Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions About Insurance Approval And Time Off

Thanks guys. I know that realistically the chances aren't great that I'll be able to have a surgery date in June, but I am glad to know now that it's at least a possibiity. As far as the scheduling goes with my surgeon, even though they have a ton of patients, for some reason right now they do have a lot of open time slots ot book the surgeries. They've told me before that the scheduling should only take a week at the most and when they did my EGD (same surgeon) it took two days. Like I said, I know it's kind of a long shot but I'm going to stay hopeful. Even if we can't make it happen, ealy July isn't so far away. I just hope they don't deny me...

New to forum! Going to my first seminar June 4th! I live in illinois and have Illinois Medicaid. My husbands insurance won't kick in for another year!! My BMI is at 43. I found a place in Herrin Illinois that accepts Medicaid so I'm hoping what they told me is true and there isn't a 2 year waiting list!! They said it takes about a month to get in to see the dr. and around 8 weeks to schedule surgery. Does anyone else have any experience or guidance for me???

Erin: I have been doing the supervised dieting for three months and I do have a two week pre-op diet. I'm sticking to that now just in case they can get me in there earlier' date=' I don't want to give them any hesitations. My diet's pretty easy fortunately, just 1200 calories a day, low carb, low fat, plenty of protien. I only have to do a liquid diet for the first day pre-op, I can handle that. 14 days would be just fine, I hope they approve me that quick! We found out I have a hiatal hernia too so I have more than a few reasons for wanting this to happen quick... the heartburn is killing me! Ugh![/quote']

Good, if you get the approval fast you won't have to put it off until you do your diet. Good luck to you!

Thanks guys. I know that realistically the chances aren't great that I'll be able to have a surgery date in June, but I am glad to know now that it's at least a possibiity. As far as the scheduling goes with my surgeon, even though they have a ton of patients, for some reason right now they do have a lot of open time slots ot book the surgeries. They've told me before that the scheduling should only take a week at the most and when they did my EGD (same surgeon) it took two days. Like I said, I know it's kind of a long shot but I'm going to stay hopeful. Even if we can't make it happen, ealy July isn't so far away. I just hope they don't deny me...

My surgeon's practice said that the there was going to be a two week delay between when I got approval and when I could get surgery. When the time came, they had over a month delay and I was only able to get the surgery at one month post-approval because they let me schedule on a day my surgeon does not do bands.

Wow I had Cigna too. You are lucky because I had to wait the six months supervised diet. I will have to let my sister know this as she is waiting too.

weight.png

I had surgery on a Tuesday morning. Got out Tuesday night at 10:30. Took me the rest of the week to rest. Bit the following three days into the next week I only worked half days I was so tired no energy. Everyone is different. Take time to heal focus on healing not losing for the next few weeks.

weight.png