Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Anyone Else Scheduled For August?

My surgery is august 14!

I've noticed that watching TV is hard. Commercials and TV characters eating in a show...it kills me.

I started a low carb high Protein a two weeks ago and it's actually getting easier but that darn lays chips commercial where they are falling and she takes a bite out of one makes me wants some chips so bad. I have to turn the channel for fear of raiding the frig...LOL stupid commercial

Did anybody get a blood thinner prescribed before the surgery? My doctor gave 7 syringes of a blood thinner (Fondaparinux Sodium). I used the 1st one today and everyday until Tuesday. He also prescribed liquid hydrocodone.

Did anybody get a blood thinner prescribed before the surgery? My doctor gave 7 syringes of a blood thinner (Fondaparinux Sodium). I used the 1st one today and everyday until Tuesday. He also prescribed liquid hydrocodone.

I didn't. I got liquid percocet and zofran.

No no blood thinners. Just liquid diet.< /p>

No as a matter of fact my surgeon said to stop taking blood thinners 2 wks before surgery. But every surgeon is different...

Hi everyone. I'm scheduled for my band on August 7th. I began my first day of liquids today. It's going to be a long two weeks.

I go 26th for my pre-pp appointment and we decided to start my diet on the 27th. I am not looking forward to this but I am ready for the change

The pre-op diet is definitely getting easier as the time goes by. I had a pretty horrible experience today though. I have been LOVING my Pure Protein vanilla shakes this whole time. I made mine today at lunch and couldn't finish more than three sips, it made me want to throw up. I'm not sure why, I wasn't nauseated aside from that and it didn't really taste bad. So I guess now I have to find something different that I can stomach. :( Skipping a meal on the pre-op is NOT fun, I felt horrible all day but I managed to still get in my 60 minutes of walking. Trying to stay on track!

I work In a call center and it seems that everyone around me is eating yummy fattening foods and it makes me so hungry....and candy is everywhere. Just have to focus on the long term goal.

That's my problem too - I work in a call center/production environment, and everyone is always bringing in treats and offering them. Its frustrating since I'm trying not to make it well known that I'm having the surgery (I work in an office full of women and they gossip!), but I've made it clear I'm on a diet... but they still offer. I know they mean well, but dang. We also have monthly potlucks that you're expected to keep filling your plate at - I've actually had it mentioned to me that I only had one plate, why didn't I have more, I'd hurt so and so's feelings for not trying their dish etc. <_<

That's my problem too - I work in a call center/production environment, and everyone is always bringing in treats and offering them. Its frustrating since I'm trying not to make it well known that I'm having the surgery (I work in an office full of women and they gossip!), but I've made it clear I'm on a diet... but they still offer. I know they mean well, but dang. We also have monthly potlucks that you're expected to keep filling your plate at - I've actually had it mentioned to me that I only had one plate, why didn't I have more, I'd hurt so and so's feelings for not trying their dish etc. <_<

One of my main reasons for me getting this done is stop all the assumptions! Why do people think because you are heavy that you're eating 2 and 3 plates of food at a time! Pisses me off, my daughter is heavy and I'm heavy and I had a waitress at Cracker Barrel ask if we wanted diet Maple Syrup, saying "no offense". I refuse to let my child be subjected to the crap the world doles out to overweight people. I'm bound and determined to address both of our weight issues. I know some people are just plain ignorant but it still gets to me.

One of my main reasons for me getting this done is stop all the assumptions! Why do people think because you are heavy that you're eating 2 and 3 plates of food at a time! Pisses me off, my daughter is heavy and I'm heavy and I had a waitress at Cracker Barrel ask if we wanted diet Maple Syrup, saying "no offense". I refuse to let my child be subjected to the crap the world doles out to overweight people. I'm bound and determined to address both of our weight issues. I know some people are just plain ignorant but it still gets to me.

I think that the assumptions are the worst. It's bad enough to get it from the general public, but I'm starting to get it from my family as well. They'll load up extra food for me, or make a big production of "Oh, I made extra of your favorite dish just for you!" I don't know if that's more annoying, or being asked if I'm finally pregnant.

I do have to admit though, and I'm so ashamed of this, now that I'm getting so close to my surgery date and am painfully aware of what I'm eating, I'm also really aware of what others are eating and finding myself judging them for their food choices. I know what it feels like to be food shamed/fat shamed/whatever you want to call it though, so I'm careful not to call it out... but it's so weird to have that attitude. All I can think is "agh, now I really know what people think of me when they see me with food!"

I think that the assumptions are the worst. It's bad enough to get it from the general public, but I'm starting to get it from my family as well. They'll load up extra food for me, or make a big production of "Oh, I made extra of your favorite dish just for you!" I don't know if that's more annoying, or being asked if I'm finally pregnant.

I do have to admit though, and I'm so ashamed of this, now that I'm getting so close to my surgery date and am painfully aware of what I'm eating, I'm also really aware of what others are eating and finding myself judging them for their food choices. I know what it feels like to be food shamed/fat shamed/whatever you want to call it though, so I'm careful not to call it out... but it's so weird to have that attitude. All I can think is "agh, now I really know what people think of me when they see me with food!"

I find myself doing the exact same thing but I work extremely hard not to judge, whatever someone is eating is right for them but not right for me and my daughter. My daughter and I are both working hard to be active every day for at least 1 hour, I love to run/jog and she loves to bike. Even if I have to get my run in, come in all sweaty load the bikes up and head to the park (she's picky, prefers the park because of all the fun hills). I also work 10 hours a day so it definitely is a struggle but I'm working hard to fit it in. I was thin until I hit my 20's so I didn't have problems in school regarding weight but I know how ugly kids are so I want my daughter to be healthy and active as well.

Americans have a larger struggle because food is marketed to the public with a vengence! I used to love going out to eat but lately I've tried my best to make it a once in a while treat and do more healthy cooking at home.

Went for my last pre-op today with the swallow test. 13 more days...Family reunion is this weekend. I'm going to work hard to ignore the comments about not eating and not drinking alcohol. They'll definitely assume I'm pregnant without a beer in my hand. Hopefully it will be busy enough that no one will notice.

Have a great weekend everyone!

I'm sure if you tell anyone you're having surgery you'll get all kinds of lap-band advice as well. I know I did last month. My family knows more about lap-band surgery than my surgeon. Just ask them!!!!