Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Understand Now

I had my 2nd fill on monday. And today i tried jus a little piece of a biscuit and it got stuck. And that served me right cause i knew that i wasnt supposed b eating it even if it was a tiny piece. Showed me a hard lesson. Being stuck is the worst feeling i ever had. OMG!!!!! I think understand wat sliming is. But can sum1 explain wat it is and wat PB is. How do you really now your in the green zone wat does that feel like.

I am definitely not there, but I can probably provide an explanation from research:

Sliming is what happens when something gets stuck. The body begins to produce excess saliva to try and break down what is stuck. Sometimes you will be able to pass the stuck item, and sometimes is comes back up in form of PB.

a PB (productive burp) is something that happens when you've been stock that dislodges the food. It is not like vomiting (no stomach acid), but is literally the same food you didn't eat right coming back up the way it went down.

Sounds to me like you are too tight. Are you referring to biscuits as in an American Cookie or Biscuits as a bread product?

Sounds to me like you are too tight. Are you referring to biscuits as in an American Cookie or Biscuits as a bread product?

Bread product. It was too dougy or it qte it too fast. But i havent had any problem till i ate the biscuit.

bread product. It was too dougy or it qte it too fast. But i havent had any problem till i ate the biscuit.

I have not had any bread products in almost a year. Bread, biscuits, pizza, Pasta, donuts, bagels....you name it.

When you have restriction, the passage to your stomach is smaller. You need to find out for yourself, by getting stuck, what you can and cannot have.

You also have to adapt to a new way of eating...like a skinny person, not a human vacuum.

There are plenty of foods I no longer eat, because no hard I try or how carefully I am, they are just too risky.

One of the characteristics of being in the green zone, is hat your appetite is held in check. It's not lways a feeling of being full. For me, it is a lack of interest when it comes to eating. The band sends a signal to your brain that you are full, you don't need to,eat anymore, but physically you are not full. You may not have eaten all day!

This lack of interest, combined with your selection of foods, IMO, is what it is all about!

You'll have to give up some foods, but you won't care because the weight will start melting off.

I agree with B-52.

In my case, after eating something like your biscuit the bad experience makes me lose interest in that type of food. The next biscuit I see no longer looks as yummy as it did before. With some foods it takes a few tries before my brain gets that clear message and it's a harder lesson.

PB'is awful! I have had several experiences, unfortunately from eating too fast, or eating the wrong foods. I agree with the previous posters, you lose interest in those foods, altogether. For instance, Bagels, pizza, french fries, bread, pita's, oranges and grapefruit are no longer of any interest to me. I don't miss them, I don't want them, they don't even appeal to me.

I am in my green zone now, if I eat to fast or don't chew well enough, or take too large of a bite, my band gives me a not so friendly reminder that she is in there, and to take heed. The next bites, are smaller, slower, and more completely chewed. Sometimes I need to modify what I've chosen. I find myself disassembling and picking at my food- which is something I have never done before.

The Green Zone is truly why we get the band in the first place. As already described, it is literally when your appetite doesn't run your life..you do! I literally forget that I haven't eaten..and when I do..normally don't even want to.

I am the exception to most rules about the band though..I've been able to eat "tricky" foods pretty much from day one..any type of bread, pizza, chicken, carrots, broccoli, you name it...I generally have no issues with any type food.

But the manner in which I eat it (bites etc) my band will "remind" me it's still there :) On the very rare occasion (maybe twice all of last year) I was able to eat a large meal in one sitting with no PB's or sliming. In fact, the last time I ate that way I distinctly remembered thinking..WOW..this is what being full feels like again...I didn't like it :)

I really dont miss that full feeling. Ive probably been full twice and it was yucky. I like being able to eat a little bit every three or four hours. I never feel hungry and never feel full.

It is good to hear from other people about not being obsessed with food or eating.

I have been on other websites where all they do is talk about food, share recipes, etc.

I told them how, if I am busy, I can go all day and forget about eating at all!

I might as well have told them I had 2 heads! They could not understand and thought I was very strange.

And when I asked them what's up with all the discussions about food, well the arrows started flying!

Let's face it...food is not my friend. It has gotten me in more trouble than I can think of. Since the day I was banded I began to push food way down on list of things I need to concern myself about.