Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gain During Pregnancy With Lap Band

Hi Everyone -

My husband and I are going to try to conceive soon. I'm curious as to how much weight those with a lap band gained during their pregnancy (or lost as I've heard that happens for some). Also, can you let me know if you had to have any Fluid taken out of your band? Thanks so much!

I Am currently 9 weeks and haven't gained anything. And my band is completle emtpy right now so I could literally eat whatever I want (tryin to stay healthy tho) but no haven't gained anything so far.

I was preggo before with 7cc in my band didn't take any out. As long as you can eat all your protien and other healthy things such as fresh veggies and fruits and are staying hydrated your doc will most likley tell you that you do not need to remove any Fluid. Always good to ask tho.

I unexpectedly became pregnant 4 months after I got banded. I gained back the weight I had lost plus 10 (50 total). I lost 80 after baby #1 and then got pregnant again. I only gained 20 with her and am working to take it off. So, it's kind of unpredictable. Both times my band was completely unfilled because of heavy morning sickness.

I got pregnant 4 months after getting my band. I had lost 80 pounds at that point and ended up gaining 30 pounds. I had 1/2 my Fluid removed at 15 weeks due to not being able to get anything in.

I got pregnant 2 months after getting banded. The only Fluid in my band was what it was put in with. I always had good restriction with it. I lost 30lbs. Iam 12 weeks now and I fluctuate between 0 to 1 lb weight gain. The last thing I want to eat is lab band friendly food. My stomach just don't want it. It wants Pasta and Bagels and that stuff is making me very full and sick after 3 or 4 bites and I ended up vomiting. It's not ideal but that's my story. I'm hoping now that the 1st trimester is coming to an end j can get back to my normal eating

I just had my baby in June. i had most of my Fluid removed. prepregnancy I was 135 lbs. i got up to 210. right now am 179. i get my first adjustment since having her in 2 weeks...i cant wait. Hope the wait comes off just as easy as it did the first time around...

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant with very little morning sickness. I didn't have much sickness with my first child either, however, I am already having some port pain. Anyone else experience this as early as I am?

I'm 12 weeks and I haven't had any port pain

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant with very little morning sickness. I didn't have much sickness with my first child either' date=' however, I am already having some port pain. Anyone else experience this as early as I am?[/quote']

Are you sleeping in a diffrent position then before you found out you were pregnant?

Not really, but I definitely can't get comfortable anymore. Tossing and turning!

I asked because one night I tried sleeping on my left side and I slept to far to the left and woke up with a cramp in my port because I was smashing it.

I gained a total of 30lbs and 2 weeks after delivery I was at pre pregnancy weight. At 5 weeks postpartum I at down an additional 10lbs. I gained most of it in the last 5 weeks. First trimester I gained 1lbs second tri a of 15 and 15 more the last 5 weeks. The last 2 weeks I was pretty swollen, not bad swollen but until then I had no swelling at all. I had a big baby (like is daddy) and the rest was blood and placenta. Dont worry. If your healthy 30lbs will fall right off.

Oh and port pain, I felt twinges about 26 weeks and starting about 33 weeks I couldnt put pressure on it. Like leaning to the side on the couch was sore. Sometimes it was uncomfortable and once I was at the end everything was sore. The second he was born I havent felt it again.

When I got pregnant back in 09 I had all of my fluids removed and gained 60 of the 100 that I had lost. But alot of that is because I was in the hospital on bed rest for 3 weeks with a IV in my arm. It took me about 1yr to lose the weight back plus I lost an additional 20. My hormones were so messed up with all the meds I was given to stop my preterm labor.