Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so glad everything went well for you. My anxiety is already rising waiting for my surgery on the 12th. Fingers crossed and god willing I will feel as well as you did.

Thanks for the play by play! This really does help since I'm a few months out and still in the early stages of everything. Keep us updated on your recovery! :)

Well, I am very new. I go to the seminar next week and I am already scared completely stupid. I have a friend that had this done and she is loving it but I am just very scared. I believe I read that they strapped you down, I hope they will do that after the anesthesia because I am claustrophbic and I will have a panic attack if I am restrained and know about it. I am really nervous. I just hate being sick to my stomach. does that part last just following surgery or does the nausea/vomiting continue long after?

Well' date=' I am very new. I go to the seminar next week and I am already scared completely stupid. I have a friend that had this done and she is loving it but I am just very scared. I believe I read that they strapped you down, I hope they will do that after the anesthesia because I am claustrophbic and I will have a panic attack if I am restrained and know about it. I am really nervous. I just hate being sick to my stomach. does that part last just following surgery or does the nausea/vomiting continue long after?[/quote']

Hey you've come to the right place to start some research! I'm no expert since I haven't had the surgery, but from what I've seen on here and know from personal experience I believe the nausea affects everyone differently. When I was 9 I had a surgery and I threw up every 45mins for the entire day. My family called the hospital and they believed I may have been allergic to the anesthesia so this is something I will bring to my doctors knowledge before surgery. And know that it's ok to be scared, I'm in the early stages and at sometimes this is very scary but I've noticed my scared feelings start to turn into excitement if you ever have questions this is a great place to ask.

Cupkeezy, glad things went so well for you. And to second or third what others said, thank you for sharing! Please keep us updated :)

Well' date=' I am very new. I go to the seminar next week and I am already scared completely stupid. I have a friend that had this done and she is loving it but I am just very scared. I believe I read that they strapped you down, I hope they will do that after the anesthesia because I am claustrophbic and I will have a panic attack if I am restrained and know about it. I am really nervous. I just hate being sick to my stomach. does that part last just following surgery or does the nausea/vomiting continue long after?[/quote']

They put you on the O.R. table and make sure you are adjusted correctly. They don't strap you down until you are under. As for being nauseous, the two patients in the recovery rooms next to me didn't have any problems. I guess we all take the anesthesia differently.

So, today is day 2 post op. I am taking pain medication every 6 hours as directed, so I haven't felt any pain whatsoever. My stomach is still VERY swollen and bloated. I look like I may be 8 months pregnant, and it is very uncomfortable, but not painful. My bed rest pillow is my new best friend. I can semi-lyedown with it without straining and struggling to get up like I was when I would lay all the way down. I was able to drink a whole bottle of Water slowly sipping throughout the whole day, tried to drink watered down Gatorade (G2) but it was still way too sweet to stomach. Low sodium chicken broth really hit the spot today, tomorrow I hope to eat half a cup of single serving sugar free Jello. Walking is getting much easier, but I'm trying not to push it.

So, today is day 2 post op. I am taking pain medication every 6 hours as directed, so I haven't felt any pain whatsoever. My stomach is still VERY swollen and bloated. I look like I may be 8 months pregnant, and it is very uncomfortable, but not painful. My bed rest pillow is my new best friend. I can semi-lyedown with it without straining and struggling to get up like I was when I would lay all the way down. I was able to drink a whole bottle of Water slowly sipping throughout the whole day, tried to drink watered down Gatorade (G2) but it was still way too sweet to stomach. Low sodium chicken broth really hit the spot today, tomorrow I hope to eat half a cup of single serving sugar free Jello. Walking is getting much easier, but I'm trying not to push it.

Have you been feeling very hungry yet or doing good with the Water and Soup?

Thank you so much for sharing. I, like you haven't had any surgeries. Well when I was 4 I had my tonsils out. But the step by step is very helpful. I am scheduled for 8 AM on Tuesday. I do know that I have to stay overnight in the hospital.

Thank you for posting your experience, I will be banded on 10/16/2012. It helps to know what others have experienced post op. I can't wait to have it done and continue on my journey to good health and active life!

If any of you know any good tips I will be more than Grateful if you would share.

I'm on day 3 now. I'll share a little bit about the hunger.

Day 1-the day of the surgery I couldn't even think about food. I was astonished that I was able to walk because I have NEVER gone 24 hours without eating. I didn't even know it was possible. My mind was more thinking "I better not move too much because I don't want the stitches that are in there to come loose (weird, I know but like I said I've never had surgery before, so it's how I honestly felt.) I had small sips of Water for the rest of the night, but made a mistake by thinking I could take a swig of it- I had to run to the bathroom and my mouth started to do that thing where it feels numb and you keep producing saliva quickly like you're about to throw up. This must be what lap bankers call "sliming".

Day 2- I got very little actual sleep. I was using 2 regular pillows and had SUCH a hard time getting up from bed. I felt like a turtle that landed upside down on its shell. Literally. This is when I grabbed my bed rest pillow I paid $19.99 for at Target, and let me tell you, I would now have paid $100.00 -it's been THAT good to me and SO much easier to get up and actually get some sleep. During day 2 I thought I would be starving. I was wrong. I tried watered down Gatorade, too sweet. I tried low sodium chicken broth and BINGO, hit the spot! You can really only drink about 1/4 maybe 1/3 of a cup at each sitting, sipping, and it will take about 15 min to finish. I took my meds, took a gas x strip (which i highly reccommend every 4-6 hours) went back to bed, and when I woke up I felt I should be hungry, but wasn't. I tried the chicken broth again, only this time I got too cocky and sipped it way too fast. Here we go again, "slime" #2. At this point I discovered that I really do need to completely learn how to drink (and in the future eat) again.

Day 3- I got much more rest tonight, about 9 broken hours. I woke up in the middle of the night to take my gas x, meds, and walk around the house. My stomach started to grumble today... I was finally feeling hungry! I got about a heaping table spoon of Jello and took a baby spoon, cut it in tiny pieces, mashed it up in my mouth, and swallowed! Yes!!! I did it! That heaping tablespoon (along with my ongoing sipping of water) tied me over for a good 5 hours. I watched tv, walked a little, took a nap, then had more chicken broth. Today I started to think about food again (although I felt turned off by actually eating it) so I logged online and found recipes for low carb and high Protein foods (pinterest was great for this) my tummy is now rumbling again and I think I will try another heaping tablespoon of jello. I've got to say, I thought I would be starved right now. The liquid stage sounds SO unbearable, but it really isn't. I had a super big appetite before and never felt full no matter how much I ate. It's kinda nice to be on the other side and think "ooh... am I hungry? Am I finally hungry?" :D

Thanks for sharing the details it's what I really want to know at this point.

I haven't got a surgery date yet but hoping for the sooner the better.

Please keep posting I would like to follow your progress.

This prepares me for my own surgery. :)

I'm about to take my first shower since being banded. I feel gross going without one for this long, but it's what my doctor recommended. I bought waterproof bandages so I will have no worries getting the sites wet. All of my bandages have fell of and he said that was ok and normal, this is more about making me feel comfortable. My tummy bloating is starting to go down, I look about 6 1/2 months pregnant instead of 8. Yay.