Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Gained Weight Immediately After Surgery Help!

I am so glad you brought this up! I was banded on the 19th and lost about 8 lbs. I wasn't drinking hardly anything bc I was afraid to gain. Well the last two days I've drank my Protein and Soups, and gained back 3 lbs. I am a lil disappointed in this. But from everything I've read on here, we are not supposed to be losing until we are off the post op diets and on to our new lapband eating habits! Good Luck to you.

u too :-) let me know how u get on Sarah x

I didn't have to do diet before my surgery. One week post op, I lost 14lb being on the liquid diet. But as soon as I started the soft food diet I gained 3 lbs. I'm now 3 weeks post op n have lost a total of 21 lbs. But I know as soon as I start solid food, I'll probably gain a few lbs back is like regular diets.But hopefully without the hunger I can't wait for my first fill in a few weeks. Remember to walk every day I've notice that if I don't walk my wait stays the same I have to keep motivating my self. hopefully my experience helps you. We all need a good support sistim to help us thru our journey. Every time I come to here motivates me

I didn't have to do diet before my surgery. One week post op, I lost 14lb being on the liquid diet. But as soon as I started the soft food diet I gained 3 lbs. I'm now 3 weeks post op n have lost a total of 21 lbs. But I know as soon as I start solid food, I'll probably gain a few lbs back is like regular diets.But hopefully without the hunger I can't wait for my first fill in a few weeks. Remember to walk every day I've notice that if I don't walk my wait stays the same I have to keep motivating my self. hopefully my experience helps you. We all need a good support sistim to help us thru our journey. Every time I come to here motivates me

Im the same... nearly. i didnt diet pre op. post op i lost 15 lbs by day 6. so far i havent been walkinng. i hope to very soon.

Yeah, I have to keep telling my self how fast do I want to loose the wait. I know if I stay active and do my exercise I'll keep loosing faster. My goal is to try n loose 50 lbs as fast as I can. Then reevaluate, and figure out how fast I want to loose the 45 lbs I'll have left to meet my goal wait

Well I am not glad that I did not step on a scale until my two week appointment, I probably would have thrown the scale out the window if I saw a gain right after surgery. HAHA then I would have gotten on here for advice and validation as i usually do. :)

A good thing to remember is that with any major surgery your body is in kind of a shock for a while and with all the iv fluids they pump into us, especially if you have to spend the night, is quite a bit with very little going out. I gained 2 lbs but my friend gained 6lbs. Some people will retain more Water than others. It will come off though it's only temporary. Just keep doing as directed and you'll be fine.