Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Little Help Here Please

It may well be that u hit your green zone albeit a little tight on the green zone/full restriction and u may have to adjust what you are eating and how much. As long as u are drinking enough fluids you wont get dehydrated. According to research starvation mode is something that happens when u are on a very reduced amount of calories for at least a good few weeks, to be honest most of us here never get anywhere near starvation mode as we have enough body fat to maintain a low calorie intake, i was on 600 calories a day pre-surgery for 10 weeks and never got near starvation mode. If your body has fat to use it will use that to burn and not muscle .. as long as u are eating what your body needs then u should be ok. Try adjusting your diet to cope with a tighter band, sometimes its best not to rush off for an unfill unless u cannot keep Water and food down .. If you are restricted calorie wise for a while then reduce the exercise to account for the lower intake of food till u get back into balance .. I have never had a Protein Shake since being banded i eat my Protein which is something in the UK that is more recommended, i think also Australia dont go down the must have Protein Shakes commercial road, but may be u have to use them for a while till u can find other food to eat to get your protein amount in daily :) .

I am afraid you are going to screw up your metabolism. You need to eat at least 1000 calories a day or you body will go into starvation mode. Believe me you body never forger that.

You need to eat Protein with every meal or you body will start eating you muscle. Muscle burns more than fat. You want muscle.

Here is the menu they gave me:

Sample Menu:

Breakfast

meat

Carb

Fruit/Veg.

2 eggs

Waffle/toast 1 pat butter

1/3 cup light yogurt & 1 egg

3 slices turkey bacon

1/3 cup oatmeal

2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter