Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ate Bread & Still Have So Much Pain...

So I know that I can't and shouldn't eat bread because it doesn't sit well with my band. However last night we went out to dinner & I had a piece of Stromboli. Like not even an hour later I was bent over with that diaphragm pain. Nothing worked to make it better & I couldn't get myself to try & bring it up. This morning I am still in pain but I do not think the band slipped because I can keep Water down.

Any suggestions on what I should do or personal battles with the same issue?

Actually, there is nothing wrong with eating bread when you have the band. Some people prefer low carbs and stay away from bread for that reason, but if you take small enough bites and chew thoroughly most of has can and do still eat bread.

If you didn't have pain until hour after eating, the pain isn't from being stuck. The bread would've passed through the band long before that, You wouldn't still be in pain the morning after, either, food spends very little time at above the band before passing through and the pain and discomfort from being stuck is almost instant not delayed by hours or even days.

If I were in your shoes, I'd call my surgeon just to be on the safe side and describe the pain you're experiencing,

I to can never eat bread and sometimes I just can not get that through my head and I try and always with the same results I am in the bathroom.

You did not say why you couldn't bring it up. If it was you saying I don't like to erp ... well that is why you are still in pain this AM it is probably stuck... If that is the case drink lots and lots of Water go into the bathroom lean way over and bring it up . I have found when something gets caught I slime alot and as most banders will tell you it does not go away just go in a bathroom and take care of it.

Until I got the hang of what I could and could not eat I was very familiar with every bathroom in town. Good Luck :wacko:

Regular bread is out of the question for me but I went for a no fill yesterday and a fellow bander told me he can do Flat bread just fine! I havn't tried it jet but will do so this weekend.

Regular bread is out of the question for me but I went for a no fill yesterday and a fellow bander told me he can do Flat bread just fine! I havn't tried it jet but will do so this weekend.

I can also do flat bread, but I try to toast things when I can because I can chew it better. I cannot do the cheap breads that goop instantly either.

I did find the Flatout Fold it flatbread which works great for a sandwich!

i used to like to make toast and then dip it in Italian dressing! MMM good just can't do that anymore!

I would check your gallbladder that's howine started and I found out it was my gallbladder not the band or stuck food :( it will keep happening if it's your gallbladder

I've tried several times to eat bread. All kinds do bread, flat bread, white, whole wheat, whole grain, they are all a NO-NO for me! I'm only 2 months out, but that ended up being a really good thing for me. I was a giant bread addict. Stuck episodes don't usually last that long, I would go get it checked out!

Thank you guys SOO much for all your help. Just wanted to let you know I talked to my doctor and he said that my Stomach is probably inflamed and therefore anything that goes down is causing the discomfort. Have to be on a medication regiment for the next 10 days and then back on a strict liquid diet for the next 4 days. So glad that it is not something worse.

Thanks again & God Bless. :-)

I was banded 10/3/11. My last fill was to 6.2 cc's. I've been getting stuff "stuck" when out to eat - I realllly have to "liquify" my food before swallowing -- bread - forget it. Unless it's toasted (I eat gluten-free bread) reallly dark - I don't eat it. Haven't had Cereal since operation - rice does me in -- I can eat Mexican food really well, except for the rice. Corn chips- potato chips all good -- I know not good, but they do go down without a problem--no noodles - my favorite Vietnamese rice noodle dish is totally outl I am not losing the weight - lost 37 lbs early on (mostly B4 surgery!) and now am down 50 lbs. I'm really discouraged. I guess my exercise program needs to be expanded. Watching tv and being on FB all day is not good. I'm retired so don't have to go to work! I know I have to get up and move my butt!

I had success with pita bread last night. I swore off regular bread, but got some super healthy artichoke hummus and didn't have anything to dip with it. I took a half of pita bread, cut it into very small pieces, and ate about a third of what I cut up before I got the full signal. It was fantastic, but not a habit I intend to keep - I was afraid the whole time of getting stuck so I chewed until it wasn't good :mellow:

I use flat bread to make pizza and also will toast it, spread one laughing cow cheese on it and top with a little scrambled egg. YUM!

bread is something I can only dream of. Maybe a tiny bite here and there. I can't even do crackers. Not worth it as I get stuck.

My doc advised me to avoid bread and rice...I haven't touched it since being banded. I'm not one to take risks.