Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

Marcy, I was banded on the 4 th of May. I wanted to let you know that there is some pain. The worse for me is the gas:faint: . They will fill your stomach with gas to do the surgery. It has to release and has a tendencies to hide under the rib cage which is painful. I have been using Gas X and it does help. Other than that pain I have one port area that is sore. I do have to sleep on my back and I am a side sleeper. But its getting better. I am doing things today such as laundry, made dinner for the family and went for walks out side. ( Walking will help with the gas.) I'm hoping by Sunday I will be done with the gas pains and be able to host Mothers day lunch at my home. Good luck on you band journey, DeAnn

I will be banded hopefully on the 11th my approval letter came in today and that is all that they were waiting for I am really nervous not about the surgury but about the pain

Michelle,

Everyone is different of course, and I generally have a very high tolerance for pain, but i want to share with you that my pain has been ubelievably minimal! I can feel a tug at my port site when I roll over, or move too fast.

The only other pain i've had is that dang pinched nerve in my neck...but a massage therapist got rid of 70% of that in 30 minutes! Woo Hoo Massage Therapists!!!

I just want to encourage you to take the anti-anxiety med they might offer pre-op, and let your life rest in the mighty hands of the anesthesiologist!! (I should've maried one of them!) Your pain after shouldn't take too long to leave, and in the end...it's way better than the pain we've all experienced in our back, legs, hips, knees, and feet.

Kudos to you!!! Hang in there~you'll do great!!

Hi All...

Went to my pre-op this afternoon and my surgeon's nurse informed me that my surgery has been moved up one day to the 15th. I am excited...so far I've lost 15 pounds on the pre-op diet and feel hopeful that I'll make my goal of 20 lost before surgery. Seems like I'm feeling a zillion different emotions every five seconds. Sometimes totally positive...other times thinking I'm gonna buy the farm on the operating table. Anyone relate? It is great to hear from those early May bansters and I am eager to join the ranks. Thank you all for being here.

Pat

Hey Pat!!!

Thought I'd threadstalk ya and say woohooo!!! on the date for banding.

Sunny

I' being banded tomorrow. Tonight I'm having my last supper at Red Robin. A big juicy hamburger. My doc doesn't require any special diet prior to surgery, so I 'm goin for it :biggrin1: I think I'm gonna have a beer, too.

I'll see you all on the other side! :)

:spider: Hey Murphles ~ Didn't mean to forget you...I guess we missed the date.....sorry. Looks like Myra has now got you covered. :biggrin1:

HUGE welcome to MarcyD & michelletur !! :welcome: Michelletur ~ We'll be pulling for you on the May 11th date. :clap2:

Magic Bullet?? Thanks for the link to E-Bay. That looks really neat. May have to add one of those to my "want list". :typing:

DeAnn ~ What kind of gas strip are you using? I know they came out this the strip and I was wondering what you or anyone would recommend? Does the gas improve everyday? :)

Hooray! I was able to move my dates up - surgery is on 5/22 in Orange (will y'all add me to the list of dates and prayers?)

Sorry the screen name is hard to catch (pronounced "Mediator") -- you all are so encouraging. This is really such a good thing, this board.

Stitchy, I'm with you...no pre-op diet is being required by my doctor, so I'm finding myself "enjoying" all things...knowing that the chips, guacomole and Coronas shall be somewhat a thing of the past... Funny thing the other day (I have beer about once in a blue moon) but as I was enjoying one of those Coronas, I noticed it was a Corona "Light". Now how silly is that, with the band in sight? I give that a big "why bother!"

Hope you enjoyed your Red Robin burger Stitchy...but know you'll enjoy your new lean-mean-weight free body more!

Blessings,

Meedy8r

Good luck today to our May 9 Bandsters!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

GO>>>Seminole, Marianne TN, Stitchy, dawner119!!!!!!

Thinking of you today!

I was so happy to see my name in the "good luck today" post above, thank you! It is around 8:30a.m. and I am waiting for an 11:00 a.m. surgery, time is passing so slowly..... I want to get this show on the road already - not to mention I AM HUNGRY and I can´t eat anything pre-op!!! :faint:

You'll make it Dawn, and then you won't be hungry for awhile. Hang in there! You can do it! Let the transformation begin!!!!!!!!

Hey Sem~

I was banded on May 3, and am doing great. I was told to walk, walk, walk! It helps with the gas problem, so I did. I picked blackberries the day after my surgery, and naturally got a little sore from the bending and reaching, but other than that, things are great. I met with the coordinator on April 19 and my weight that day was 250. I went to my first suppoort meeting last night where they weighed us in, and I had lost 20 pounds. I was so excited! I am still in the liquid stage, but am doing fine. I don't want to take any chances on slippage or anything, so I am following the plan to the letter! I have really been surprised how easy it is though. Good luck to every other Mayer out there!!

Judy Ann

Yeah Jean, those appointments at cedar's are non productive, unless your all out of pain medicine, then have them write you a new prescription. They really need to get better about that wait time in the lobby, and they need to do better about returning phone calls. I switched insurances to have this surgery covered at cedars, but I'm going to go back to Kaiser, they're customer service is much better.

They give you anthesia:D , and your lucky Dr. Khalili has a lot of experience, it took Dr.nisha 25 minutes to do my fill, he couldn't find my port, (or my stomach is just too big.) the radiologist had to take pictures of it 6 times. They have you lie on this hydraulic table and bring you up and down, by the time we were finished my hair was so tossled, my pony tail fell off ( I wear different ponytails, all the time) I was so:faint: embarrased , I politely picked up my hair, and got out of there. Thought I'd share that with anyone who needs a laugh, can you see the visual :help: of the doctor and radiologist about to reach to pick up my hair piece, and then realizing what it was and changing there mind.... priceless. So sleepy when you go in for your fill, and when your on that table, think of this and laugh:biggrin1:

Sounds like evryone is doing great!

I got my stitches out this afternoon. That felt great. Sounds weird dosen't it? I have officially lost 18 pounds since last Tuesday! Woohoo! My doc says everything looks great and surgery went really well. I made an appointmnet to see him in 3 weeks for my first fill. Until then he said I can eat what I want (within reason) as long as I chew well and go slow and don't get sick to my stomach. I am really happy with my choice of doc. He is so kind and I truly feel that he is in it to help people like me. I really feel like this was the best decision I have made in my life!

Hope everyone that got banded today is doing well! Update us when you can!

Peace.