Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It Does Get Better!

I Got my band on 9-6. I must say I've been having a LOT of thoughts of what the &$@? Did I do? But after some soul searching I think this is because I am really so very sick of this liquid diet! It's been almost a month now on this diet and I have been so so very good, I only strayed once (three pizza rolls). I have friends that were at McDonalds two days after they got thier band. (that's no lie) I have my follow up this Tuesday, and I am looking so forward to being upgraded from liquids! So anybody who is having a hard time with this part of your journey hang in there! If this was easy none of us would be here, and I'm pretty proud of myself how strong I've been so far! :-)

I've been struggling too! Banded on 9/10. Weight is falling off of me this week - so why am I not happier? Almost depressed? Could be the anesthesia. Could be the lack of carbs (I'm so focused on getting the Protein in - I don't want to lose any hair!) I've really doubted my choice this week. I haven't even been in that much pain!

But I know that I was never able to lose a significant amount of weight and keep it off before. Multiple doctors recommended this for me. I'm young (relatively - 37 :)) and still very healthy. If I don't deal with this now, my health WILL suffer later. Loose skin is my problem now? I'll take it over diabetes and heart disease anyday.

For my daughter, For my health. That's my mantra. Can't wait for mushies!

I Got my band on 9-6. I must say I've been having a LOT of thoughts of what the &@? Did I do? But after some soul searching I think this is because I am really so very sick of this liquid diet! It's been almost a month now on this diet and I have been so so very good' date=' I only strayed once (three pizza rolls). I have friends that were at McDonalds two days after they got thier band. (that's no lie) I have my follow up this Tuesday, and I am looking so forward to being upgraded from liquids! So anybody who is having a hard time with this part of your journey hang in there! If this was easy none of us would be here, and I'm pretty proud of myself how strong I've been so far! :-)[/quote']

I got my band the same day and the first few days I thought the same exact thing. my hunger came back two days after surgery and this liquid diet just is not cutting it ! all I wanted was to stuff my face with some "good" food but then I had my first check up. down 11 lbs I had to double look at the scale and 4.5 lbs of that was fat ! That right there made me realize that this is the right choice and I'm determined to continue this journey. I started mushys after my dr appointment and I am becoming more aware of if I'm really hungry or Just head hungry. The mushys really does keep me full for about 3-4 hours so your right it does get better. Maybe I'm still swollen that's why the food is sticking longer. I don't know but hey I'm lovin it ! WE ALL CAN DO THIS !!!

Starting weight: 264.5 Current weight 252.6 Goal weight 160

Thankful for this site!! Banded on 9/10/12 excited but sucks not bring able to eat. It seems like everything evolves around food. I didnt realize how many food commercials there were until now. Glad to be avle to vent and not be judged or criticized. This is a life change!!

That is good to hear. Banded 9-10 and I'm "done "with Protein Shakes. I need to remember that soon this phase of the process will just be a glimmer of whole amazing journey. I'm down 7lbs since surgery and 24 since the start of this journey. I want to embrace this with joy, but am I the only one who is reluctant to do so?

Venting is as good as eating a slice of cake!!

I was also banded on 9/10 and although I don't regret doing this for one minute, this week has been very challenging. It almost impossible to look on the bright side of anything when you are suffering and in pain.

I am tying to have a "this too shall pass" mentality even though today was just a horrible day where I really struggled emotionally :( I know it's to be expected.

Thankful for this site!! Banded on 9/10/12 excited but sucks not bring able to eat. It seems like everything evolves around food. I didnt realize how many food commercials there were until now. Glad to be avle to vent and not be judged or criticized. This is a life change!!

I felt the same way about food commercials when I was on my liquid diet!! I don't watch TV much, but it seems like I caught every food commercial!

Hi everyone! I was banded on 8/29 so it's been 2 1/2 weeks for me. I had the WORST buyers remorse during the first 5 days! Thought about what the heck I did to myself - and cried pitiful tears... kandikay76 has it right - it gets much better! I am on mushies now and feel like my old self again. I have no doubt that this was the right thing for me, My weight has been coming off - but more importantly, my clothes are getting baggy! It's crazy!

If you're still in the struggling stage - hang in there!! I know it feels like forever, but it's such a short time in the grand scheme of things. Feeling better is just a couple of days away! :rolleyes:

I was also banded on 9/10 and although I don't regret doing this for one minute, this week has been very challenging. It almost impossible to look on the bright side of anything when you are suffering and in pain.

I am tying to have a "this too shall pass" mentality even though today was just a horrible day where I really struggled emotionally :( I know it's to be expected.

i am right there with ya..... and my head swims with the idea of "what if i will always feel this way... emotionally, and physically?"

today for some reason i feel a tad better and almost see a light at the end of the tunnel! id love to encourage each other here since we are band date twins :)

how are you feeling today?

Banded with plication on 8/10. I wouldn't change it for the world! I have learned to listen to my body. No stuck episodes or throwing up. I know for me this has been a wonderful tool that I have needed for a long time. I can eat pretty much anything except bread, Pasta, rice, and sugar(my choice). I miss the bread sometimes but I wouldn't trade it for what I feel when I get on the scales. For those struggling, please hang in there it will get better.

It's very comforting to know that I am not alone in doubting my decision. I'm 4 days post op and just feel drained from the liquid diet. Just this morning I was thinking how much easiery life would be today without the band. But I'm gonna keep on truckin. It's good to hear from u guys that it does get better.

I'm in your boat Miranda! Today I'm thinking, something's got to change. I feel great about my weight loss and doing good with the liquids BUT, I'm not bouncing back as quickly as I expected!! I keep telling myself that it will get better, just a few more days!???‚