before and After thread. Just in case any of you want a peek at me. *grins*

hehe, I peeked!!! You look wonderful! What a difference! You are just shrinking...and I'm so jealous about your cute jeans. My jeans don't look like that on me...well, the ones I tried on last night anyway, I don't own jeans...but yours are so cute! And I love your bangs. You are such a P'nut! Good job posting pics. Yay!!!

Okay, here's this week.

The best me - H 242/ S 223/ J 188/ C 183.8 (-58.2 lbs total, -0 this week)

And Paula...you go girl! Way to get me on the ball! :confused:

P'Nut - I saw your pics on the before & after thread. YOU LOOK AWESOME!! Wow. You are beautiful. You need to post MORE pictures here. You are doing such a good job at telling everyone how good they're doing - now it's time for us to give you lots of atta girls!! We all love you P'Nut!! Size 18 pants are a BIG DEAL!! I'm so proud of you. You're going to pass me up in no time. (I getter get to work!!!)

By the way, it's Wednesday so I guess I better post my weight. :confused:

C 202 (-55 total) Susan, it's the same as always, no need to change anything on the front page!!

I actually weigh what my ticker says & what is posted on the front page of the Gone for Good Club says!! ROFL!! I had gained 2 lbs. & refused to move my ticker back up to 204 & decided to wait until I got back down!! I had my band filled on Monday & the 2 lbs. just melted off. OH, I am so happy to have this band filled again!! :) Life is so much easier when my band is filled properly.

You all are doing so good! I can't wait to lose 4 lbs. a week like the rest of you!!!

Thank you ALL so much for all of the sweet and encouraging comments both here and on the before and after thread. I love you all too! :confused:

Kathy, those are the stubborn 22s I mentioned in my NSV. I cant believe Im comfortably wearing my new 18s today, yet those 22s are so tight. Could be the cut. You'll notice those are the tapered legged jeans - that went out of style years ago! LOL I've been wearing old clothes that I've saved from previous weight loss attempts. These new 18s are lower cut (just above the hips) and slightly flared legs! I'm wearing bell bottoms!! First time since the early 70s. :clap2:

Ok, here are my numbers for the week:

C 246 (-61 lbs total, -4 this week)

The Spring 2006 GFG Challenge

will begin on April 26th and end on May 31st.

I will post the rules and information for how to participate sometime in the next few days. This is going to be fun for everyone, so please give it a go. There's no telling who will win until the very end. I'll also be designing a GFG Badge of Honor for the winner to have in their signature. :biggrin1:

Kathy, those are the stubborn 22s I mentioned in my NSV. I cant believe Im comfortably wearing my new 18s today, yet those 22s are so tight. Could be the cut. You'll notice those are the tapered legged jeans - that went out of style years ago! LOL I've been wearing old clothes that I've saved from previous weight loss attempts. These new 18s are lower cut (just above the hips) and slightly flared legs! I'm wearing bell bottoms!! First time since the early 70s. :clap2:

It's the cut. I went shopping last night and bought 2 pair of pants, 2 dressy shirts to go with, and 3 t-shirts that actually fit in pretty colors. Perfect for running around.

So, I went to Dress Barn Woman first, and found the pants. They are both 16W's. The 18's at that store were falling off! Yay! But then I went to Kohls and tried on jeans and the 20's fit. Huh? And they didn't fit well, either. My shape is just no good for jeans. I'm big in my butt and legs, and it's just hard to get all that heavy denim up and over it all. Plus my saggy yucky belly...ewww. And I went for boot cut, too. I imagined myself there with Stacey and Clinton telling me to get the right fit, screw the sizes! It was kind of fun. So now I need shoes for my dressy pants. I want a little pointy toed low heel dealio. Rack Room Shoes, here I come!

So I think with my butt/thighs issues, I will always be in a Woman's size, but they go down to a 14 at Dress Barn so that's good. After my Tummy Tuck, I wonder what will fit? After shopping last night, I actually had hope of getting into a 14 again. Dare I hope to dream of a size 12? Not without the TT, but perhaps it's possible?! Come on band...let's get to work!!!!

I'm up for the challenge. Can't wait to see the "rules". I like that we are personalizing the rules (aren't we?) so we can make it just right for each of us!

Great losing everyone!

Hey all my GFG buddies!! I am in a weird place & I don't know who to talk to about it. Nobody around me understands!! So, I'm going to share my weird feelings with all of you & hope SOMEBODY out there understands.

I have taken pictures of me recently. (Some of them are posted on the "New Me" Thread I posted.) I look at the pictures & say - "Okay, so I took a good picture." I went to church in my new Easter Dress & had an overwhelming amount of comments. No less then 25 people told me I looked like a new person & had lots of great compliments for me. As nice as the comments are, I can't truly grasp them. I just figure it must be that I wore a good dress that day. :rolleyes I see myself in a mirror & don't understand what everyone is talking about!! :confused: My husband keeps trying to convince me that that person in all the pictures are the REAL me & that I truly look like that all the time.

