Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im on day 8 of my pre-op diet. My doctor told me Protein Shake for Breakfast, small low sugar/fat lunch, and Protein shake for dinner. I've been getting hungry at night so eat I eat a few veggies like radishes, bellpeppers and tomatoes as a healthy snack. Im sure it wont affect my diet right? So far lost 7lbs so i think i'm doing ok for now. I have another 10 more days until my surgery. Its getting so close im so excited.

Hello!

Keep pushing forward, it will be worth it in the end. You CAN and WILL do this! You've got this, it's all in your mind. :)

- Mike

Beginning my final 24 hrs. Surgery tuesday morning,and I must say that I'm abit suprised by the preop diet so many of you appear to be on. My surgeon is a "Center of Excellence",and his dietician instructed me to just eliminate most carbs beginning to weeks preop. Of course,I'll be starting my liquid diet tomorrow,but up untill now,I've eaten veggies,meat,and Protein Bars. I just concentrated on leaving off the carbs as much as possible,and I've lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks......Lots of different approaches I suppose.

Surgery on Wed the 28th, and the Pre Op diet was rough for the first few days, but now i think i am doing ok. I get really hungry about 5 to 7 PM.

Thank you everyone, I made it to day 8 and I am still striving. I noticed I get really hungry around dinner time as well I think that is because of my routine that I had prior to the two week diet. I meet with my surgon on Thursday to go over everything and to ask any questions that I may have about the surgery then April 3rd here I come!

On day two and between all the food at work and my husband eating it is a struggle but I am doing ok. Just going one day at a time. Ten more days like this and two days clear liquid and the big day will be here. I am looking forward to some food / liquid choices after I am done with the liquid stage. I think it will be one long month. Hopefully it will fly by.

On day 2 of pre-op diet! Today was hard! Stuck through it! Especially hard to cook for my kids and not eat a bite! I got hungry 5-7 pm! Had. sugar free Jello snack and going to have a sugar free Popsicle with the kids after dinner. April 6 will be here soon enough! Can't wait. I know it's not going to be easy but soooo worth it! I am going to feel good on our beach vacation in July and feel great by Christmas! My husband is so supportive and told me today that I will have to buy all new clothes down to my underwear today (him being the tight wad that he is) and he said he can't wait to take me shopping! Good luck everyone, thanks for all the input, it is soooo motivational!

I got a couple more wks to go but I know it's gonna be hard because cookin for my family and then working at FIVE GUYS BURGERS& FRIES

But I'm gonna get threw it because I have a prize at the end of the tunnel...a healthier life

I tried calling the pre-op diet lady and she hasn't returned my call. All last week i was snacking on veggies at night cuz i was super hungry and now kinda scared that I wont do it any more. My surgery is a week and a half away so until i hear back from her i guess i won't snack on them anymore at night and just double up on Water, sugar free drinks, and thicker Protein Shakes with fruits. So far in that week i dropped 7lbs so hopefully I'm still on track and won't have any problems. I'm a worrier and can't get it out of my head. Arrrrg

Day #6 of pre op diet. I'm not hungry, I have "head" hunger when I see something yummy, but I'm avoiding food at all costs. I'm allowed to have 5 Optifast shakes a day, but have really only been drinking 4. I am going to try and get them all in tomorrow. I've also been doing 30 minutes of vigorous aerobic exercise on the elliptical a day, whether I want to or not. A big step for me. The first day was the hardest but I lost 5 lbs on that day so it kept me going. I have been weighing everyday, and these last 2 days I have not lost any weight!!!! I have not cheated, I've been doing everything I can and NOTHING. I'm not a cryer. I almost did today. I can't believe not even 0.2 lbs down. I feel dejected. At this point I would have just gave up. What's the point of this if I'm not losing anything? I saw my husband eyeing the scale. I think he's going to hide it.

Sorry, thanks for letting me rant.

Day #6 of pre op diet. I'm not hungry, I have "head" hunger when I see something yummy, but I'm avoiding food at all costs. I'm allowed to have 5 Optifast shakes a day, but have really only been drinking 4. I am going to try and get them all in tomorrow. I've also been doing 30 minutes of vigorous aerobic exercise on the elliptical a day, whether I want to or not. A big step for me. The first day was the hardest but I lost 5 lbs on that day so it kept me going. I have been weighing everyday, and these last 2 days I have not lost any weight!!!! I have not cheated, I've been doing everything I can and NOTHING. I'm not a cryer. I almost did today. I can't believe not even 0.2 lbs down. I feel dejected. At this point I would have just gave up. What's the point of this if I'm not losing anything? I saw my husband eyeing the scale. I think he's going to hide it.

Sorry, thanks for letting me rant.

U need to STOP getting on that scale daily , once a week is enough, all u do is drive your self crazy ! ...i lost around 5 lbs the frist couple days on the pre op then, i got on my scale the day of surgery nothing, i was a little mad cause i really stuck to my diet . Then i had to get on the scale at the hospital and guess what i did lose another 4lbs :) .also sometimes u dont lose on the scale, sometimes u do lose inches. The pre op diet is mostly to shrink your liver for surgery :) . Keep your head up , u will see results !

Thanks Dagmar. I have a feeling my husband is hiding the scale while I'm at work.

Thanks Dagmar. I have a feeling my husband is hiding the scale while I'm at work.

lol ...i dont blame him ! forget about the scale i go on every monday and thats it.

Day 3 on opti fast. Definitely feeling hungry tonight. Still have One Bar and shake to go. I do feel as if I have lost some weight but I am determined not to weigh myself. I want to see the number the day of my surgery. Someone I work with who had the surgery suggested it. 11days to go!

Having to do shakes (with Water only), tea, coffee, diet soda, can eat sugar free popsicles and sugar free Jello. I am so hungry around dinner time. I am hoping this gets easier. The dr's office recommended I put coconut or cinnamon extract in the shakes, made a huge difference. I have lost at least a pound a day, hopefully the weekend is not too bad.