Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I definitely went though that! I thought for sure that I was the only one' date=' but I did what you did and posted here. This forum is amazing!

I had my surgery on 6/26 and it was about day 4 that it hit me like a ton of bricks.

My issue was me coming to terms that I have a food addiction and it hit me that I was saying goodbye to that part of my life.

You're doing the best thing though, you're talking about it with people who understand. You don't have to go through it alone, we're all in this together. Posting and reading here helped me the most, and I'm also reading a few books about food addiction. I'm still sad, but the support here tells me I CAN do this, and so can YOU! :)

Shed your tears if you need to, this is tough, but don't give up, and take comfort that we are all here for each other.[/quote']

Glad its not just me! I was banded 6/19 so I'm 2 weeks out and still on mushy food stage. All my friends were sitting around eating burgers and cake today and I had tears in my eyes. I felt so ridiculous getting that emotional over food. Times like that make you realize your addiction.

Chattymom, can you tell me the name of the book u are reading? Maybe it can help me.

Post surgery blues is a common theme after any surgery, firstly i was very down after my lapband surgery till i suddenly saw that that the scales were going down and i was feeling better, and more recenlty after my marathon plastic surgery operation to remove my loose skin. This i have to say has been much worse than being banded emotionally as u fixate on something like, if i only i didnt have this skin i would feel so mych better and then when its gone its like hmmm i feel better but not as great as i thought i would because u are concentrating on the next part of your body you dont like lol

Keep life as normal as possible after being banded, obviously except eating habits/exercise, but going out, seeing friends/ family etc the quicker u will return to normal emotionally.

I had my surgery July 2nd. I am really emotional. Can't stop crying. Anyone go through that?

i wasnt crying but felt really awful.. wondering what on earth i had done to myself. feeling guilty because it had come to this. I think that nearly everyone goes through this. Its a profound move that you have made. YOu have severed your slavery to food... its that simple. There has been a death in your life.... overeating. It goes to show just how strong a hold food has had over us. I think also that there are emotional upheavals as well. after all, food was my best friend and becoming more so as i got older. i was using it as a crutch more and more. i dont know about you. I felt bereft when i came home from surgery. i made up my mind and got drs approval within just a few weeks so i didnt have time to really ponder over it all. my health needs were obvious so it was very quick. It was afterwoods that i stopped to think about it all. AS for the guilt thing? thats all gone. im just thrilled now at the result and the changes ive had to make have been huge. Its well worth it. Now i need to find another ''best friend'' or ''comforter'. lol.

I had my surgery July 2nd. I am really emotional. Can't stop crying. Anyone go through that?

I got banded same day as you! And yesterday I was a mess!! Crying for no reason! My hubby and parents took me out for a ride in the car and tried distracting me. Today I woke up better and am

Trying to keep distracted! So I totally know how you feel! So let's get through this! I hear it gets better in a few days! Just try leto stay distracted!

Hello everyone! Well I did not cry, but i felt like it! I wondered why I chose the lapband. I sometimes feel that way now. I got the band Dec. 2008. I have kept off 30 lbs. I really need encouragement from u guys . I know i don't get enough Protein. Do u know if any Protein Shakes without a bad aftertaste?

The first thing I remember coming out of surgery was wailing loudly and the nurse telling me repeatedly that I had to stop crying and stop moving or I would hurt myself! I have had anesthesia before and NEVER had that happen! It lasted a while in recovery. I guess I was fighting to get up. Once I was more aware of what was going on, I stopped moving and my wailing turned to tears and sniffles. I finally stopped but it was so bizarre! I think once I woke up I was more embarrassed than anything else. I also cried a little when I was havin to walk at the hospital. The pain was excruciating!

Im 4 years out and i still have dayd where i cry because im so frustrated with my band. Its a love hate relationship but we make it work :P

Hello everyone! Well I did not cry, but i felt like it! I wondered why I chose the lapband. I sometimes feel that way now. I got the band Dec. 2008. I have kept off 30 lbs. I really need encouragement from u guys . I know i don't get enough Protein. Do u know if any Protein Shakes without a bad aftertaste?

