Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In Lots Of Pain... Please Help!!

I had my procedure on the 3rd, I am still in A LOT of pain. The gas pain finally went away yesterday, but I continue to have a burning sensation that starts at my belly button and moves out the left side right where the port is located. I can't sit, climb into bed or bend down without this horrible pain. Has anyone else felt this? If so, does it go away?? I have my first followup appointment with my doctor on Monday, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice until then.

Thanks!!

sorry you had such pain...I have read on here when others have stuck issues they go back to soft foods for a day or so to let swelling go down...hope your feeling better...

Sorry u r hurting. R u out of pain meds?

yes i had the same problem. my pains went away within about 2-3 weeks. give it time it will go away ..You are still healing just take it easy..

Thank you everyone.. I am still taking my pain meds. I was trying to get myself off of them because they make me sleepy, but I think I'm going to take them for a couple more days.

j1m.. Thank you, at least now I know I'm not the only weirdo. :) I am walking, but for the most part I'm taking it easy, hoping it goes away sooner then later.

I had my surgery on 03/12/12 and I too was ina great deal of pain after. I found that if i laid in bed, i would lay on baout 4 pillows, a couple under my knees to sorta prop them up and I supported my stomach with pillows as well. I found that helped me get in a comfortable enough position so that I wasnt in pain. About 10 days post op, I pulled the facia muscle right where my port is which threw me into some excrutiating pain. Take your pain meds, play around with positioning, try pillows to support the areas you feel the pain. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Yeah, I had that pain too, when getting up or getting into a laying position. It was completely gone at day 7. Also adding that I agree ^^ supporting the belly with pillows (or a heating pad) significantly helps with that feeling. It'll be gone soon though! Good luck!

Thanks... Positioning pillows as I lay down does help and I'm going to get a heating pad as well! Honestly, it really helps knowing that this pain will soon go away. I was really starting to regret the procedure cause of all of this pain...that they did NOT warn me of!! The RN and Dr said I'd be up and active by day 3 without any pain.

So once again.. Thank you for your comments, advice and support! :)

It gets better every day, just hang in there.. The gas pain was the worst for me..and it was uncomfortable to sleep the first 2 nights. But just keep thinking how good you will look in few months! :)

I am right there with you. My pain is not so much incision pain as it it is very sharp pain in my left shoulder that takes my breath away when it it's. Is this gas pain or something else I should be concerned about? PLEASE HELP!

Yes it is gas pain.. i had it bad too..left shoulder for 5 days, really intense. You have to remember they literally fill your insides up with air/gas to lift everything up so they can get to the stomach, and for some reason it gets trapped up there in the left arm, and takes sometime for it to pass through.. Try gas-x chewables.. they helped somewhat.

Thanks for the validation. Thought I might be going nuts.

be careful with heat near the incision, since you are still just a few days post op, the heat may cause the incisions to drain more. When I had the trouble, my surgeon recommened icepack in 15 minutes intervals. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

you do need to keep up with your pain meds... dont wait until the pain gets bad as its harder to control... take your meds regularly for a few more days. The level of gas pain that you are experiencing is different with everyone.. some people only have it for a few days, others can have it much longer. theres no way of telling who has it for how long. im 17 days out and still getting it in my left shoulder.

i went off pain meds way too soon. im back on them again now. ARe you walking much?/

I also felt like you and was thinking " oh my god what have I done !!" but on day 8 post surgery now and I'm back to normal ! I can sleep on my side get out of bed no probs . Everyday as long as u take it easy but do try to walk it does help you will feel better and better .