Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm terrified and crying

So.. I was a bit nervous about getting banded, but not scared of the procedure. I was more nervous about losing my food.

Today, I go in for my 6 wk check up and the doc decides I need a fill. My first. I got so freaked out over that needle that I almost cried. His nurse had to hold my hand! LOL Go figure.

Turns out, you can't even feel it! Sweet! I asked the nurse before hand if the doc was good at hitting the port. She said, with a serious look, "Oh, he usually hits it about the 5th or 6th time." I look over at the doc and he is holding the syringe like a dart aiming at my stomach with an evil grin. LOL

Sunta, I have been thinking about you all day and praying that peace came over you as you prepared to go in. I have also been praying that you were brave enough to do what you knew was the right thing for you. And if that was going thru with the surgery, I do so pray you have a very speedy recovery. I'll be waiting anxiously to hear from you and to welcome you to bandland!

Sunta, I just read your post. I have noticed that you and I have posted very similar fears and issues over the past weeks, so I feel like you are me going through everything tonight and tomorrow.

So I hope you don't mind if I post a prayer/blessing for you here which I hope others send out in their own way, to whatever God or idea of God people here may have.

Please protect and surround Sunta at her surgery tomorrow, Wed. at 7 to noon. Thank you that Sunta is completely at ease in her body and mind throughout the surgery. All goes perfectly and she wakes at ease. All who administer to her and all procedures are successful.She heals quickly and easily. Thank you.

Please protect and surround Sunta at her surgery tomorrow, Wed. at 7 to noon. Thank you that Sunta is completely at ease in her body and mind throughout the surgery. All goes perfectly and she wakes at ease. All who administer to her and all procedures are successful.She heals quickly and easily. Thank you.

Amen! :amen:

I just read your post and I wanted to say sorry I wasn't here to respond.

I too had a lot of fears before my surgery. I've had 4 surgeries counting Lap Band. I have a huge fear of anesthesia. My daughter was born 16 months ago via c-section so I wasn't really worried about the pain, I knew they had drugs for that. :mad:

The first few days are the roughtest after any surgery. Each day you will get a little more of your energy back and feel less pain.

Something that you need to know is after you reduce your calorie intake it is very common to experience depression. So don't be surprised if you are a little down or off for a week or two after surgery. It's important that you have support and please know we are here.

If you need me PM me. I have the same name on AIM.

Best of luck to you, YOU CAN DO THIS!!

So one way or another the day has passed... how are you doing Sunta? Don't worry, I don't expect you to be on here today, lol, but I'm thinking about you! :welldone2:

((( Hugs!! )))

Hey Sunta.. Youre really on my mind today. I'm praying for you and hoping to hear from you soon! *big warm (but very gentle) hugs*

hope all went well Sunta!!! You, and all the others in for surgery today are in my mind, and I am full of jealousy. :scared:

It will be nice to have the new bandsters here soon, with stories of gas pains and liquid diets. :welldone2:

I too want to know how you are doing. Please let us know. :welldone2:

I was wondering all day how she was. I was in the shower around 12ish and thinking "she is either in surgery or out by now".

SHe's probably out of it today, but I look forward to hearing from her too.