Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hearing A Lot About Hair Loss?

I have been reading a lot about people losing hair and that makes me very nervous. I had 2 car accidents in the past and had lots of injections. Due to that my hair started thinning. Now my hair in the front is pretty thin ( thankfully I don't look bald and It's not super noticeable ) but I am very insecure about it. What can I do/take now or after surgery to not lose hair? Thanks in advance!

I have been reading a lot about people losing hair and that makes me very nervous. I had 2 car accidents in the past and had lots of injections. Due to that my hair started thinning. Now my hair in the front is pretty thin ( thankfully I don't look bald and It's not super noticeable ) but I am very insecure about it. What can I do/take now or after surgery to not lose hair? Thanks in advance!

My healthcare provider's advice:

Get at least 60 gms Protein daily

Have Vitamin B levels checked

Have Vitamin D3 levels checked

Have complete thyroid panel done

Gwen in FL

Thank you Gwen. I will ask my Dr if he does that bloodwork after surgery.

I am sad to say that their isn't very much that you can do but wait. Everyone's hair reacts differently, and some people don't lose any. I wasn't one of those people. I eventually had to cut it all off, and just wait for it to grow back. It took about year, but it is coming back thicker than before.

P.S. I lost 70 pounds, and I think the Hair loss was worth it. If I had a chose to do it again, I would.

I am taking 5000mcg of Biotin to try and help but I'm still losing some hair. Not anything drastic, no balding but i can tell a difference in the thickness of my hair. Hoping that as time goes it'll grow back

OMG, I just noticed I am covered with hair on my shirt! I had surgery 5 weeks ago and have lost 26 lbs since starting preop. So, I need Biotin and to increase my Protein?

I have lost almost half of my hair thickness/pony tail bands tell all..since, May banding. All labs were fine. The end of July started Andrew Lessmans healthy hair,skin and nails. I slowed up on the amount of loss within a week, and now i can feel teeny regrowth. I was super shocked by the amount. I wish someone had told me about this prior. I had been taking a very expensive Biotin vit d3 and get B 12 shots monthly (have my whole life) but Not until i added this suppliment has my hair Ever been so healthy. I also take the essential 1, flaxseed oil 2Tbsp. Daily..but the last suppliment i added WORKed! At last. I open (all) capsules into cinn. Applesauce No problems if taken with a meal. Good luck! The sooner you address it the better it will go!

Wow, this makes me so nervous. My hair is thin already! Well, i went out and bought Biotin 10,000mg 1x day. I am getting a lot of Protein in too. Haven't had surgery yet. What is flaxseed oil for? What is essential 1? Just tell me what to take and i will get it all! LOL

Andrew lessman healthy hair, skin and hails 2 per day, Essential 1 (by the same person) HSN or his web ProCaps (i have contacted them about opening these capsules and they assured me it was safe and would not effect the affectiveness) i use Organic Flaxseed (walmart by Vitamin section) for one type of Omega 3s i also use a chewable fish oil omega 3s come from both nuts and fish each having their own benefits, i gradually increased the flaxserd started at a teaspoon am pm, and increased over a week til i was at 1 tablespoon am and 1 tbsp. Pm, dont cook with it, just plain is fine or in a shake oatmeal or whatever (tad bit buttery abit nutty) i honestly did all of these after spending big bucks on a naturpathy md visit. Hope it helps! Regrowth was slow, but i was glad the loss slowed first, then stopped.

Thank you! I will be getting all this stuff. Can i get it all at Walmart? Does any of it taste gross to swallow?