Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded July 5Th And I Feel Horrible!

I got banded and had the hernia removed July 3rd and still sore bug everyday it seems to get better. I was also surprised w/how much pressure I feel but trying to look at the big picture.

I was banded July 5th and the worst part for me has been the fear. Like many have posted I thought "what have I done?" I had a foreign body inserted into my abdomen, how crazy is that. But since I no longer lose weight on my own I knew I had to give it a shot if I wanted to be healthy. I had a 'pain ball" implant to numb the surgical area, but It ran out today. I do have pain meds and I am going to take them before the pain gets worse. I walk around a lot, even going up stairs and I know that this helped with the gas. I have to be careful not to overdue since I just moved to this house and there are boxes everywhere waiting to be unpacked. The pain always passes so hang in the game. Good luck

I am in so much pain. I didn't imagine it being this hard to regain my strength. My shoulder hurts my stomach hurts when I try to sit up, walk, lay down just moving period hurts! Pain medicine works for a minute but not for long. Oh yeah I had a hernia repair too which is causing me to have hard time breathing...I am having my doubts but its too late! :-(

it will pass. before you know it you will be feeling on top of it all. i had a hernia repair done as well. I didnt have any painkillers or gas meds ( apart from some mild liquid panadol the first 48 hours) and i hurt too, but it passed quickly. Dont try and push yourself right now. make the most of your time.... do you read? i made the most of my time and did some reading.

I remember when I had my surgery and how difficult it was. I had the should pain and the pain meds only worked 1/2 hour at a time. Prior to surgery I would read posts where people reported very little pain and the incisions were the only reminder that they had surgery. Well, we are the unfortunate ones that hurt like hell!!! You did not make a mistake - trust me. It will get better and it seems to happen overnight. You may feel like heck today and tomorrow it's manageable. Hang in there.

I tried to do too much my first 3 days bc I felt okay, just slight discomfort and overall weakness - so day 4 and 5 were worst for me. By day 7, I felt sooo much better. The shoulder pain lasted a few days beyond that. Sorry you're feeling bad. But it will pass.

I was banded 6/28 and didn't even leave the house for the first 5 days. First 4 days literally took the pain meds and slept. Everytime I was awake I would do laps around the house to get in my walking. Gas x strips really do help. I also took Miralax twice starting on day 3 an that seemed to relieve some pressure ect.... It does get better I am basically back to normal now on day 10! Hang in there!!!

I had mine on the June 15th. And everything you described, I went thru. You did not make a mistake. Walking the absolute best suggestions. Every hour while I was awake even if I woke up in the middle the night I walked 5 min.

Talk it (type it) out here....so much support.

Also' date=' was very disappointed that my weight went up about 8 lbs. can that really be liquids? It's crazy since I am on liquids & haven't taken in many calories![/quote']

Lol I made the mistake of weighing myself too but I expected to go up because they put so much liquid in you after surgery! I had "gained" 8 pounds too. But don't worry...I weighed again like 4 days later and I LOST 8 from before surgery! I guess I lost the extra surgery liquid and more. So don't worry about that for now! It's just the surgery... And temporary. Not real weight

I had my surgery 6/14. It hurt like hell the first week. I've said on other posts, it was worse than my c sections! I am on week 4 now and am a whole lot better! Most times I feel like my old self. If I over do it, I still feel some pain. I am 27 lbs down from pre op diet weight. I can honestly say that the horrible pain I had that first week is paying off! Hang in there!

Oh and gas x is a must!

Thank you all for the encouraging posts it really is helping me. I am starting to feel a little better. The gas is still there but moving slowly. Also can anybody tell me how to put my profile pic up?

It does get better. After a month or so, you should be great. The port sight took the longest to heal for me. I guess the pain is stronger there because is the result of something being attached. The gas can be helped wit GasX. I kept it with me at all times after my surgery. Good luck and know that it is worth the pain.

Also' date=' was very disappointed that my weight went up about 8 lbs. can that really be liquids? It's crazy since I am on liquids & haven't taken in many calories![/quote']

Give yourself time. If you drastically reduced your calorie intake, that can slow your weightless as your body thinks that it is starving and holds on to the weight. But you should keep a food journal (and that includes liquids) so you can watch your calorie intake. fruit juices are high in calories. And Protein drinks can add up. If you are doing everything right, the weight will come off'

I had my surgery July 2nd and the first 3 days I thought I was going to die. It was so hard I was in so much pain. I also had a hiatal hernia, which still bothers me a lot. This website and pain meds is what got me through. You can do it! I did and didn't think I would make it.

Thanks for the tips Maegan I'm making my list now. I'll have my band and hernia repair on August 23rd and I must say I'm scared to death! So many have complained about the pain, I'll be sure to do a lot of walking, pain meds and gas x strips! LOL