Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else burp all the time? I'm 11 days out - doing great.

Averaging a pound a day of loss (mostly Water at this point, I know).

I feel fine.

Incisions are healing well.

I'm not getting anywhere near enough calories, but I'm trying.

Walking for exercise.

Getting most of my water in, everyday.

Had my first beef yesterday. My husband ordered a 1/2 pound burger (weight before grilling) I took 1/4 of it, tossed the bread and veggies and ate half of my portion. So one once of groud beef. Chewed really well. And had no problems from it. One ounce was plenty because it was so dense and I was nervous to eat too much.

But I burp, man I burp. All the time I burp. I had 6 sips of coffee this moring and I'm burping. It's not about being full, which is what I thought at first. It's just burping. Not sliming, Not PBing, just plain old, everyday burp.

Does anyone else have this same problem? It is embarrassing. I feel like a crude drunk Sailor.

are you meant to be eating solids after just 11 days post op ?

Like Cazzy said, it sounds like you are eating solids too early. Everyone's Dr is different, so I just hope you are following the post-op diet recommended by the Dr.

As for the burping, I had extreme burping for two-three weeks post-op. I think it has to do with the gas they pump you up with and being full. It did go away after awhile. I only burp occasionally now.

I remember burping a lot in the beginning. Don't think I do it as often as before. Or maybe I just don't even notice it anymore!

I'm 9 days out, and I'm burping all the time too.

I had some edge (blended though) for Breakfast, and it was nice to have some 'real' food.

I am 14 days out and still burp when I eat or drink. I am trying to be really careful and not eat quickly and drink little amounts at a time but still burp like a pro. Glad to hear it will eventually go away.

I am following my guidelines pretty closely. I was 3 days early on the beef yes, but this is with Water and everything and has been going on since day one. This isn't the early beef.

Btw- if I hadn't had the beef I would have killed someone and therefore be in jail being fed bologna sandwiches!

I still burp more than I used to...I have just got used to it! =)

Does anyone else burp all the time? I'm 11 days out - doing great.

Averaging a pound a day of loss (mostly Water at this point, I know).

I feel fine.

Incisions are healing well.

I'm not getting anywhere near enough calories, but I'm trying.

Walking for exercise.

Getting most of my water in, everyday.

Had my first beef yesterday. My husband ordered a 1/2 pound burger (weight before grilling) I took 1/4 of it, tossed the bread and veggies and ate half of my portion. So one once of groud beef. Chewed really well. And had no problems from it. One ounce was plenty because it was so dense and I was nervous to eat too much.

But I burp, man I burp. All the time I burp. I had 6 sips of coffee this moring and I'm burping. It's not about being full, which is what I thought at first. It's just burping. Not sliming, Not PBing, just plain old, everyday burp.

Does anyone else have this same problem? It is embarrassing. I feel like a crude drunk Sailor.

.. it could also be that you are gulping in some air... without knowing it. Thats how i feel, thats ive somehow taken in air with my chewing and it wants to come back up again. it seems that most of us here have the problem with it. Tonight however, i had a good tea, took my time with it, well over a half hour. no burping at the end of it so i reckon taking it slowly meant that i didnt take in so much air.

I still burp more than I used to...I have just got used to it! =)

What about gum dose anyone chew gum dose that help at all or make it worse

are you meant to be eating solids after just 11 days post op ?

I don't think so I am not having solids for six weeks

My fiancé was banded almost 3 months ago and he burps constantly. He also eats too much and too fast but only his doctor can yell at him for that...

As for me, what I lack in frequency I make up for in volume...I sound like a truck driver!

Boy, yes! In the beginning, I felt like a frat boy with all my belching! It has calmed down in the last few weeks, though I do still burp more than I did before surgery. I think it's just a matter of there being less space for gas to escape through, but that's just my theory.

I still get a little embarrassed, but luckily my friends and family just find it amusing. :P

I don't think so I am not having solids for six weeks

Everyone's doctor's orders are different. I was on soft solids 7 days out of surgery - per my surgeon.

I'm 5 months out and I still burp ALLLLLLLL the time. It drives me crazy, because it happens at the most inopportune times!