Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you choose the lap band again if you had to do it over again?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you choose the lap band again if you had to do it over again?

• Yes, most definitely 100% sure! Lap Band is the only way to go!
    • Maybe, maybe not, still undecided. I think I would look around at my options again and choose more wisely and feel more confident in my decision.
    • I would NOT get the lap band if I had it all to do over again. I would choose another form of permanant weight loss surgery.
    • I would NOT get the lap band if I had it all to do over again. I would just keep trying on my own without any weight loss surgery.

Okay, it only takes a moment to vote, and it is anonymous. Please vote, I am curious. Please answer honestly and from the heart. No one will see what you personally voted. I just want to get an honest idea of how people feel. You don't have to share thoughts if you don't want to, just click a bubble and vote how you feel. Thanks so much for everyone participating.

I don't see a poll... :)

That was quick, it just split!!!! LOL!

Ok I just noticed only 3 people had voted...I need to pay more attention! :) DUH! It's still morning...:)

I didn't have to read past the first line.....without a doubt. As I've said in previous threads, I'd do it again in a heart beat. I'm not saying every day is perfect, and a few more days like yesterday, (eating everything in sight), I may change my mind, LOL. This was the only option I researched, the thoughts of my innards being rearranged and/or shortened, not for me.

HI, sorry to hijack. Please post your thoughts about the vote on the "would you do it again thread". I know it isn't anonymous, but you can use that old "my friend" approach.

i would do it again and again. It hasn't been easy, there are days i struggle, days i wonder why i haven't lost more etc. But 50lbs in 7 months...well really i shouldn't complain. THe occasional pb etc while miserable at the moment, really isn't so bad.

I have had the Band for over 3 years and have lost 170+ lbs. I just got another fill when I was in NY. I did have 2 cc, now I have 2.5cc. After 2 weeks I can feel I still need more. I will go back and get another 2.5 cc. Maybe in May. This is the best thing ever. You can lose as slow or as fast as you want. Or if you want you can have the fill removed, and, "eat like your going to the chair". I would encourage anyone to do this. Good luck.

Butch

Butch,

I'm wondering if we ever met. Did you ever go to Dr. Geiss' support group meetings? I had my surgery with him in Sept. 2003 but went to a few meetings before I had the surgery, in fact I still go every once in awhile. It's so comforting to see someone who has had the band for a long time and is doing so well.

Yeah, I have been to many of Dr. Guiss's support groups. In fact I just saw him a couple of weeks ago when I went there for a fill. I tried to get one down here in Florida, but they where given me the run around. So I just made an appointment when I was up there. In fact, my best friend gave me her appointment as I could not get one on such short notice. What a PAL, right?

I am living in Florida for the past few years, and I have had some health issues due to Water build up. This was due to a bad liver nothing to do with the band. Then after some heart stuff (an after affect of the Water loss) I was finely ready to have a fill. There was 2 cc in the band, and they put back in 2.5 cc. I don't think it's enough. I can't eat like I am going to the chair, but I can eat too much, and I do......... sometimes. I will try and get another fill from a doctor in Tampa that does the band installments, his name is Dr. Grossbard. I got his name of this site. I still have another 150 to go, but I am half way there. I don't want this last 150 to come off as slow as the first. I will also need some major surgery around the middle when this is over, as I have an apron belly of like 100 lbs. It is kick'in my butt, as far as doing much walking. It pulls on my back big time. I could walk more when I was really fat. So I can only work out in the pool, as far as walking and stuff like that. I don't remember if we have meet, as I suffer from the "Can't remember S__T" disease. I am a big guy (LOL) with a shaved head, and goatee & glasses, about 6' 1" tall, biker looking type. Anyway, I hope you are doing well also, health wise, and weight wise. How are you doing with your band and weight loss? Better then me I hope, LOL.

Butch