I have always had a good self-image. That has never been a problem. I knew that even though I was overweight, I was a good person with lots to offer the world. However, my BODY image must be out of wack!!! I have been living in a big fat suit for so long that it's all I know. I thought I wouldn't have to deal with body image issues until I reached my goal weight!! What is all the fuss about?!?! I am still overweight & have a ways to go. :phanvan

Don't get me wrong!! I am very happy to be where I'm at & I appreciate and LOVE all the comments!! :) I think I'm trying to figure out who I am right now. I've always been the "Funny Fat Girl". Now I'm the..........um..........I have no clue!!! I still think I'm the "Funny Fat Girl" but apparently I don't come across that way anymore!!! I am so messed up!!!

I should probably just start a new thread asking if there's a therapist in the house!! HA!!!

Hey now I can give stats every week, I had my band on Monday and I now am an official member of the gone for good club

Okay, thought I'd post a picture for anyone who cares to be my therapist & figure out my problem!! HA!!

The picture on the left is me as the Funny Fat Girl! (I'm the one on the right.) The picture on the right is my family on Easter Sunday. This is the dress everyone kept telling me how much I looked like a new person!!

post-205063-13813133385582_thumb.gif post-204951-13813133385716_thumb.jpg

So, am I completely messed up?!? What's my deal?!?!? Why can't I see it?! :confused:

post-204836-13813133139512_thumb.jpg

post-204836-13813133164453_thumb.jpg

Geeze Diane, I'm going through the same thing. My closest friend continually makes comments about how tiny I am when we are together. I just chalk it up to her over enthusiasm and encouragement. I put up the pictures yesterday and people say "wow, I can see the change!" but I cant. I think I'm obsessed with looking at my pictures now! I'm always staring at them, comparing them, searching them for some sign of this huge change that everyone else can see. Logically I know I've gone from a size 26 pants to an 18. That has to be a huge difference, right? But everytime someone makes a positive comment, I find some reason to explain their reasons for making such comments. So, scoot over. I'm climbing on the therapist's couch with you!

Diane and Susan!!! WOW!!!! We must be triplets!

I am hearing the same stuff... My size 8, yes, size 8 cousin told me at lunch that we are almost the same size.... I laughed at her for a good 5 minutes.... I know the clothes say size 18, and 1X instead of 26/28 and 3X/4X, but I think they are labeling all the clothes that I am buying wrong! :confused: I still feel like I am in the HUGE FAT suit! I still feel like the fattest person in the room.... Will we ever feel normal? Will it just take time?

Hey shackdog!! Welcome to bandland and the Gone For Good Club!!

Diane - I also went through something similar when I was first starting to lose weight. People would say something and then I would go home, look in the mirror, and wonder what they were smoking. I couldn't see a difference. Of course, this all happened when I was still wearing my size 22/24 clothes. I hadn't purchased new ones so I couldn't see what all of the fuss was about. After I made my first purchase of smaller size clothing, I definitely noticed a difference. My family in Oregon asks me all of the time if my body shape has changed, but it hasn't. I'm smaller, yes, but the shape remains the same. It's kind of weird to look in the mirror and still see the same shape, just a smaller version of it. I'm not complaining, mind you...I like my curves. I do wish that my belly would get smaller quicker than the rest of me. I think if it were gone, I would go down another size. Oh well...I'm patient. I've lived with a big body this long...what's another 6 months or so?

Good luck everyone!! :confused:

:)

So, yesterday when I was out shopping there was a section of the store that had pictures and mirrors (home decor) sitting along a wall. They were on the floor but leaned back against the wall. I was walking down the row, looking at the pictures and the last one in the row was a rather large mirror that I was thinking would look good over our fireplace. Then suddenly it hit me that the legs, hips, and stomach in the mirror.. were MINE! It literally made me gasp because it was truly the first time I had realized that I don't look the same at all! And oddly, it shook me up pretty bad so I turned away and tried to forget it. I think we are afraid to accept this change. How many times have we disappointed ourselves by regaining the weight and having to give up the "nicer" images we saw of ourselves? Maybe this is a defense mechanism? If we reject the image and the compliments, if we refuse to believe that the size 18s we just bought are almost too big on us (it's true!) then maybe we won't be as disappointed this time.

That will be $70 ladies. *holds out her hand with a grin*

I just saw this on lmt33167's signature and thought it a timely quote:

"You can change the outside, you can change the inside, but deep down where it really counts,

you will always be who you truely are" ...Stay true to yourself...