Those carnation instant breakfasts are the only ones I can stand anymore. Never noticed an aftertaste with them but probably cuz I love milk.

Its very normal ! I have not had the surgery yet, but I will count on crying. Crying is the bodies natural way of healing .......so embrace it, and be glad you body is NORMAL and doing exactly what is it supossed to do.

:rolleyes:

hang in there i felt the same way and even started getting emotional during pre opt...... in fact i posted this on Jan 1 ............ "i have been on the pre opt diet for almost 2 weeks and getting close to my surgery date (JAN 4th) and this liquid diet has made me realize how much food is a part of my life and how much of an emotional eater i have been. i have literally broken down into tears a few times because of the emotional impact of this diet. it may have a lot to due with the fact that my liquid diet started dec 22 so it has gone on through the holidays and seeing everyone eat together and seeing all the joy that it brings to them made me a bit nostalgic. its been tough but also an eye opener to realize that i am so attached to food and to realize all the feelings that it can bring about. i didn't realize how emotional this journey was going to be. and i guess in any other emotional situation i would recruit to food but this time i can't and i think that is why i had a few break downs, because i can no longer find comfort and consolation in food and that brings me a since of loneliness ( as pathetic as that might sound) but i guess now is when i start the journey of realizing that food wasnt or shouldnt be the solution to an emotional situation but the problem. so its time to end this bad relationship and break up with food. "

its completely normal to feel emotional during this journey as someone mentioned before its normal to morn the life we left behind the only life we have ever known

i use SLM by Musachi. Ive tried other Protein Drinks and they are awful. I buy the vanilla and chocolate one . I also use, everytime, Greek non fat yoghurt in my drink, and im generous with it as well. Do try this one. I recommend it . It has no aftertaste, and im sensitive to anything like that. If you wanted to you could add coffee... more vanilla, other flavours, like frozen berries, etc etc... ive had it lots of different ways. Ive been banded now for nearly four months and ive always got this in my cupboard. when i have a fill or if i have a bad episode with food getting stuck i use the protein ... its a great mainstay. Also, if im in a hurry at Breakfast time i use it for a Meal Replacement.< p>I do hope that you can get back onto losing weight again. Have you got a dr where you live who can give you a fill? it sounds as if you need to have another fill.... Whatever you do.. dont leave things as they have been. YOu have a wonderful tool in you that you should be utilising to the max. Go for it. Get a fill and be positive. You can do this. good luck.

I cried as well.. It was almost like losing a best friend, except mine was food. It is better to cry than eat! It will get better! Good luck!

Cortney

i use SLM by Musachi. Ive tried other Protein drinks and they are awful. I buy the vanilla and chocolate one . I also use' date=' everytime, Greek non fat yoghurt in my drink, and im generous with it as well. Do try this one. I recommend it . It has no aftertaste, and im sensitive to anything like that. If you wanted to you could add coffee... more vanilla, other flavours, like frozen berries, etc etc... ive had it lots of different ways. Ive been banded now for nearly four months and ive always got this in my cupboard. when i have a fill or if i have a bad episode with food getting stuck i use the Protein ... its a great mainstay. Also, if im in a hurry at breakfast time i use it for a meal replacement.

I do hope that you can get back onto losing weight again. Have you got a dr where you live who can give you a fill? it sounds as if you need to have another fill.... Whatever you do.. dont leave things as they have been. YOu have a wonderful tool in you that you should be utilising to the max. Go for it. Get a fill and be positive. You can do this. good luck.[/quote']

Try whey of Life, whey protein shakes.. They're not like a milkshake but they are good!

I def under stand. I didn't cry.after surgery just before...BC I realized I was addicted.to food. I was sitting in a pushing r lot of.a resturant debating if I should.go in or go home....BC I wasn't physically hungry just mentally during my pre liq dust

Sent from my SGH-T989 using LapBandTalk