Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SCREAMING in FRUSTRATION

SunnyDee and pplqueen how did your banding go? Thinking about ya'll and just wanted to let you know.

Myra

Hi Myra

Was banded yesterday at 1pm and am home and hanging out on my computer.

Surgery went well, and I feel better than I thought I would. Pain is minimimal and Soup tastes great :)

Thanks for thinking of me Myra :P

Myra, thanks for thinking of me. I think that it was GREAT. So much better that I thought. The gas pain is bad but otherwise it is a peice of cake. I don't know what I was so afraid of....... thanks again. Just taking it easy for a few days trying to move the gas along.

Hi Shantell

personally I'm feeling ok :) I have some incisional stinging, and it does hurt a bit to get up off my bed.

So I'm spending most of my time out of it lol and in chairs or walking around.

Enjoying a great Peaches and Cream Protein shake and checking out the board.

Best thing I've ever done for myself. Congrats to you on your new band.:clap2:

I don't have a clue where my port is. I only feel gas pain. If you have gas pain, don't continue pain med. It causes more. Walking and maalox will help release the gas... pain meds do not help with gas pain. Could my port be on top of belly button area?? I thought it would be on the side?

any clues??

Hope ya'll all (shantell, Sunny Dee & pplqueen) are doing okay. pplqueen some folks do have their port above their belly button. Ask your doc the next time you see he/she.

M

Thanks for the encouragemnt. The doctor was shocked at my weight loss. 21 pounds. My port is about my belly button.

One week post op TODAY!!!

How are you doing MVPO? How much weight have you lost? I am counting down the days to my surgery...only 38 left counting today! Yipes...I beees skeeeeeerd! But no enough to back out!

I too was banded on the 20th. Don't know how much weight I've lost, but I know some is gone, not hungry but thinking about food all the time. Trying to continue to just drink Protein, v-8, diet Jello, diet snapple, and Water. I think my port is above my belly button. I haven't felt any pain, past the first day of getting in and out of bed.

Sharon, we're all scared. It's like that mythical carrot on the carosel. We are trying to grab it once again, but this time you're having surgery, not getting some pill, box of food, box of shakes, etc.

I'm not sure how it will all work out, but I'm on the ride now, and I feel good. :)

Hi Nanahanna I was thinking about writing you soon. I know you don't have long to wait now. I am holding my breath till you let me know how things go. (Laughing)

Randi congrats on the banding. Time will fly and you'll be getting filled and making us all jealous with how skinny you'll be getting.

Myra

Hi everyone, I'm feeling GReeeeat! Wishing I would hve done this years ago. What a wonderful thing. Got my first fill and I can't believe how easy it was! Soooo Happy.

Now she tells you to call the surgeon and have him fax the info to her, but she didn't bother to get a fax number to send the info to the surgeon...to begin with....That is crazy....and why would she have to hear from the surgeon as to where the surgery will take place...why won't they just let you tell them? You are their customer....you pay them for their services..and yet you can't be the one to tell them where you are having the surgery..that is just so stupid...

Di