Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've just had surgery to correct a slipped band and would really like to talk to anyone else that has been through this. My band was causing me to have reflux and drowning episodes during the night, resulting in ocnstant lung infections. I am from England living near London.

I haven't had those problems yet, but last week I felt a strange feeling where the band is located, like it was moving around. I used to be able to feel what I think was the port side where they will do the fills, now I feel a hard knot and what feels like the rope part of the band. I really need this fill this week. I hope it hasn't slipped or turned aroundwacko.png Good Luck to you, I used to have Reflux for years. I feel for ya.

I am wondering what made it slip...did you have to vomit a lot? And was it sewed down when you had your band placed?

I am presuming it was sewn as for first 3 years I had no problems. I didn't have any vomiting during the day just at night when stomach liquids went into my lungs. They don't seem to know why it happened. The surgeon just said it just happens sometime.

I did have a spell when it was too tight and I couldn't afford to get back to the nurse. I think it started then personally.

How are you doing now? I'm Surrey UK x

I'm doing ok although struggling with getting the right degree if tightness. At present it is a bit loose so can't seem to lose any weight. Seeing a dietician at the hospital and we are working on trying to build up my metabolism as she thinks I don't eat enough and have a slow metabolism. No reflux though thank god!

I just keep stalling. It's sooo frustrating. I'm trying to stick too 900 a day and the odd times I've thought right keys shake this up a bit and have more i gain a 1lb or 2! Seeing mine in 4th so fingers crossed x

I'm exactly the same. I think when the band is tight we eat so little that our metabolism slows right down. The dietician has told me to eat more and do interval training but its not working! The only way I seem to lose wright us to eat under 900 calls a day. It's so frustrating.

Hi Vicki, I also, had band slippage and a revision. It will be 2 years in November that my revision was. I am in green zone, but have gained some. I still have to stick to low calories because my surgeon will not fill me any more than I have due to my getting too tight. I am at 5.cc. i am happy where I am at. i hope to hear from you, I can try to talk about my revision, but its been awhile. Karen

Stay strong! I know exactly how you feel and what your going through. Just keep your head held hihg. My dr said that slips "just happen sometimes with no explaination" to me too when my band slipped.

I would love to just not have to think about food. Would be nice to just maintain weight without worrying. Have you been filled under X-ray? Want to ask Dr if that would make a difference.

I would love to just not have to think about food. Would be nice to just maintain weight without worrying. Have you been filled under X-ray? Want to ask Dr if that would make a difference.

Vicki Have had by band for three years and never once did they do a fill under x-ray. Never had a problem either, but I got a little frustrated with my doctors office, so switched doctors and the first thing he did was a barium swallow and found my band had slipped, now it has to come out. So to answer your question, yes, I would request that a barium x-ray be done at least once a year if not more or if it made you feel better at each fill, and especially if you start having problems. If I hadn't switched doctors, and since I don't have any problems, my band would have eroded leading to many, many complications.

I've just had surgery to correct a slipped band and would really like to talk to anyone else that has been through this. My band was causing me to have reflux and drowning episodes during the night, resulting in ocnstant lung infections. I am from England living near London.

I had a minor slip last year that just required an unfill, then filled back up. Last week, my band herniated and I have to have revision surgery. I decided against getting another band (have had it for 3 1/2 yrs) and I'm revising to the vertical sleeve. After much research, this is the plan for me.

Even tho the band has allowed me to lose 100 lbs, I'll be glad to get rid of it. It's caused nothing but problems and pain (not to mention nightime reflux) for over a year. If I had to do it over again? Yes, absolutely. Got me from a size 22 to an 8! Can't argue with that!

Good luck on your new band!

Marci