Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Months Banded And No Weight Loss

Soooo frustrating! Seriously, not a single pound. Not strict on counting calories. I manage to do that about 3 days a week. The problem is that I don't feel full or satisfied... I have 7cc in my 11cc JJ band. When is it that restriction will kick in??? I can feel it after about 1.5 cups of food but it's gone from the pouch not long after my meal and i'm hungry again. Maybe I need another fill already?

Changes i've made: avoiding soft foods and dips in general, there are too many calories. Skipping Breakfast at 6 or 7 am because i'm just not hungry, so why eat. I eat at 9 or 10 instead and it's a Protein. dinner is half a plate of meat, carb, and veggie, and half the plate is vegetable so I keep it all in proportion to that.

Now that i write this maybe it's what i'm drinking that is getting in extra calories. Ugh, what a process. But I do wonder if I need another fill if I can eat nearly 1.5 cups of food in one sitting? Or am I going to wake up one miraculous day and I get restriction?

I'm struggling with the learning curve...

Laurel

try and keep a record of everything that goes in to your mouth

liguids pass through very easy and your still hungry

they have been a problem for me to

very hard to break the coffee and juice haibt

the learning curve is difficult but think of the long term bennefits

its a marathon not a sprint

Have your dr. check to make sure you don't have a leak.

I had something similar to that and when it was fixed, I noticed a huge difference.

Let us know.

I'm sorry you're frustrated.

I know this won't be easy, but you need to stick to a cup or less of food per meal, regardless of whether or not you're still hungry or can physically eat more. Not only is it important for calorie control but especially important so you don't stretch your pouch.

If I were in your place, I'd start counting calories. You might be surprised how much you're really consuming. Most people who don't count calories and struggle with weight loss have a "holy cow, I eat that much?" moment when they start. food can be really deceptive. A good example: I went to a restaurant and was going to have an open faced tuna sandwich on half an English muffin. I figured that would be my best bet, right? Wrong! It was like 700 calories because of how the tuna was prepared, and ironically, a child size cheeseburger had almost half the calories and was a better choice. If I wasn't counting calories and didn't check it before ordering, I'd have ordered the tuna not realizing what a horrible choice it was.

I have used an app called Lose It! since the day I got home from the hospital. I truly believe I owe a lot of my weight loss success to it because it's kept me accountable.

Best wishes to you.

Do you keep a measuring cup in your bag? A lot of the eating is done away from the house.

Do you keep a measuring cup in your bag? A lot of the eating is done away from the house.

You're going to laugh but when I was first banded, yes, I did. Now, after 9 months of eating cup sized meals, I am pretty good at eyeballing it so I don't measure when out. However, I do still measure at home.

I also found many restaurants have their nutritional data, including serving size, on their websites.

If you are drinking your calories then you need to stop now. You should stick to Water, tea without sugar and other low calorie drinks. liquid calories are a complete waste, they don't satisfy you and they go down quickly and easily.

You are right about the food going from your pouch quickly after your meal. Apparently that is what happens, it does not sit around there for 20 min or longer like we were previously told. But if you eat foods that are the right consistency then it should stimulate the vagus nerve receptors and that helps to give you the satisfied signal.

I'll toss a measuring cup in my bag then. I really don't want to cause problems for myself later on. And yeah, I'll have to quit with the drinks with calories. I was a diet soda drinker, hard core, and can't have the carbonation now.... This has been a struggle. I also don't drink fruit juices. BUT i did find that sweet tea really quenched the thirst this summer. I'll switch that to the non-sweetened version because I do like the tea. Just can't stand Water. Crystal light is okay - I'll get more of that

I'll toss a measuring cup in my bag then. I really don't want to cause problems for myself later on. And yeah, I'll have to quit with the drinks with calories. I was a diet soda drinker, hard core, and can't have the carbonation now.... This has been a struggle. I also don't drink fruit juices. BUT i did find that sweet tea really quenched the thirst this summer. I'll switch that to the non-sweetened version because I do like the tea. Just can't stand Water. Crystal light is okay - I'll get more of that

Try Lipton Diet Iced Green Tea. It comes in many flavors, I love the citrus, raspberry, and mixed berry flavors. It's zero calories, no carbonation. If you like sweet tea, you might really like it.

What is your definition of restriction? I only gauge myself on if I'm hungry or not, not if I'm full. If I finish a meal and still feel physically hungry, then I will wait awhile and have a small snack (light string cheese, turkey jerky).

G2K on the measuring cups!

My definition of restriction is I feel satisfied, not hungry, and i'm not hungry for several hours. But this is not what is happening, i'm not in the green zone.

G2K on the measuring cups!

My definition of restriction is I feel satisfied, not hungry, and i'm not hungry for several hours. But this is not what is happening, i'm not in the green zone.

No it doesn't sound like you are. You should be able to go a minimum of 4 hours without hunger.

It will come, it just takes most people a little time and multiple fills.

re: "My definition of restriction is I feel satisfied, not hungry, and i'm not hungry for several hours. But this is not what is happening, i'm not in the green zone."

This is a crucial issue for all of us. For myself, suddenly discovering the difference between 'hungry/NOT hungry' led to a better realization of what 'satiety' was for me.

I learned that often times after a mere bite or 2 or 3, my hunger had abated. That led to discovery that much of my eating had been based on what I call 'sport-eating'.....where hunger really had nothing to do with it.

IMHO there are many ways we confront the Belly Beast. After all, those forces of whatever origin, have control most of us for decades.

Chewing ice gave a certain satisfaction at times. And oddly, just drinking plain Water also gave the illusion of being 'not hungry'. I had to learn new ways to stop eating when 'not hungry', and to train myself to eat only to gain 'satiety'.

Others find their own way.

Even now 8 years postOp, at times I suddenly discover the old Bad Habits of eating are starting to change my intention to only eat with the guidelines the Rational Brain has developed.

Always, I found that a drink of Water and getting busy doing something besides eating or wishing I was eating, helped for perhaps hours. Another important trick for me, was to establish *mealtime* as opposed to 'eating time'.....as a serial grazer it was/is far too easy to nibble through the day.

Good luck, let us know of your progress!