Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

Rhonda, you silly silly girl! *hugs* Get on your clear liquids now and let the swelling and irritation from being sick calm down. I'd recommend a day or two then begin to gradually re-introduce softer foods before moving on. If you keep trying to rush things you'll just prepetuate the cycle of getting sick and irritating things. It is hard to say NO when your tummy is growling, but as you've just learned it's harder in the long run when you don't say NO. Take care of yourself.

Thanks so much for your comments PhotoNut. Yes, I do want to eat everything before it goes away. Dumb way to feel!! It's like I'm trying to put something over on myself after all.:phanvan I have been trying to cut down on snacking or making better choices at least. I have thought about doing 1 or 2 days a week on liquids to kind of jump start myself. I am a grazer and this is going to be quite something to break. I answer the phone at a car dealership at my 2nd job and I just sit. I usually take a salad with me to work for dinner because 4:00 is too early to eat and 8:00 is too late. I'll keep hanging in there and keep reading LBT for ideas and inspiration.

I do need to realize what I have done so far:clap2:. I quit smoking in January, am trying to make better choices for myself, stopped drinking soda's, am trying not to drink when I eat, and had my first Dr. appt. for lap-band surgery! That's a start! Actually, that's quit a bit for 1 1/2 months. :teeth:

I do need to realize what I have done so far:clap2:. I quit smoking in January, am trying to make better choices for myself, stopped drinking soda's, am trying not to drink when I eat, and had my first Dr. appt. for lap-band surgery! That's a start! Actually, that's quit a bit for 1 1/2 months. :teeth:

Good grief, that's wonderful progress! Good for you! Don't be too hard on yourself and expect to jump from point A to point Z in one leap. The journey is a long one with a lot of blessings (NSVs - non scale victories) along the way. You're taking excellent steps in the right direction to regain control of your life and your health, and I'm very excited for you!

Photonut, thanks for the encouragement over my TOM issues! I am over the hump today and feeling like a happy human being again, lol. I even stepped on the scale and found that I have done no damage the last 2 days! Thanks for the tips. I always have a cup of warm tea before supper because that is my most balanced meal, and probably the most nutritious too, I dont want to take any chances. I think the warm drink works like magic!

Carol: Here is a suggestion from a fellow grazer. I go to the grocery store and buy packs of baby carrots, celery, and green, red, yellow, and orange peppers. I take about 10 pieces of each and put them in a baggie. I then take those baggies and put them in the fridge. If you need something to graze on those are the best and your taste buds get a variety.

I think I have the worst taste buds. They are so fickle and get bored really easy. I have to have several different tastes per meal or I don't satisfy that head demon. Pesky little critter. He is slippery too just when I think I have caught him or cornered him at least he gets away. Anyway, I digress. LOL!

I also keep Fresh Fuju Apples and Valencia Oranges and D'Anjou Pears and Seedless Red and Black Grapes on hand to just grab if I find myself in the vicinity of the Kitchen and that head demon peaks out. I stuff him with a healthy and might add LOW calorie treat and he is happy.

Med Apple = 80 Calories

Pear = 98 Calories

15 baby carrots = 30 calories

5 celery = 30 calories

5 each Peppers = 30 calories

Get some Ranch Light dressing 2 tablespoons = 80 calories

You have satisfied that head demon and not blown your calories for the day.

Lianna: When I was banded I never ate anything till around 9a due to the high restriction. If I did eat then it was something very soft that could essentially slide down without much chewing. oatmeal very watery, very soft scrambled eggs, Protein Drink, etc. I also did the warm liquid prior to eating Breakfast.< /span>

The thing about high restriction in the morning has several different theories. I don't think the food in the stomach overnite is logical. No disrespect Susan OK. DUCKING NOW!!! LOL!!

Here is why it isn't logical. Your entire stomach has little receptors that are triggered when food is present. It begins to digest the food immediately. That means it digests food whether it is in the top portion or the bottom portion. It just takes more time in the upper portion. It has to work harder to get it to slush to slide through the opening into the lower portion of the stomach. But normal digestion takes 4 hours. I would imagine the upper portion would take at least that long maybe a little longer but not 8 hours. So eating at night will not cause the swelling or fullness in the morning in my opinion.

So far so good today. I was occupied most of the day with a painting project for my new grandson. My daughter wants me to paint 5 pictures to match his blanket for his bed. So I got those done today. I will post pictures of the painting when they are dry. I had a blast with that.

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (OK stayed on track. SIGH!!)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Nope none today)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. ( Will see come Friday how this is going )

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (I got mine in today.)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I cannot continue to eat unhealthy and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to not exercise and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to buy pills, buy exercise equip, etc then not use them and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to feel sorry for myself because I do not have the band anymore.

Hey Penni? *snickers*

LOL.. sorry, couldnt resist. No need to duck, I was only repeating a theory I heard on here anyway. I'd have to do more research to find out if it was really feasible. I do know that Sumo wrestlers eat big meals before going to bed to gain weight. They said it was because when you are sleeping, your digestive system slows way down. I could have that wrong, but I'll tell you what.. I darn near could have qualified to be one of those bare butted giants! LOL

Maybe we just tend to swell up at night. My rings can be falling off at night and the next morning they are tight as can be. *shrugs*

Rhonda, you silly silly girl! *hugs* Get on your clear liquids now and let the swelling and irritation from being sick calm down. I'd recommend a day or two then begin to gradually re-introduce softer foods before moving on. If you keep trying to rush things you'll just prepetuate the cycle of getting sick and irritating things. It is hard to say NO when your tummy is growling, but as you've just learned it's harder in the long run when you don't say NO. Take care of yourself.

ADVICE WELL RECEIVED. THANKS

Am I the only one in this club who doesn't count calories?

Just curious???

I only eat when I am hungry... and then, I eat meat first, then veggies and fruit.

It seems to be working great for me.

I don't see how you guys count calories. It is too difficult for me. This last fill has really been GREAT for me.

If I put something in my mouth when I am not physically hungry... it won't go down! I LOVE my band!

I don't count calories at all. I'm the same way. I only eat when I am hungry. If I eat just to eat, I feel sick, or I get sick. It is working out great for me.

Just wondering??? I had a fill on March 7th, and I still feel so hungry. Last night I ate a whole chicken breast and about 6 bites of rice with tomatoes, and was not completely full. I stopped eating, but was not full. I don't think the fill was enough do you all?

I count calories mainly because keeping a food journal is what helps me identify problems in my behavior, and it allows me to make better choices.

I have a fill. I don't think I *could* eat more than 1600 calories in a day -- if --- I was eating healthy. If I was eating crap, well, sure I could. So could anyone.

Everyone does what works best for them. And if something doesn't work for them, I'd hope they'd look for something new.

Watching in Excel what I eat - how many calories, how many I burn off with exercise, etc - keeps me motivated, especially when I'm watching the pounds melt off.

Hey Penni & Photonut,

I kinda agree with Photonut about the late night eating. Since being banded and having acid reflux I really suffer at night. For me, there has been many mornings I have awaken chocking and coughing from the acid in my band due to eating to late.

Even yesterday, DH and I had work to do in a rental property and we where there for the entire day and I did not plan my food for the day so when I got home that evening I had to eat (around 8PM) and I woke up this morning with the food still in my band. I guess it maybe different for each person, that's just my experience.

My goals for this week:

Workout at least 5 days;

Get my 64 ozs of liquids in each day;

Eat spinach at least 3 times this week (low iron); and

Try to stay focus