Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks summer I sure hope my body hurries up and catch up its so frustrated

Thanks summer I sure hope my body hurries up and catch up its so frustrated

You're not wrong there Kerrbear but in the past I would have at this stage given up and put all the weight I'd lost so far plus some. With the band I can't to that which I am do grateful for because even if I wanted to pig out I can't because it would make me ill nor do I want to pig out and go back to my old eating habits. This time next year hopefully we will be in that delicious green zone and many many pounds down.

When I get frustrated or hungry I make sure I keep myself busy and my mind occupied or go for a nice long walk.

Wishing you all the best with this new journey!

@Chubsy....it varies, I lost 105 lbs in less than 2 years and surpassed my goal of 170. My downfall was not having adequate treatment while living over seas with my then active duty husband and had to have all of the Fluid removed. I am now getting my second fill and have regained 50 back. The most important thing is staying in touch with your doctor. I didn't do that.

I'm amazed st the amount of weight some have lost...85 lbs?? Really? I was banded feb 27 and have only lost 45. Losing it slow and not gaining but I sure would like to have better results. I have had 2 fills and was a bit overfilled the 2nd time but I got through it and now it's better. I am scheduled for a 3rd fill end of sep.

I hear ya! I was banded in Jan and am only at 40 or so pounds lost. But with my last fill, I think I am too tight. Haven't puked this much for a long time. But hopefully the Green Zone is right around the corner with a bit of un-fill. The band is a delicate balance. For the first few months after banding I did fight with hunger although I have been slowly losing. But being over tight is no picnic either.

I finally got the extra money to drive from Arkansas to Indianapolis to get my full yesterday and I feel hopeful that the constant hunger will stop now. I felt like I ate all the time. Today for lunch chopped up ham and chicken with some cottage cheese and struggling to eat it.

I needed the restriction to help with my appetite supression. I've lost 5lbs in 2 1/2 weeks. I have been walking too. I just need to get more Water in me than the 16 oz a day I drink. Any suggestions there?

Lori, I too have a challenge with my Water intake! Here's what I do ... First thing in the morning right after my feet hit the floor I drink 2 bottles (12 or 16 oz) of Water. One after the other. First thing before anything else because really you are thirsty when you wake up whether you realize it or not but if you have Decaf coffee or tea or milk or something you won't want the water. Anyway, then I take another bottle with me that I finish before getting to work. Then you just have to fit in a few more during the day and it's not as hard. I hope this helps.

Dr. Terry Simpson, I love your website. You were not my surgeon (I chose a local doctor here in CA) but some of the best, most frank and understandable information I've gathered has been from your website. Thank you so very much!!

I had my surgery 11/30/2011. My fist fill was January 22,12, 2nd fill was in March, My 3rd fill in May. I felt the same with each fill.. Had my 4th fill on 09/06/12. I can truly tell the different. My doc do not tell what about of Fluid in your band . He don't want me to focus on that. I'm losing slow but I'm toning up great 50lbs gone.. I just take it one day at a time.