Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh and to answer your question, I wasn't hungry or thirsty for about 3 days post op. but don't worry it coming :/

Wow u were rude.

Sojo wasn't being rude. If you notice by her name she is a Lap Band Master also. Sometimes we are dumbfounded that people have Lap Band surgery and instead of getting the info they need from their surgical team, they get it on line. You can't believe everything you read on line. You pay your Dr. big bucks to take care of you, but you ask God knows who what you should do.

Sojo said "you have a lot to learn" and that was her honest opinion. For all we know you could be a 14yo boy just messing with us, and if your not you really want to know what Sojo can teach you.

I wish you well on your journey

Being a 'Lap Band Master' only summarizes the amount of posts you've made and not your actual knowledge level on the subject.

My opinion is that your surgeon advanced you to real foods quickly, but if you're following orders then you should be fine.

The reason most surgeons require a 2 week post op full liquid diet is so the stomach does not churn as it would when you consume actual food. Churning can cause popped sutures and incorrect band settling.

Just make sure to follow YOUR Dr's orders.

Being a 'Lap Band Master' only summarizes the amount of posts you've made and not your actual knowledge level on the subject.

My opinion is that your surgeon advanced you to real foods quickly' date=' but if you're following orders then you should be fine.

The reason most surgeons require a 2 week post op full liquid diet is so the stomach does not churn as it would when you consume actual food. Churning can cause popped sutures and incorrect band settling.

Just make sure to follow YOUR Dr's orders.[/quote']

I was just about to ask what a Lap Band Master was - thanks for reading my mind

It is possible that this thread was started by someone that wanted to see what sort of reaction/controversy they could create.

If that is so then they probably had a good laugh.

If the post was genuine then it seems that some Dr's post op instructions have a lot missing.

So nomorebigbaby if you are genuine please share with us what instructions your Dr gave you or if you don't want to start a thread pm one of us and we will try our best to help.

Hi. My post, words questions and thoughts were real? I went to classes that gave instructions and I have a school notebook filled with papers on what to do. We were told not to necessarily follow it word by word but to listen to our bodies....... I'm on liquid diet. Sip, drink eating which each term the same I was getting at hospital. broth, Jello, l uigi Italian ice, coffee or tea depending if it was lunch or Breakfast. Of course I'm not able or have consume all of that at one time. My original question was I'm don't feel hungry or feeling full when I consume something is that normal?

We were taught to pay attention to our bodies and to stop eating when we weren't hungry any more instead of the feeling of omg I'm about to burst. Weve been warned about throwing up which I'm terrified of and don't want to experience. I hate it. So I haven't pushed my self. I was asking other people who are in my shoes who knows the feeling. Obviously every body is different. Some of you been on liquids for 1 week or even 2. Some of yall couldn't really move about. I'm seriously considering doing the heart walk this morning in my city. I'm not in any pain. Very slight soreness.

Me looking up information online at midnight I found this information on this app. I found you people...

I haven't felt any restrictions or anything at all except the feeling of being content no being hungry on the liquid diet so I tried tuna. I ate it maybe half of a scoop of subway tuna in the same time frame my friend ate a footlong sandwich. I didn't feel any pain issue at all. Later in the evening I tried publix egg salad. It's very thin. Maybe a spoonful amount. No problems.

Today I know will be the worst day since the surgery and that is because my cycle has started. Ugh mother nature is so much meaner than a plastic band. Lol

post-205311-13813134337989_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]24767[/ATTACH]

post-205311-13813134337989_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]24767[/ATTACH]

Baby bowls of broth ready to grab whenever. I bought the Roman noodles to add the some of the chicken seasoning to the broth. Didn't take much and made a big difference in taste.

post-343832-13813140346335_thumb.png

Yes you need to stop eating when you are no longer hungry not when you are stuffed. Vomiting is not good for you and can cause issues but so can eating ahead of your postop plan. It doesn't matter if you feel that you can eat more at this point you shouldn't. I am sure I could have eaten anything a couple of days after surgery but didn't as it was important to follow instructions. The post op diet is designed to maximise your healing and to help your band settle into place. Don't start eating solid foods sooner than you should as you could cause problems for yourself that may only become apparent in the future.

