Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question For Those Of You Who Are Pregnant

Have had my lap band since November 2010. My husband and I just had a fertility procedure done on Saturday may 5th called an IUI w/ clomid. I had a very high progesterone level when they tested me last Friday it was 93! The nurse was extremely positive about it. I am just wondering if symptoms with pregnancy r any different with lap band than without?! This would be my first baby if all goes well and I think I'm just really over thinking things right now cause its so close to the time I get to take a pregnancy test.

I would think that you should be on the look out for nausea and vommiting "morning sickness", wich doses not always just hit in the am. So your doctor can unfil your band if needed. I don't think any of the early signs and symptoms: (breast changes, no period or very light bleeding,nausea vommiting, and heacache). are any different then someone not banded. I hope your IUI went well and I wil keep my fingers crossed.

I know waiting to test can be hell. Just follow your doctors instructions for testing esp. if you took any stimulation drugs as they can give faulse results sometimes.

Usually pregnancy symptoms

Don't hit till one or

Two weeks after missed period. So even if you have no symptoms, don't worry you could be pregnant. Best wishes!

Have had my lap band since November 2010. My husband and I just had a fertility procedure done on Saturday may 5th called an IUI w/ clomid. I had a very high progesterone level when they tested me last Friday it was 93! The nurse was extremely positive about it. I am just wondering if symptoms with pregnancy r any different with lap band than without?! This would be my first baby if all goes well and I think I'm just really over thinking things right now cause its so close to the time I get to take a pregnancy test.

Good luck!! And as far as symptoms there the same as being unbanded i was lucky as has no morning sickness was just very tired n sleepy and extra hungry all the time!! Best of luck to you

Thanks everyone for the responses! Although I'm used to being banded now and comfortable with it...pregnancy is new to me and something I've wanted and tried for for over 3 yrs but only tried for a few months since being banded! Hope this is it :-) I will post Saturday after I test :-)

Got pregnant just months after getting banded. I thought I had the flu! lol, wrong!

I agree my symptoms were not different with being banded just had to have a partial unfill due to nausea. Good luck

Well the IUI we did on may 5th did not work :( so we have decided to move forward And do invitro! I have started all meds and looks like the procedure will be July 2nd for egg Retreival and 5-7th ( one of those days) for transfer :-) so excited and praying this is it!!!!

Cjm10- good luck to u. I just finished my IVF june 16 and am waitting for my first beta this Tuesday comming up. The only thing that I noticed was that I swelled up a lot from the meds and had a really hard time eatting in morning. I didn't want to loosen my band yet because it would cost me 350 for that vist and I needed to stay on a budget for my IVF. so what I did was drink Protein shakes for Breakfast and then a regular lunch and dinner and I had no more issues with my band. I am waitting for my bfp to then have my band emptied so I can meet my new calorie goal. Don't be surprised if u gain weight.I gained 10 lbs during the 2 month treatment period. Just due to Water retention and no excersice. I can't wait till medical clearance to get back on my treadmil. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. It makes the process so much easier when u have someone to ask questions.

Angie

Angie:

So glad to hear you got thin enough to be granted treatment for ivf.

I hope your therapy went well and you got your bfp.

I to right now am to heavy for IVF, I've lost fifty pounds so far just eighty more to go. it's a long road but I know i'll get tehre. Would your fertility doctor allow you to causally walk thru your neiborhood durring the wating phase to help move your lymph Fluid around so you can reduce some of the Water retention from the tratment cycle?

also where the injections if you used them difficult to give?

I have pcos and i got banded six months ago. I hope to loose enough to where my pcos is not as much of a problem and so i can be at a normal bi so we can start ivf. Looks like we will be self pay for ivf and limmited due to one cycle only. best wishes --icestorm.

Icestorm-Injections are no biggie u get used to them. I did a cocktail with my follistom ,lupron n memopure. So I only injected one needle. It was so much easier to do that way. Dr told me no walking I was supposed to be off my feet since ER. Very light waking as necessary. So I was in bed head n legs elevated. I was banded in 2007. N lost 100 LBS but I didn't know I had issues with infertility till after my third miscarage. Last year. So hang in there if I did it I know u can do it. Just remember it took many years to gain the weight and I know I was extra hard on my self trying to loose the weight. Stay focused n don't beat yourself up. You are doing great. Always think positive n you will achieve ur goal.

Keep us posted.

Angie

Got pregnant just months after getting banded. I thought I had the flu! lol, wrong!

Did you have any complications getting pregnant so soon after? Did you get unfilled or did you keep your band filled? I was banded in February but my husband and I want to start trying for our second kid. I know they want you to wait longer, but I'm already weighing less than when I became pregnant the first time. Where my band is now with 6 cc's of Fluid, I think I could keep the fluid in. I'm able to eat enough still. But I'm already 40 lbs down from where I started!