Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Sad/heartbroken/angry/frusted!

August, 6th 2012. I was supposed to be banded today after the first time failed in July. I didn't get banded in July because I had my gallbladder removed the same time as lapband surgery was scheduled. Well my gallbladder was bad, acutely inflamed, leaking and it exploded inside of me. My doctor couldn't place the lapband in due to risk of infection and complications. However, I have the lapband incisions because he was planning on putting it in. Today I wake up and my port scar is in puffed up and pus is coming out of it. It has been sore and burning for the past week. The doctor thought nothing of it. The surgeon notified me today that i have an infection and a hematoma formed. He can't perform surgery because of risk infection and complications with the band and with the incision not healing correctly. I need to be put on antibiotics. It should heal in a week or two. I start school in two weeks. I won't have a break until Christmas time. So now my surgery is postponed until then. I've done this awful pre op liquid diet twice. I'm weak. I'm tired. I'm still recuperating from my gallbladder. I'm really sad. I'm just breaking down in tears. It's as if God doesn't want me to have lapband. I want to be healthy. Oh boy :( sorry for any typos...I'm sorry, I just needed to vent.

Oh my god that sounds awful! I'm so sorry :( I start school in September and thankfully getting surgery next week but I can understand you don't want to miss time from school and you feel like its taking forever :( just hope and pray your infection clears up soon so you can get your band! :( best of luck x

I am so sorry to hear about the problem's you've had. I hope the infection heals, and you can have your surgery at Christmas.

Thank you so much, dolls! I hope it all works out in the end :(

So sorry, I will pray for you and hope it all works itself out. Get yourself well & think positive. You must have lost a bit of weight on 2 pre op diets...use that as an insertion to keep going. Remember. In this world everyone has a fight theyre fighting, and someone else is always a little worse off. This too shall pass. Good luck!

Yes be glad you getting all this cleared up before surgery. The important thing is now to eat in order to heal appropriately.

Take heart! You will get it done.

Thank you! You are all right. Thank god for everything. I'm alive. I'm overall healthy for everything else. It could be worse. I am blessed in many ways. It's just I've been waiting so long and struggled so much for this...Everything happens for a reason though.

I am so sorry :(

But your right everything does happen for a reason! But the best thing now is to keep your self healthy and concentrate on school. christmas isnt that far away just remember you waited this long and it will be here before you know it! Good Luck!

Oh honey you've had a rough deal, I hope you heal up really quickly and that you get another banding scheduled. Hang in there xxx Jacqui xxx

If you are planning on having surgery at Christmas, make sure that the Dr has submitted to insurance and check too see if that approval will be valid then. This is to assure that if you lose more weight before then, you are approved and don't get pushed around by insurance.

I'm so sorry. That sounds like something that typically happens to me. :(

I'm so sorry. That sounds like something that typically happens to me. :(

But I hope it never happens to you or anyone else! I just didn't have the luck to get it. Thank you to all who replied! I hope I can get it December. I hope nothing else pops up :P I sure hope the insurance doesn't give me any trouble either, because I've been dealing with them since last December. Plus the 6 month supervised diet. It's been a long process...

so sorry to hear about everything!! everything happens for a reason and this will give you time to be totally healthy and ready for your band surgery! so just concentrate on getting better! time will FLY and december will be here before you know it! praying for ya!

Wish you the best of luck in your journey. Everything happens for a reason you just need to let your body heal completely for a healthy banding surgery!!!

take advantage of this time, lose some more weight, start exercising (it really helps with mental health!). Any positive changes you make b4 surgery will make it that much easier after surgery!

keep reading and posting on this forum. the more you learn, the better.