Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something I Didnt Think About...

So i was at a bday party this weekend and my cousin posted some pics....i must say..it is so nice to be caught off guard with the camera and no look like a dying whale! lol...who knew that would make me happy :)

It is such a relief to not be paranoid that someone will take a phhoto of you when u arent ready, i am still somewhat camera shy but am not obsessing about it now :)

It is such a relief to not be paranoid that someone will take a phhoto of you when u arent ready, i am still somewhat camera shy but am not obsessing about it now :)

Ditto!!!!! :)

I know that feeling, I still very much dodge behind objects. I still think some people need to learn to NOT take photos when food is being served, soooo not flattering, LOL

I love not hiding from cameras anymore!

I haven't lost enough that I'm comfortable in front of a camera yet, but it is something I'm looking forward to. For years I've been telling people that come near me with a camera that I can't have pictures made because I'm in the witness protection program :ph34r: ! I also tell friends and family that if they post a picture of me on Facebook that I'll "unfriend" them!!

Total opposite here, I went to a bday party this weekend and I was looking at the pictures just now and thought geez! I can't wait until my surgery so that I don't have to look at pictures like this again! :unsure:

Me too just a thing! I totally can't wait, I was looking at photos from a family activity we did 2 weeks ago and I can't believe how fat I am! If I was insure of the band before, that just made me realize how much I truly need some serious help!

I am just starting my 6 month diet so I am pretty far out, but I will get there!

Me too just a thing! I totally can't wait, I was looking at photos from a family activity we did 2 weeks ago and I can't believe how fat I am! If I was insure of the band before, that just made me realize how much I truly need some serious help!

I am just starting my 6 month diet so I am pretty far out, but I will get there!

I just went to my last appointment today! It goes by really fast! It's also good because at the end of the 6 months you'll have done so much research that you will know if the band is right for you :)

I haven't lost enough that I'm comfortable in front of a camera yet, but it is something I'm looking forward to. For years I've been telling people that come near me with a camera that I can't have pictures made because I'm in the witness protection program :ph34r: ! I also tell friends and family that if they post a picture of me on Facebook that I'll "unfriend" them!!

I am really self conscious of what my friends post of me on FB, some I seem not to have any control of and just don't care. All my friends are overweight and seem to be comfortable in their own skin, I am not! They think I am just being overly sensative. A friend of mine posted pictures when we all went away on vacation (al of them) including the ones in the pool. Which btw I begged for her to take down and she still hasn't, 8 months later....

Patty..thats just cruel...ur friend doesnt seem like a caring one to not think about ur feelings...i am also camera shy especially when caught off guard...

Ugh! Someone didn't believe my don't put my picture on Facebook threat and eleven pictures of me showed up all tagged on Facebook today. I quickly removed the tag and the "friend". Worst of all is, I'm down almost 40 pounds, I'm halfway to my goal weight and I still looked like a blob!! THAT WAS DEPRESSING!! I can't imagine what I must have looked like 40 pounds heavier!!! I'm thinking I may have to revisit my goal weight ;-(

When I look at a picture of myself I expect to be disgusted and now I'm always plesantly surprised. I wonder if I'll ever get used to that?