Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what does a day of foods consist of for you? I am kind of lost at what to add. I've been having pretty much the same thing all week.

A typical day for me when I am working is:

coffee 630 am

Protein shake 1030 am

Cottage cheese' date=' kidney & garbanzo Beans, hard boiled egg, and shredded cheese... I just pick the high Protein off the salad bar at work. All that comes to about 1 cup of food. This is between 12 and 1230pm

Yogurt or string cheese 3-5 pm if I'm hungry

dinner varies, I usually do 1/2 cup or cup of food on whatever is the menu. Time varies as well as with my work and school schedule so dinner is pretty much serve yourself.

I consume about 1100-1200 calories a day.

I will say I am 3 yrs post op, in my green zone and eat mostly because I have to... Or it is a "scheduled meal" i rarely get hungry but get symptomatic. (headache, grouchy, lethargic)

It is easy to get in a routine with eating the same foods because you are comfortable with them. Don't be afraid to branch out a little. Good luck!

weight.png

Smiling, unless you plan on running a 10K race every day or ride a bike 75 miles, 2500 calories will only make you fatter. It depends on how active you are, do you work, is your work physical or do you just sit at a desk? Most of us need about 1800-2200 calories a day to maintain our current weight. Your calorie intake should be below those figures. Lots of physical exercise can manipulate those numbers of course but if you're one who counts calories(I'm not) you should try to reduce your intake to under 1800 if you expect to lose.

Idealy for most of bandsters, not counting calories should be a goal.imo For me, counting calories only makes me think about food more. If we moderate our choices of foods to eat, and try to only consume foods that are recommended by our nutritionist, the band is a tool that will help us to not eat as much of those foods as we have in the past.

My nutritionist has helped me to choose the foods that seem to fill my band and keep me satiated longer. Most of these foods are lower in fat and more nutritious. Staying away from high fat and high simple carb foods is a must for me.

tmf

Thanks !! its just i dont have a nutritionast so a little lost lol gonna start at 1200 calories i guess and see how that works for me!

I do not count calories...never have

rwebb---what is your trick to being so successful? Do you just eat til full, or eyeball portion sizes...etc?

Thanks!

I do not count calories...never have

..and i dont want to have to start to be honest. what with calorie counting, carbs, fat, Protein, sized portions etc it drives me to distraction. can you tell me how you manage without having to do all this stuff?? what you are doing has to be easier.

I found this earlier today when I was trying to find out how many calories my body burns daily by itself. It may help you.

Use the formula below which only applies to adult females:

655 + (4.3 x weight in lbs) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age) = ____ calories

Fill in your weight, height and age. This number will be your daily calorie intake (or how many calories your body needs) without any exercise. This calculation will tell you how many calories your body needs-or how much it 'burns.'

Example: A woman who is 25 weighs 140lbs, and is 70 inches tall.

655 + (4.3 x 140lbs) + (4.7 x 70 inches) - (4.7 x 25) = 1469 calories

This woman would only need 1469 calories a day for her body to function at rest. Be sure to type this calculation into your calculator all at once, or else you might be getting answers close 9000 which is incorrect. To make sure you calculate your BMR correctly, try typing in the example above and see if you get the right answer.

I know for me to maintain my weight I would need consume at least 1700 calories a day. So I knocked myself down to 1200-1400 per day and I exercise for at least 20 min for cardio 3xs per week and 2xs a week strength training for at least 30-45 min. making sure that I at least burn 200 calories while working out. I have been doing this since my last appointment on April 10th and have lost 7 pounds after a very long plataue.

i calculated mine it came out to 1838, right now im taking in about 1200 some days 1400, working out three days a week 40min, do u think that will work lol

I found this earlier today when I was trying to find out how many calories my body burns daily by itself. It may help you.

Use the formula below which only applies to adult females:

655 + (4.3 x weight in lbs) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age) = ____ calories

Fill in your weight, height and age. This number will be your daily calorie intake (or how many calories your body needs) without any exercise. This calculation will tell you how many calories your body needs-or how much it 'burns.'

Example: A woman who is 25 weighs 140lbs, and is 70 inches tall.

655 + (4.3 x 140lbs) + (4.7 x 70 inches) - (4.7 x 25) = 1469 calories

This woman would only need 1469 calories a day for her body to function at rest. Be sure to type this calculation into your calculator all at once, or else you might be getting answers close 9000 which is incorrect. To make sure you calculate your BMR correctly, try typing in the example above and see if you get the right answer.

