Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded May 29Th. Does Anyone Else Feel Isolated?

Banded May 29th and am feeling pretty good. Hungry. Scared something will go wrong. Not sure what to eat or how to eat it.

I've got an appt with my doc tomorrow. First visit post-op.

So tired of Protein drinks! Can anyone suggest some decent ones that can be purchased at national stores?

Hello, Congrats on your banding. I got banded on Saturday and the shakes are ok but tiring for now. I'm drinking muscle milk light chocolate....3 a day and clear liquid in between.....

Hi,

I was banded on the 29th as well. I hope I am not doing the wrong things also. I am nervous about my Protein intake because they all taste a bit crappy to me, but I feel like I am doing my best. I meet with the nutritionists on Friday, and boy...do I have a lot of questions for her.! I noticed today, that I can drink more Water at a time then I once was able to a few days ago. Oh, Boy, am I nervous! Good luck on your journey! and I cant wait to hear from you.

Banded May 29th and am feeling pretty good. Hungry. Scared something will go wrong. Not sure what to eat or how to eat it.

So tired of Protein drinks! Can anyone suggest some decent ones that can be purchased at national stores?

Finding a Protein shake that you actually like is a trial and error process...

I wanted to share that, per instructions from my surgeon, "100% whey isolate protein" is the best choice for bariatric patients. Be certain to read the label. I found "Extreme Wheybolic" Protein powder at GNC which I can tolerate well. I use 1.5 scoops powder per shake, when mixed with skim milk it has 37 g of Protein per shake. I stay with the chocolate and Cookies 'n cream flavors. The Atkins shakes are a good alternative if I am traveling, and don't taste too much like chemicals, but they fall way short on the protein content per serving. The same for Muscle Milk Lite: too much of a chemical taste and too little protein for my needs.

You may have to try several different brands to find one you like...it's important to like your choice of shake, as we will periodically need to rely on them as part of a liquid diet after fills.

Best wishes as your journey continues!

I do slimfast mostly, however, the Atkins strawberry is pretty good. I am going to try cottage cheese today even though I didn't care much for it in the past. It is still a good Protein choice and mushy enough too. I think more protein will help me from being too weak, which I still am.

I was banded 5/22/2012 and did cottage cheese today. It was ok. Tough stretching that out over 30 min since its already soft. Vienna sausages yesterday and eggs day before that. It's getting pretty exciting having something more than a shake or broth or tomatoe soup!! I haven't really felt hunger at all unless it's a different feeling now??

I did find a Protein shake by Oh Yeah that is 32 grams Protein and only 6 carbs. It is really good and I use it when we are traveling or going to someone's house for dinner.

I was banded on 5/29 too. Had my check up yesterday and I was cleared to go on soft foods. No problems so far. I've had scrambled eggs, grilled catfish, Mac n cheese and Tomato slice (no skin) and a couple shrimp (cold) with cocktail. These are pretty small portions, like 3 or 4 tiny bites but I'm feeling much better on food.

I was allowed applesauce, oatmeal, Soup, Protein Shakes and clear prior.

My favorite shakes are Premier Protein from SAMs club/ costco, love them! I bought the extreme whey from GNC, Cookies and cream and vanilla flavor, cost over $100 for the 2 containers and they are ok... But the last thing I go for... More I feel obligated to drink after putting out so much $$$. They do have packets to try of choc and vanilla, guess I should have tried th first!

I feeling good but lots of gas and some internal pain, kinda like things are trying to find where they belong, if that makes any sense.

Hope you get all your answers at your appt! Keep me posted! Btw, I thought eating food would cause an immediate gain but suprisingly, I'm down 1.2 today. I'm not worrying about it a lot because I'm healing but it's always in the back of my mind.

Congrats on your banding!!

FAVORITE Protein

Ready Drink Protein: Premier Protein

Flavor: Vanilla or chocolate [i prefer Vanilla]

I buy it at: costco

30g Protein and 1g of sugar.

Protein Powder: BSN Lean Dessert

Flavor: Whipped Vanilla Creme

I buy it at: vitacost.com

Try mixing your Protein with milk. Allow it to sit in fridge for 30 minutes to a hour. It'll thicken up and taste better.

I was banded on 5/29 too. Had my check up yesterday and I was cleared to go on soft foods. No problems so far. I've had scrambled eggs' date=' grilled catfish, Mac n cheese and Tomato slice (no skin) and a couple shrimp (cold) with cocktail. These are pretty small portions, like 3 or 4 tiny bites but I'm feeling much better on food.

I was allowed applesauce, oatmeal, Soup, Protein shakes and clear prior.

My favorite shakes are Premier Protein from SAMs club/ costco, love them! I bought the extreme whey from GNC, Cookies and cream and vanilla flavor, cost over 100 for the 2 containers and they are ok... But the last thing I go for... More I feel obligated to drink after putting out so much . They do have packets to try of choc and vanilla, guess I should have tried th first!

I feeling good but lots of gas and some internal pain, kinda like things are trying to find where they belong, if that makes any sense.

Hope you get all your answers at your appt! Keep me posted! Btw, I thought eating food would cause an immediate gain but suprisingly, I'm down 1.2 today. I'm not worrying about it a lot because I'm healing but it's always in the back of my mind.[/quote']

How are you able to eat this much? I was just bandit on may 10th.