Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know I feel like I'm always complaining, but I am losing my mind. After breakdowns crying because of how hard this is at first, leg pain, laughing pain, gas pain, and all that now my incisions itch so bad I can't sleep. How long does this last??? I can't take it anymore. Right now, I would not recommend this to anyone else. So frustrated. I'm sorry.

Generally not long, in a few days you will be wondering why you were making so much fuss! ( That was meant in the nicest possible way).

In the meantime you may need an antihistamine. Phone your Dr and ask if it is OK for you to take one. Lots of people react to the dressings or the glue on them and you may be one of them.

I know how you feel Kallets. My day 6 felt more like day 2 and I was so frustrated but I just look at the thousands of people on this forum and I know it will get better, no one seems to be living in constant pain so that's all that I am holding onto for now. :)

I dunno? It was pretty simple for me. I had itchy incision sites too but maybe you have a low tolerance for mild pain? I'd recommend it to anyone. In fact, I see fat people out and about and I want to shake them and tell them about the lapband(I don't of course).

tmf

I had surgery a week ago.

I got throug hmm tough Patches by knowing it won't last forever. I was it itchy,

But once I removed

My steri strips, I felt better. Now I am just starving!

My worst day was Day 7. A close friend of mine has seen my success and has decided to go for lap-band. I told her she would hate my guts for the first week!

I'd recommend it to anyone. In fact, I see fat people out and about and I want to shake them and tell them about the lapband(I don't of course).

tmf

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this -- thinks this, that is!!

After surgery, I was depressed and wondering what I had done to myself. I was weak, lightheaded, and in agony from gas pain. I wanted to just curl up and die.

Now? I've lost 92 pounds and I'm in the best shape of my life. This will all be worth it in the end!

I think I have a high tolerance for pain. I haven't had to use the pain medicine at all and was out of the recovery area in 20 min. I'm allergic to a lot of things and I'm wondering if I'm allergic to the glue. Is that possible? The itch is unreal.

That is possible that you're allergic- do ask your doc about an antihistamine, or a cortisone cream to help with the itching!!! Also, try some ice on the site, that can calm the itch.

Thanks everyone. I hope in a month I look back at all this and want to kick myself for being so annoying.

I also questioned the surgery in the beginning as I was healing. It has now been 5 months since surgery and I now know this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I am 60 pounds down and halfway to goal!!!! Hang in there it gets sooooo much better! You have all of us to support you!!

I didn't have steri strips or gauze from the beginning but I got terribly itchy too and found keeping the areas moist with vaseline has helped tremendously...we will get through this and don't feel bad about your feelings they are legitimate!

Thank you guys.

Turns out I had a severe allergic reaction to the glue. Spent all day at the er. It's pretty ugly to look at but I'm glad it wasn't something more serious and I got it before the blisters got really bad.