Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I agree about the food and exercise journal. I know someone else who uses my fitness Pal, but there are others out there too. I use Lose It! and I love it. It is all electronic and I used to use my phone, now my iPad. It is fun to me to log in my calories and exercise. It tracks your weight loss as well and send you badges when you reach milestones, so it makes it fun. So try a program that works for you and good luck.

I'm not banded yet but I just finished my 6 month diet supervision. Last month my husband became an over the road truck driver and I gained back 12 pounds of the 48 pounds I lost within 6 months and I was sooo mad but it WAS my fault because I was more worried about if he had everything he needed and taking care of our daughter PLUS still maintaining my grades in nursing school. Well within 2 weeks after realizing what I did to myself I re-lost those 12 pounds plus 5 more pounds on top of it. I just went back to my old habits. My doctor always told me that whether I'm banded or not that any weight gain is my fault. No one forced food into my mouth or forced me to eat something bad. Just restart everything and work with ur doctor to lose the weight again :) u can do it especially if you've already done it once :) good luck :)

OMG You guys have no idea what this forum has done for me. Thank you, Thank you

I was in almost your exact position!!! I did 6 months post op no sweat, lost almost 65lbs, then life's complications got me off track. About 2 months prior to my surgery my husband had a massive heart attack followed by 3 heart surgeries & 10 days in a coma. Ironically he was the thin & healthy one! Oh & we also have a teenage son with Autism. Anyway, hubby went back to work but it became clear he needed to apply for medical retirement, which was a long stressful & financially draining thing so I had to get a full time job to supplement. Yes, all these are excuses I let get in my way but we wouldn't be in need of weight loss surgery if food wasn't our comfort of choice. Anyway for the next 9 months I was up/down 20lbs of what I had lost. I couldn't see the doc for 4 months because of insurance issues but in February all was straightened out with that & I decided enough wallowing had happened. I had long chat with doc & told him how much I could still physically eat & he agreed I needed an adjustment big time. That was on February 22, I went for a follow up yesterday & 12lbs are gone!! I am now up to losing 73.5lbs and yes I am bummed I wasted 9 months of weight loss time but the rational side of me says so what. After all I lived 40+ years as a fat person so if it takes me 3 years instead of 2 to become a healthy normal weight person so be it. The way I see it now is everyday is a new chance to get things right :)

PS I agree your Doctor should be more nurturing. I don't mean lie to you that all is well but a little support goes a long way!

You are on this forum telling us about what you deem to be failure. that is so honest, I think you want to get going again. in this new life we have to be honest to have success, start again, you can do it!

It is hard to stay focused on ourselves but, we must do it. We are the only one who can do it, we are worth it!

I think the honesty of so many people is what I like the best here! We have all tried and tried again - for years!!! I do not want to be the grandma who can't play with the kids. I want to be healthy, both physically and mentally.

We will keep going - one day at a time. Sometimes one minute at a time! You go girl, you can do it!

Things in life will always get in the way and if you end up going back to old habits, one great thing to remember is you an always get back on course :) And you will always have the band to help you unless you were to get it removed. Good Luck and I know you can do it

You know, its so easy for us to get caught up in everything that going on in our lives and we forget to take care of ourselves (I know I have). Now that your husband is better it's time for you to take care of you. Just like everyone has said, get back to the basics. Don't be afraid to start over because "you can do all things". Good Luck to you!!!!

I have to say bandsters that I personally don't agree with the "it's all your fault" statement that doctors often say. I've heard it too many times from those trying to lose weight. No one has this weight loss thing down to an exact science and therefore since all of our bodies are unique in there own ways, the response to food is different. There are those whose bodies do not quickly lose, but easily gain. We should all learn our bodies and do our very best to give it what it needs to be healthier. If stress makes you gain weight easily, then research how to eliminate that in your life so that you can continue the losing. Of course your doctor deals with this daily, but individually we are all a separate case and it is very easy to tell someone it is all their fault. It is a lot more difficult to investigate where the problem lies. The important thing is not to give up even when there is weight gain.

I happen to be a former athlete and I run/walk 7 miles daily, do strength training, eat small meals, eat less than 1,000 cals a day, take my Vitamins, and try to get adequate sleep. Still I have loss only a few pounds. I wish a doctor would tell me it's all my fault if I gain, which bytheway I did gain right after my surgery when only on liquids.

So once again BEWARE of non encouraging comments such as the one your doctor made and one other bandster to your post. Kudos to you for getting back on track!!!!!