I know for me to maintain my weight I would need consume at least 1700 calories a day. So I knocked myself down to 1200-1400 per day and I exercise for at least 20 min for cardio 3xs per week and 2xs a week strength training for at least 30-45 min. making sure that I at least burn 200 calories while working out. I have been doing this since my last appointment on April 10th and have lost 7 pounds after a very long plataue.

i just tried this... no calculator that i have has the brackets. i tried to google it and got nowhere. do you have a site where it can be done?

Nikki, that's very interesting but you needed to go one step further and multiply your BMR X your AMR depending on your activity levels. About Nutrition is where you found this I assume and for me it looks logical.

In your scenario, if your model is lightly active, you would have to multiply her BMR by 1.375. So she would need 2020 just to maintain her current weight. Let's see if this site allows me to paste the URL?

http://nutrition.abo.../a/calguide.htm

Nikki, that's very interesting but you needed to go one step further and multiply your BMR X your AMR depending on your activity levels. About Nutrition is where you found this I assume and for me it looks logical.

In your scenario, if your model is lightly active, you would have to multiply her BMR by 1.375. So she would need 2020 just to maintain her current weight. Let's see if this site allows me to paste the URL?

http://nutrition.abo.../a/calguide.htm

Thank you so much found this helpful!

i calculated mine it came out to 1838, right now im taking in about 1200 some days 1400, working out three days a week 40min, do u think that will work lol

It should work. To lose one pound you must burn 3500 calories. This is why I cut so much off my 1700 calories. So I eat 1200-1400 and I exercise to make sure I burn at least 200 calories but not much more than 300 at the max. The reason being is for about 3 months I plataued. I have always had my Mon-Fri work out schedule and I would go in for 1 hour per day and burn right at about 700 calories. BUT when I would eat I was only eating 800-1000 calories a day. So not only did this effect my weightloss it also began to effect my health. I was dizzy and light headed everyday, very tired and fatigued and just generally did not feel well at all. Blood work with my primary doctor revealed nothing. Then at my appointment with my surgeon last month I got a fill, then went to talk to my dietician. When I threw the numbers at her, my calories taken in verses the calories I was burning at the gym she about fell out of her chair. I myself had already figured out the new calories I was gonna take in was 1200 exercising to burn 200 but because of how badly I had been feeling she wants me to take in the 1400. I really try to do that but sometimes its really hard. I am just not that hungry. But since upping my calories I feel 100% better no more dizzy spells or anything. I feel normal again. So I guess what I am trying to tell you with all of this is make sure that you eat enough calories and to lose one pound you must burn 3500 calories so if you are burning enough calories in your 40 min workouts twice a week and you are seeing the scale move then you are doing fine. I would also like to say remember to incorporate strength into your workout routine as well. You weightloss depends on the muscle you build.

Hope this helps.

Let me get this straight...So my calculation is 1687. That is the calories I need to maintain my weight right now...right? If I want to lose 2 lbs per week (3500 x 2) that is 7000 cals. 7000 divided by 7 days is 1000. I would need to subtract 1000 cals per day leaving me with 687 cals per day. Am I right?

Let me get this straight...So my calculation is 1687. That is the calories I need to maintain my weight right now...right? If I want to lose 2 lbs per week (3500 x 2) that is 7000 cals. 7000 divided by 7 days is 1000. I would need to subtract 1000 cals per day leaving me with 687 cals per day. Am I right?

You must also take into account the amount of calories your body burns on its own. Which is what I have been trying to figure out for myself cause I would like to lose 2 lbs per week instead of 1 but I dont want to go back to feeling like I did when I wasnt eating enough

How do you figure that out? Man, I thought I had this down.

Passion, looks like you may have missed the 2nd part of the equation that Nikki corrected after her beginning comment.

Add in your AMR(active metabolic rate). Go here to see where you fit? http://nutrition.about.com/od/changeyourdiet/a/calguide.htm

I don't see your age in your profile or I'd calculate it for you? But most likely it's around 2400 calories. So, reduce your calorie intake to 1400 or increase your activity level?

tmf

Passion' date=' looks like you may have missed the 2nd part of the equation that Nikki corrected after her beginning comment.

Add in your AMR(active metabolic rate). Go here to see where you fit? http://nutrition.about.com/od/changeyourdiet/a/calguide.htm

I don't see your age in your profile or I'd calculate it for you? But most likely it's around 2400 calories. So, reduce your calorie intake to 1400 or increase your activity level?

tmf

Omgosh...went to the link. Unsure of what Im suppose to do.

Here's my stats...Im 31. 209 lbs and 59.5 inches (4'11.5") bmr is 1687.65 At this time I'm sedentary. I would like to calculate the lightly active rate as well.