Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've had my lapband for about 2-1/2 yrs. with no trouble at all! The last few months I have gone wild eating!! I have kept my portion sizes small but my choices are off the chart!!

Yesterday I hadn't eaten all day, about 3:00 pm I ate a few mini crackers, because I was hungry...I didn't chew them enough, they got stuck, I had the worst pain for over an hour, I was

finally able to throw them up and noticed a small amount of blood.

I started a liquid diet yesterday after that and today have only had yogurt and liquids. I have no pains and feel fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yeah I have done also, If I've swallowed wrongly and rushed something then I've had pain and had to throw up. I sometimes learn my lesson, and sometimes I dont :(

xx

Yeah I have done also, If I've swallowed wrongly and rushed something then I've had pain and had to throw up. I sometimes learn my lesson, and sometimes I dont sad.png

xx

Thank!!!!! I was a little concerned with the blood, but everything seems ok today

The blood would be from a bit of tearing, especially if the crackers were sharp and a bit angular. However that lining (and the cells that line it) should be fairly robust as it needs to withstand 'trauma'. I'm a histologist so I have an understanding on cellular stuff, but I'm not a a doctor so I would just talk that over with your personal doctor/GP just for peace of mind if nothing else x

But certainly I have my fair share of getting food stuck!! Ouch! Sometimes sipping warm milk helps me

i too was band about 2 years and was great then all of a sudden, i couldn't eat for like 3 months. ended up getting 1cc taken out. gained to much weight back so went in for .5cc fill still not loseing anything so i am going back next week for another fill. I'm like constantly hungry which i never had before.

i was banded july 2010. have only lost 50 lbs. its coming off sooooooo slow that im disgusted. i havent been able to keep much down for the past 6 mths, lots of vomitting so on monday they removed 1 cc.. i was at 7.4... now i feel like im not even banded... nothing gets stuck, i can eat everything in sight... what's going on.. i already made an appt for feb 10 to get a fill in.. i dont like being like this. even though i didnt eat for 6 mths i also, havent lost any weight... what can be going on

Hardly eating and not losing probably means two things (from my experience anyway!)-- 1} wrong, high-calorie/low Protein choices, and 2} not eating enough (believe it or not!).

During this journey, I have learned to eat a healthy Breakfast whether i feel like it or not, to kick start the metabolism. Then do the same at lunch and dinner, with a lite healthy snack in between, like a piece of fruit. This keeps the metabolism up and using up calories and thus, you lose weight!

I also learned early in the game (when I was doing 500-800 calories a day) that it means a quick weight loss for awhile, but the down side is that it slows down your metabolism cause your body starts going into the defensive starving mode (ie., slows down the metabolism!). So when I upped my caloried to 900-1200 a day, and ate regularly, I started losing again!

This stuff worked for me. But everyone is different. I'm sure you will find your groove!