Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Week Liquid Diet In The Works...

I feel your pain! Except just thing, you could be like me and be on a 3 week liquid diet! =). Stay strong and good luck!

I have 3 more days of this lovley diet ...and i think today is my worst day ....i just stay hungry .....i really hope that the 2 weeks after surgery will be easier ....the shakes are already pushing my taste buds to the limit now.... :angry:

I feel your pain! Except just thing' date=' you could be like me and be on a 3 week liquid diet! =). Stay strong and good luck![/quote']

Lol. Okay. I guess I shouldn't complain.

I have 3 more days of this lovley diet ...and i think today is my worst day ....i just stay hungry .....i really hope that the 2 weeks after surgery will be easier ....the shakes are already pushing my taste buds to the limit now.... :angry:

I honestly feel like it has to be better than this! At least there will be hope that you will be slowing professing to solids again.

Were u ladies allowed any veggies as Snacks? My nutrition allows two cups of vegetables per day as a snack. That has been my only relieve. I miss chewing so much!

Nope just 3 shakes a day , broth or eggdrop Soup, sf Jello , 1 sugar free pudding , and 1 low carb yogurt a day oh and sf popsicles but i do not eat ice at all..... :angry: i asked the doctor at the pre op for veggies cause i seen others post it but i was told No :( ...

Nope just 3 shakes a day ' date=' broth or eggdrop Soup, sf Jello , 1 sugar free pudding , and 1 low carb yogurt a day oh and sf popsicles but i do not eat ice at all..... :angry: i asked the doctor at the pre op for veggies cause i seen others post it but i was told No :( ...[/quote']

Oh, noooo. =| Well, I'm sure it's for the best! N u're almost there. Just stay strong n positive!

I am scheduled for surgery on 3/28 I just had my pre-op appt this past Friday and my surgeon didn't say anything about a pre-op diet so I started freaking out a little. I have been looking up diets and all so I guess I am going to start trying to be very careful this last week. I have been trying to get my eating habits in check last month.

I will say once you get past the 3 rd day it seems a little better. My big day is Thursday! Woohoo. I am sure I won't be Woohooing Thursday night. Lol. Good luck to everyone!

I will only have to do a 1 week High Protein liquid diet. From all that I've heard, it sounds like it's going to really suck. Hang in there and remember this is something you're going to look back on and say "yep, I did it!"

Jason "The Night Shift Nurse"

I won't lie, the first 3-4 days are brutal. Believe it or not it will get easier after that.

I'm a week and a day in. It has definitely gotten easier. But I have made it a point to stay away from others as they eat b/c just the aromas alone make it unbearable. For anyone just going into their liquid diet believe it does get easier. My doctor says its so the procedure goes more smoothly as the liver will shrink, but I really think its to give us a handle on what we are to expect after we've been banding. It must be a thousand times harder to go from full meals to absolutely 'nothing' once u've been banded, w/o this preparation.

Ok so they idea is to starve us before the schedule or thin out the ones who really don't want to do? I'm on day 2 and I'm starving and have no energy.

Ok so they idea is to starve us before the schedule or thin out the ones who really don't want to do? I'm on day 2 and I'm starving and have no energy.

Yeah, pretty much! Lol It'll get better stick with it. After a few days u really do get used to it. I was miserable in the beginning. Also had no energy, did not want to be bothered, was pretty short with everyone around me...Lol N there are some moments throughout the day when I have to remind myself one day down, is one day closer!