Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Committment Thread to lose weight

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile every day. (I was going to.. but good intentions and all that :))

I will drink 64 oz. of Water every day. (So far so good.)

I will write down every bite I put in my mouth - quantity, calories, Protein. (Yup, keeping up on this.)

I will take on one achievable project in my house per day. (Spent three hours at the wound care Dr and went shopping for work out pants. I'm counting it.)

:)Happy Saint Patrick's day to all:cool: :update:

I am so excited want to share my happiness with the group:nervous

I heard from the Dr's office I got the approval for my surgery:clap2: ..just waiting now for the surgery day..it was so fast they put it in on Feb 27 got an answer March 16th..

So I will keep you posted on my surgery date.

I feel this group will bring me alot of support. :)

Rosa: I am so thrilled and excited for you. WHOO HOO!!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you as well.

Yay Rosa! Very very good news!

Well, folks.. its Friday and I've only had one completely successful day this week. Hm, actually not even one - I think. Blah. Here's hoping to a better week ahead.

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (OK stayed on track. This is a huge accomplishment for me.)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Got my exercise for the day.)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (Wait and see for next week.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Got in about 82oz so far. Can we say I live in the bathroom now. LOL!!)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I will continue to eat healthy and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to exercise and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to be proud of myself with all the accomplishments to date.

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile every day. (Every go shopping at WinCo? It's a warehouse grocery store, where you bag your own groceries. Well, I walked until my fat little legs felt like they were going to fall off. PLUS I bagged and help load $300 worth of food, mostly frozen and canned! Yup, I got in my exercise today.)

I will drink 64 oz. of Water every day. (So far so good.)

I will write down every bite I put in my mouth - quantity, calories, Protein. (Yup, keeping up on this.)

I will take on one achievable project in my house per day. (Two for one special today - grocery shopping/exercise.)

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (OK way off track for me today. I plan on being off track this whole week. Friends in visiting for the week and going out to eat alot. So I expect to not lose any this week either. Go ahead and just shoot me now.)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Got my exercise for the day at least.)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Got in about 64oz so far. Can we say I live in the bathroom now. LOL!!)

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (OK way off track for me. I plan on being off track this whole week. Friends in visiting for the week and going out to eat alot. So I expect to not lose any this week either. Go ahead and just shoot me now.)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Got my exercise for the day at least. I walked the Los Angeles 5K Marathon this morning. That is just over 3 miles. So I got in my minutes times three today. I walked it just under 60 min. WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!! GO ME!!!!)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Got in about 64oz so far. Can we say I live in the bathroom now. LOL!!)

Where are all the other committment people?

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (OK, My grandson is in town. We went to Legoland yesterday. I had a cheeseburger and fries and drank two bottles of Water. We walked forever and a day. That should go into the exercise portion. LOL!!! Anyway I am trying to be good. It will be hard with him here. And on top of it all I am SICK with a bad cold.)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Got that in yesterday from walking all over LEGOLAND.)

Here I am! Wow, I really slacked off on reporting last week. I really think that forgetting my Effexor for that three days through me into a slump. I still don't feel as good as I was. Guess it will take six weeks to build it up in my system again. Oh well, live and learn - forget and learn again! LOL

I've done well on my Water and eating. Only walked on the dreadmill once last week but we did go to the gym and get our evaluation done. We will be starting with stretching out the unused, knotted up muscles in various parts of our pathetic bodies for a week or so, then it's on to the muscle toning, resistance machines. In the meantime, daily 30 min cardio is on the list (stationary bike or dreadmill). Also, after reading the article on Water, I've upped my daily intake. So, once again, my daily goals are changing:

I will do 30 minutes of cardio every day. (Ran tons of errands. Walked a lot, even took the stairs on a couple of occassions. Not too shabby but not full out cardio either. I'm working on this.)

I will drink 6 - 16.9oz bottles of water every day. (Only did 4)

I will take on one realistic self or home project per day. (Today is me, from head to toe. I smell purdy! and I finally took care of a long list of errands that I've been putting off for the last two weeks. Good day.)

Gym days: Tuesday __ Thursday __ Saturday __

Grocery shopping and the tanning beds is on my list today. Enjoy your time with your grandson Penni! Do you have a pic to share? I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours. :)

Oh, ok... you talked me into it! Here is one of my biggest reasons why. Ethan.

post-203981-13813133260596_thumb.jpg post-203981-13813133262184_thumb.jpg

post-205630-13813133048539_thumb.png

post-205630-13813133048768_thumb.png

Susan, that boy is B E A U T I F U L. My goodness, he looks like a baby model.

Im sure youre not very proud. :biggrin1:

Penni - Where the heck have you been???

Ive been doing good with the food list you gave. Chosing to eat things on the list - instead of what my head wants.

Know what?

my head hunger isnt as bad as it has been.

Thank you again.

Susan, that boy is B E A U T I F U L. My goodness, he looks like a baby model.

Im sure youre not very proud. :biggrin1:

Penni - Where the heck have you been???

Ive been doing good with the food list you gave. Chosing to eat things on the list - instead of what my head wants.

Know what?

my head hunger isnt as bad as it has been.

Thank you again.

My grandson is 14 going on 24. LOL!! I will post a pic in the next day or two.

Paula: I am happy that the head hunger is subsiding. I noticed that happening when I eat properly. IT does quiet that little sucker. LOL!!!

I have been enjoying friends last week and grandson this week. And now I am sick with the crud. Running fevers of 99.8. My normal temp is 96.8 so anything above that is a fever for me. LOL!! Lisa (DeLarla) gave it to me when she called the other night. Darn her!

I bet I lose weight this week for sure. Can't stop coughing, sneezing, sniffling, so I can eat. Nauseated as well. I forgot to mention that. OH yeah and I am running a fever.

Shoot! I am going back to bed.

Penni - I sure hope you feel better soon. Colds aren't the worst thing that can happen to us, but they sure do SUCK! *hugs*

Paula - He is adorable, isn't he? I love him so very much!

Guess what? I went over 50 pounds!! Yay!!! -52 today :) :) :)

I will do 30 minutes of cardio every day. (Walked on the dreadmill. No gym. We've given up until next week when everyone's schedules are in better order for this.)

I will drink 6 - 16.9oz bottles of Water every day. (Did it!)

I will take on one realistic self or home project per day. (Um, I finally went and started my tanning sessions! Does that count? *laughs*)

Gym days: Tuesday _NO_ Thursday _HA!_ Saturday _HA!_

I love this thread.....I too need accountability.... I vow to do these things everyday:

• I vow to exercise for at least 30 minutes aiming for an hour a day goal 2 miles walked per day.
  • I vow to write down everything that goes in my mouth
    I vow to drink 64 oz Water per day, aiming for 92 oz.
  • I vow to follow a lowcarb diet.
  • I vow to not snack between meals.

Thanks for starting this thread...

Walk across America Log - Daily Walking chart http://www.fitnessjournal.org/map/?see=scrappyethel

7_5_141.gif36_35_8.gif