Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone come out of surgery with a Hiatal hernia ? Does it hurt like mine does?

i had a hiatal hernia repair at the same time i was banded...is that what you mean?? It was the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life!!

i had a hiatal hernia repair at the same time i was banded...is that what you mean?? It was the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life!!

Yes. That is what I mean. I am in so much pain! How long till the pain was gone ?

Hope you are in no more pain!

I was in bad bad pain for 2 days after my surgery. I felt like it took a while for my to catch my breath fully. Now I am post op day 8 and I feel pretty normal.

I was in bad bad pain for 2 days after my surgery. I felt like it took a while for my to catch my breath fully. Now I am post op day 8 and I feel pretty normal.

I am glad you are doing better ! I'm post op 3 days so only a few more days. Thanks !

You will feel much better with each day. Day 2 and 3 were the worse so you are over the hump. I hope you get well soon. I had surgery 6/25 and a hernia repair as well

What is the systoms of a Hernia? Why doesn't. Anyone know they have one are there no systoms? If it doesn't. Bother anyone why do they fix it

I also had a repair during banding, I'm 8 days post op and feel fine. It'll get better, good luck to you.

Just searched it part of the stomach stick up out of the diaghram it hurts to breath because to fix it affects your diaghram the symptoms are difficult swallowing heartburn and chest pain

I have never heard anyone else say that, YES it hurt like crazy! Doc said it was one of the largest hernias he had ever operated on! I had lots of trouble turning in bed, getting up and standing. I hardly ate for days, made myself eat and drink & walk. I had such bad gerd that it was worth all of the pain. no more daily drugs or burning in my throat!

I just was banded today and also hernia repair pain is not exactly fun! I just hope tomorrow is better

What is the systoms of a Hernia? Why doesn't. Anyone know they have one are there no systoms? If it doesn't. Bother anyone why do they fix it

There were no symptoms for me. I didnt know I had it till I came out of surgery. It hurts now but didn't before. The dr said it was as big as his thumb.

Just got banded thurs afternoon(yesterday) & had hiatal hernia I didn't know about before. Spending night at hospital & can't sleep! Guess I slept too much after surgery. Sipping on apple juice & uncomfortable but tolerable

I was banded May 9, 2012..the pain didn't go away fully until right at 14 days postop...the left shoulder pain, chest pain, back pain..it was miserable...just wearing a bra killed me...I stayed on schedule with my pain meds, and took it easy...don't overdo it...allow yourself to heal...it does get better!!!! I have felt great ever since!!

Y'all are freaking me out!! lol. I am having my hiatal hernia fixed on Monday. I hope the pain isn't too bad. My original banding wasn't bad for me at all... galbladder was horrible... I was hoping this would fall closer to the "not bad at all" side of the scale.< /p>