Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for lapband doctor in Canada

I find it hard to look for lapband doctors in canada...I live in fort saint john, British Columbia but doubt that there's any lapband doc there....I could fly over to quebec or vancouver though...Pls assist...I really need to do this,,

Hi, I'm from WA state and was looking into going to Canada instead of Mexico because it is so close. I thought I found one doctor in Vancouver, B.C. but when I called the nurse said she'd been getting tons of calls because the doctors name somehow ended up on a list of lap-band surgeons when he doesn't do bariatric surgery at all (sorry don't remember the name) She only knew of one doctor that had been doing it in Vancouver and he'd had a huge wait list so had post-poned retiring but finally did so. She said their was a surgeon in Victoria, B.C. doing lap-band (sorry again forgot name) but he was getting close to retiring and had a huge wait list that he was considering cutting off because it was like 2 years long. I didn't have any other luck in B.C. but maybe you will plus being in Canada you might be able to find out more than I could. I think Quebec might be a bit better of a chance. I know in WA you can find surgery at the cheapest about $12,000 US dollars. I found that for me going to Mexico was my cheapest alternative. If you want to fly to Europe I recommend Dr. Frering in France. He's $6,700 eurodollars but the eurodollar is even stronger than the US dollar so with airfare and post-op accomadations I couldn't afford to go back to him. He did allow me to bring all the pre-op testing results with me so that I didn't have to pay for that (my insurance would pay for all the tests just not the surgery) I wish I could give you more info. I hope you have better luck in your search than I did.

April

I had my surgery in Quebec city with Dr.Pierre Leclerc.

Here is the number for admissions-I am not sure if there is another number but i am sure you could ask.It might help to have someone who knows how to speak french...

514-890-8144.

This is for the Hospital Hotel-Dieu.

Good Luck!

Do you mind me asking about how much it was for surgery in Quebec and Mississauge, ON? Just wondering what the cost in Canada is. I'd hoped to go to Canada (esp. B.C.) when I first planned to get rebanded but I'm now scheduled for surgery 4/3 in TJ, Mexico at Banajor for $6900 US dollars...not including airfare. It would be nice to have an idea though for when others I know are researching options.

Thanks April

Min was exactly $15 000 CDN dollars. The consult is $200, but they take that off the price of the surgery if you go ahead.

hi i was wondering where is the best place in canada, to get this lap band done? i live in toronto..is any place close to there?

Hi vinnypooh...in downtown Toronto there is the "Toronto Lap Band Centre" (TLBC)...the website is www.tlbc.ca I am getting banded there on 21 Apr and know a few ppl who have also had it there. They are great. Check out the website, it offers a lot of valuable info. Good luck!