Yes you need to stop eating when you are no longer hungry not when you are stuffed. Vomiting is not good for you and can cause issues but so can eating ahead of your postop plan. It doesn't matter if you feel that you can eat more at this point you shouldn't. I am sure I could have eaten anything a couple of days after surgery but didn't as it was important to follow instructions. The post op diet is designed to maximise your healing and to help your band settle into place. Don't start eating solid foods sooner than you should as you could cause problems for yourself that may only become apparent in the future.

I haven't felt hungry yet.

My opinion is that your surgeon advanced you to real foods quickly' date=' but if you're following orders then you should be fine.

Just make sure to follow YOUR Dr's orders.[/quote']

"Lap Band Master " we know that, just trying to slip up an unreal poster. You ratted us out : (

seriously,

if you dont eat....you will be hungry (and you are not hungry now because (if its true that you had surgery 5 days ago)

you are most likely still swollen from the procedure you just had performed. i wasn t hungry for a few days and then as i healed, i started getting hungry.

i agree with poster suggesting to make your own food because its cheaper and you control what ingredients are in there but i will still say that you are eating way way too early in my opinion. but that is between you and your doctor.

sojo, mad and elce and patty and nw and ajtx and myself are just trying to help/understand.

your profile is not filled out and you are saying things that are strange for someone who went through all the pre and post ops and meeting wth dr's and nutritionists (eating food 3 days out, drinkng with straw...) so that is why i find this thread (interesting)

anyhow, all the best

remember its up to you to make yourself well

not just the band. its just plastic.

My husband complains that I burp and fart way more than I ever did before my band...guess I'm not a princess.

since i am a princess, i will say you can be a texas princess too :)

it cant all be about me...just saying.....

Hi. My post' date=' words questions and thoughts were real? I went to classes that gave instructions and I have a school notebook filled with papers on what to do. We were told not to necessarily follow it word by word but to listen to our bodies....... I'm on liquid diet. Sip, drink eating which each term the same I was getting at hospital. broth, Jello, l uigi Italian ice, coffee or tea depending if it was lunch or Breakfast. Of course I'm not able or have consume all of that at one time. My original question was I'm don't feel hungry or feeling full when I consume something is that normal?

We were taught to pay attention to our bodies and to stop eating when we weren't hungry any more instead of the feeling of omg I'm about to burst. Weve been warned about throwing up which I'm terrified of and don't want to experience. I hate it. So I haven't pushed my self. I was asking other people who are in my shoes who knows the feeling. Obviously every body is different. Some of you been on liquids for 1 week or even 2. Some of yall couldn't really move about. I'm seriously considering doing the heart walk this morning in my city. I'm not in any pain. Very slight soreness.

Me looking up information online at midnight I found this information on this app. I found you people...

I haven't felt any restrictions or anything at all except the feeling of being content no being hungry on the liquid diet so I tried tuna. I ate it maybe half of a scoop of subway tuna in the same time frame my friend ate a footlong sandwich. I didn't feel any pain issue at all. Later in the evening I tried publix egg salad. It's very thin. Maybe a spoonful amount. No problems.

Today I know will be the worst day since the surgery and that is because my cycle has started. Ugh mother nature is so much meaner than a plastic band. Lol[/quote']

I think I would check with surgeon too about doing " the heart walk" today. You're only 6 days out from surgery. IMO

i guess if you can (walk) do and go slow

i read alot on here about people picking up where they left off

Thank u all for advice. We have peer meeting here I'm going to attend once I get the schedule. So this helped since it was after hours for me.

I didn't do heart walk. Granny Dottie is visiting and she is very mean to me. I can't do much when she is around so I got back in bed after sipping. She is tougher than the surgery lol. Thanks again.