Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on Wed came out of the anesthetic well had a lot of gas pain the first couple days I slept in a sitting position for the first couple days because laying down flat was to uncomfortable last night was the first time I slept laying down and I slept well ...now I just can't wait to sleep on my side again I'm still not ready for that...

Congrats everyone!!! What an exciting journey we r all on!!!! :)

I too had surgery Friday, and yesterday wasnt very good for me. However, today is much better! I got some gasX, walked around, and took a shower. How are you feeling?

I'm much better today is Sunday evening last night was the first time I was able to sleep laying down which was nice. I find I still have a lot of pain when walking in my stomach but I just take its slow. The gas pains are gone thank god!!! And yesterday was my last day I took the codeine so that's a good thing!! All in all I think everyday gets better so hang in there and walk that really helps the gas also I found a heating pad was a life saver for me!! I just got back home after being away for a week to have my surgery so after 2 long days of traveling I work tomorrow we will see how that goes:)

Day 3 not so awesome. I've had nausea for the first time today and a horrible pressure in my sternum. Like I can feel the band restricting or spasm, not fun :(

Day 3 not so awesome. I've had nausea for the first time today and a horrible pressure in my sternum. Like I can feel the band restricting or spasm, not fun :(

Boil ginger in Water and drink the ginger water it will help alleviate nausea!

Day three for was horrible as well....I think I over did it....I started experiencing shortness of breath and had to take deep breaths to get oxygen in.....I just got home from in the emerge, .got an X-ray, ct scan, ECG blood work and thank the LORD all was ok....they sent me home 12hrs later on bed rest.....man it was not a good experience not being able to breath.....But I love my medical team...the nurses and surgeons kept calling me throughout the day to see if I was ok...they were so supportive, I truly appreciate their gestures....I'm glad I chose that clinic......

Oh girls! Im sorry your day three was worse. I had bad gas pains, that woke me up during the night but, it ok today. I finally went to the bathroom (TMI I know)

Day three for was horrible as well....I think I over did it....I started experiencing shortness of breath and had to take deep breaths to get oxygen in.....I just got home from in the emerge' date=' .got an X-ray, ct scan, ECG blood work and thank the LORD all was ok....they sent me home 12hrs later on bed rest.....man it was not a good experience not being able to breath.....But I love my medical team...the nurses and surgeons kept calling me throughout the day to see if I was ok...they were so supportive, I truly appreciate their gestures....I'm glad I chose that clinic......[/quote']

I'm so glad your ok!!! We were all pretty worried!!!

I'm so glad your ok!!! We were all pretty worried!!!

thank you I appreciate it....but i'm ok as long as i'm resting...but it was scary...

I'm glad you're doing better Nurselydsss !

Day 4 has started out a little better for me .....fingers crossed. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Post Surgery Day 4 - Today - I worked 1/2 day and was exhausted. Although I an using my incentive spirometer, I am coughing like crazy, wheezing, and my lungs hurt when I breathe. I called my doctor's office who referred me to my PCP who happens to be out of town for the rest of the week. I ended up at the Quickcare and after a chest x-ray was told everything was clear and to go home and rest. So far, this has not been a productive medical procedure. I haven't lost an once, I feel like I've been beat in my chest and stomach region and I still do not feel like myself.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I think we have to remember its only day 4 ! I know it's hard to see the bigger picture when you're not feeling well, but it will get better. My band is spasming so bad I've called the Dr twice ! I've heard of a lot of post op discomforts, but not this one during my research..... it hurts like hell !! They finally called me in a stronger nausea med because the spasms are making me heave, so I'm gonna trust them and be hopeful. Keep your head up I BELIEVE it WILL get better for all of us :)

I was banded 13 days ago. My worse days 3-5. After that it was an incredible difference. For anyone getting banded, before u leave the hospital have them put a nausea patch behind your ear. It will help the first few days.