Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Guy In The Group !!!

Cooper-sounds like you are doing great and right on schedule..Full liquids does help make you feel a bit more "normal"..mushies are right around the corner. So glad to hear you are doing so well and pain was at a minimum. Have a great weekend. Next week, you will be back to your old self again and the surgery thing - will be in the past. Good luck and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Melinda in Florida

Update:

Hi guys, I'm sad to inform you that I gained 5lbs :(

I just haven't been able to eat the 4oz of food every three hours. I'm constantly hungry, maybe because my band is empty but I can eat as much as before the surgery. Anyways, my first fill is scheduled for this Thursday Aug 16th, and I am really hoping that this will finally get me back on track....crossing my fingers and I will let you know

Update:

Hi guys, I'm sad to inform you that I gained 5lbs :(

I just haven't been able to eat the 4oz of food every three hours. I'm constantly hungry, maybe because my band is empty but I can eat as much as before the surgery. Anyways, my first fill is scheduled for this Thursday Aug 16th, and I am really hoping that this will finally get me back on track....crossing my fingers and I will let you know

You are in what we often call "bandster hell". You've had the surgery and are expected to eat like a banded person but your band is empty and you can still easily eat like an unbanded person. It absolutely sucks, I know. Unfortunately it's something almost all of us go through.

I got through bandster hell by focusing on daily calories. I knew there was no way in hell I was going to make it 4 hours between meals without starving, so I spread my calories through the day to allow myself to eat about every 2 hours. For me, it was the only way I could survive until I had restriction without going nuts and gaining.

Not to be a downer, but most people it take multiple fills before they have decent restriction, so don't be too disappointed if you walk away from your first fill not really feeling any different yet. I know it's horribly frustrating but be patient and try your best to make good food choices. Restriction will eventually come.

Hang in there, you can do this :)

That's a great idea Mis73, thanks! I think I'm gonna do the spreading the calories trick. I see you've lost a lot of weight, super congrats on that, how do you feel with your new 3cc fill? is it working for you? or do you feel that you need another fill?

You're welcome!

Actually I'm definitely under filled right now. I had everything removed from my band on Sunday for emergency surgery and he put 3cc back in before I was discharged. I'm still 2cc under where I was (which was perfect) but I will be getting the rest back over the next two weeks.

So yes, I definitely need another fill, but I did have perfect restriction from May until this past Sunday when I had to have surgery.

I hope you're doing well after your surgery, I'll see if I can convince the nurse to give me 5cc on Thursday :P

I hope you're doing well after your surgery, I'll see if I can convince the nurse to give me 5cc on Thursday :P

hahaha that would be a very dramatic fill!

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it. The reason being is, most docs fill slowly so they don't accidentally over-shoot the Green Zone. Then you're stuck too tight, getting unfilled and refilled, constantly messing with it trying to find that perfect restriction. If you go gradually it's easier to find good restriction and in the end takes a lot less time and stress.

I know you're anxious, I was too, but trust me it's always better to go slow and sure when it comes to your band ;)

Thanks again Mis73, it's really comforting to read your replies and this forum is a great way to find information and answers to our concerns. Keep up the great work and I would like for you to keep me posted on your progress.

Update:

Today was my first fill. Everything went great and I can't wait to feel the restriction. I thought they were gonna give me 3 cc but the nurse ended up giving my 5cc. I'm not complaining at all :)

She told me that I should feel it in a couple of hours or I might not, it is different for everybody. She was super nice and I didn't even feel the pinch in my belly.

I'm hoping this really makes a difference.