Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone!! Newly Banded!!

hello everyone! Been readin your posts for awhile but just now joined. I was banded on 4-3-12. I had lap band with plication and hital hernia repair. I have to admit, I am still pretty sore. From what ive read, im sure its more from the hernia repair. I am eating 1 oz every 30 min. I am so sick of broth and Jello. I cannot wait until next wednesday when i can start on the mushies.Lol. I am actually starting to get hungry and that worries me a little. Is it normal to be hungry only 6 days post op?

i was hungry 6 hours after surgery!!haha....maybe not quite 6 hours after surgery.....but I sure didn't get any of the swelling that most others experienced....kind of wish I had.....might have made the 2WEEK liquid post-op go just a little faster. But I made it and so will you.Hang in there drink those Protein Shakes just as soon as you are allowed ....they are a little nasty ,especially when you are limited as to what you can do to them during this time, but they do hold off the hungry pains a little.

What you're going through is sooo normal. Before u got band u thought yuck I have to eat blended food then after the broth Jello and Protein Shakes I was so ready for that baby food. Haa just be careful when you start it's easy to over do it. I had restriction so couldn't eat much at all. Some people say they didn't have restriction at this time. My dr told me if that happened to make sure not to over eat at that time because your stitches are still healing around the band they hold band in place to prevent slipping. The pouch is also forming you do not want to stretch it

I was hungry about 3 days after surgery. Not anything crazy and I filled up fast, but definitely had hunger.

dmacdub... about four days after my surgery i could have eaten the carpet of the floor i was so hungry. lol. and, whats more i had pain in my stomach from being hungry... just like was getting an ulcer. It did go away after that though and now i couldnt care less really about food at all. Hang in there... it will improve. im guessing that a lot of shrinkage is taking place with the larger portion of stomach as well during this time.

@judych HAHA i felt the same way the whole first week!! I saw food everywhere, asleep or awake! The second week gets a little better, and the third week still better... Finally nearing the end of week 3... Mushies here i come!! Finally!

I too had the LP with plication. I'm on week 2 of the Liquid Protein diet with Jello and broth supplements, and it is tough. I call it some kind of tourcher. I started to be hungy around day 5 post op. It's so hard. For me, I need the negative feedback and pain in order to prevent myself from doing what I know is the wrong thing. So I had a cracker, and it tasted so good, but hurt because I had not chewed anything yet, forgot to slow down and take small bites and almost had it come back up. Learned my lesson. 6 more days until pureed foods.

Hi, I am so confused with the blogging, and grouping, etc. I hope I have the right forum. I had my band April 6, 2012. After reading what you are all saying, now makes me normal for how I am feeling. My main incision is still very sore, like others they did something to as they told me me "massive hernia" wrapping itself around my stomach anyway. I am so glad I went through the surgery, had thoughts of waiting. i would have have never knew. I too am trying little bits of this, and that only cuz my main fear is throwing up at work (desk) that is where I eat my lunch. So I bought 1 oz. containers, in pretty colors, like shot glasses, and put 1 oz cottage cheese, then 1 oz. scrabbled egg, etc. so far so good. After 8 days it is just enough in between to get me to my Protein Shake w/o feeling sick. We can have cream of wheat, I love cream of wheat. Hmmm, they did say my buds would change, omg i could not eat the cream of wheat, (tear), I will have to wait. Thanx for listening.