Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SCREAMING in FRUSTRATION

I am posting this on this thread because it encapsulates my experience with lapbanding so far.

Well tomorrow is the day. I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 to check in for a 10:00 daysurgery.

Today I am cooking chicken spaghetti, chili Beans, vegetable stew and taco meat for beef and bean nachos so the family will have something to eat while I am in early recovery mode. Bought a three cd civil war movie so my DD and DH can have a movie night tomorrow night while I am probably sleeping.

Cleaned house like mad and watered the yard. Washing my bed linens so I will have clean ones.

Did all my grocery shopping yesterday and will pay all the bills with online banking in the morning before going to the hospital.

Have gone over all my post surgery supplies and have everything I THINK I need.

All I have left to do is my evening ablutions and get a good nights sleep.

I am not nervous, anxious, scared or anything like that. I feel strangely calm and collected. I am just ready to begin the rest of my life. I look forward to a healthier me. A better wife for my husband and a better mother for my daughter.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and support on this journey.

Myra

I hope your hubby or someone (if you aren't able) will let us know when you get home tomorrow and how you are doing! I will be praying for you! You are on your way to a new life! Yaaaaaay!:clap2: :clap2:

Hey Myra ~ YOU'VE BEEN BANDED!!!! :high5: You are in my thoughts & prayers!! You have been such a great source of information and comfort for me. I know you doing well right now and probably sleeping. :notagree

I went for all my pre-op tests today and was very calm and walked all over the hospital as I was there most of the day.....it felt comfortable being there. How weird is that?

You are such a blessing and I'm looking forward to hearing all the details about your experience. Like they always say, SIP, SIP, SIP. Take care my friend. :hug:

I'm such a goober!! I had to get up at 6:30AM today, wait Thurs since it's now Fri, and I don't do mornings. I slept in a hotel to make it to the hospital for pre-op tests at 7:45AM (it's a 3 hr drive from my home) and I got mixed up Myra....sorry!! :phanvan My thoughts don't change, only the date. :D

Well my insurance company sent a LETTER to my surgeon requesting the facility that would be used for my banding. Why this was not in the second original letter of PreD I don't know (first letter/packet was sucked into a cosmic black hole and never seen again). So I guess this will now be the third attempt to present the letter of Pred? But in this day of advanced technology they sent it by POSTAL SERVICE instead of a FAX or EMAIL. They WILL NOT take the information from me only from my surgeon. I have HCA UHC!!!!!!!!! MY husband works for the HOSPITAL. It is part of our insurance contract that to be covered by insurance it has to be done at an HCA facility. The surgeon's office is IN THE HCA facility for crying out loud. Why would I submit for insurance coverage and then go ANYPLACE ELSE where it wouldn't be covered by insurance.

I can do this. Just take a deep breath. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. M:pout:

Ok this is an older post but it just SCREAMED to me!!! I am going thru the same darn thing with UHC. The Nurse has faxed over my paperwork FOUR times and FOUR times they can't seem to find it.

I end up disolving in tears when I try to follow up.....So Dr. Hung's wonderful Nurse Lisa has run the gamut for me. She got direct number of someone at UHC and called him everday for SEVEN days.

This guy was so tired of her calling I think he personally went around looking for my paperwork. And Voila!!! The EIGHTH time did the trick. I'm in the system.

Now I just have to wait for approval, and I think Mr. UHC is going to push for that so the Nurse doesn't pay him a visit lol

Dr. Hung's Nurse says she runs into this ALOT with UHC, so if anyone out there has their POS in the Nebraska area.....Keep plugging and don't let them push you around. And by all means utilize the Dr.'s staff, I have found they are usually the best resource to getting these kind of snaffu's straighted out for you.

Ok that's my o2 cents lol

SunnyDee you are absolutely right that this is an ongoing and continuous problem with UHC. You can tell from the length of time in my posts that it finally got worked out. Had my surgery 5/19. But it was a real test of my patience before that. Don't let them tell you not to call either. I called DAILY for several months just trying to make sure they had the info needed. If I had not there is no telling how long it would have taken for me to find out that they never *received* it. Once they had all the info I had an answer within 48 hours. It was just making sure they got what they needed that was so frustrating. I feel your pain. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Myra

Myra

Thanks for your words......yeah I plan on calling them every day now that I know they have the paperwork.

I was disolving into tears over the run around I was getting, but I tell ya Dr. Hung's nurse Lisa is a gem and really pushed them till they had to fess up they had it.

I'm hoping for June......I need to go semi liquid, the past 3 weeks I've been stressed over this and gained 8 lbs. sheesh

But I'm getting back in gear and walking again and not giving into the frustration like I have the past couple of weeks.

I'll outwit them no matter what lol.....

Myra

I got my approval finally and my surgery is scheduled for June 20th ;)

When they finally *found* the paperwork it was much quicker than I had anticipated.

Of course it helps that Dr. Hung's nurse Lisa is a real go - getter and she actually had a person she called and pushed regularly lol.

We both chuckled that this person was probably sorry they ever gave her his direct extension.......

So I'm happy to say I'll be banded in two weeks :D

SunnyDee I'm so glad for you that everything finally came together. I know that is a big weight off your shoulders.

Congrats to pplqueen also.

Won't be long before ya'll are on the losing side.

Myra

I have a legal plan. I called the attorneys and asked them to review my insurance coverage and asked them to call on behalf to question everything. It worked. I was approved in one hour. I think that being a bulldog is a great idea. These insurance companies don't want to pay. I got it done so quickly because I made a relationship with the person who decides. I then used my legal access not to get a rund around. Good luck honey! You deserve it! Keep fighting. I worked for HCA for years. I am a Registered Nurse. I never had their insurance. They do like to keep it in the family. keep us posted.