Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! Ive seen people posting about non-scale victories, and just wanted to have a post where people can shout out about their NSV's!

My Top 5 NSV's so far are............drumroll please

5. Being able to bend over to tie my shoe to walk. (Me and walking USED to be an oxymoron!)

4. Being motivated to walk at the mall.

3. Having more energy in general.

2. Not having my wedding ring cut off my circulation, it actually spins around on my finger now!

and my number 1 NSV so far to date......

1. Sitting down to go potty and realizing I just pulled my scrub pants down AND THEY WERE TIED!!!!!!!! teeth_smile.gif

I recently told someone I had just met (at a dr's office) that I had Lap Band surgery and she looked me over a few times before asking me why I thought I needed it. She thought I had JUST had the surgery, and didn't think I looked overweight! That was a super victory for me.

I think my favorite nsv was seeing my ex at a party and then all his friends who used to say how fat I was, come up and tell me how good I looked. I just smiled, thanked them and told them loud enough so he could hear too that it was only going to get better.

My favourites were being asked to model at a local fashion show and having neighbours not recognise me. I saw one at the post box a couple of weeks ago and she asked me if I was the new person that had just moved into the street!

I had three this past weekend...I went away to visit a friend I have not seen in 6 months. He plays basketball. After the game, he told me that he was looking for me in the stands and he did not recognize me!!! The other was while out buying an outfit to wear to the game, I was able to purchase a shirt in a medium and jeans in a size 12!!! Pretty good beings I was wearing a 2xl and a size 22 just 7 months ago! =) While wearing this outfit, I decided to take a pic and post it on Facebook (first pic in a couple months), almost 60 comments with one saying how beautiful I was...It was a good weekend!

Going into my closet and not being able to wear any of it because it's too big, which led me to go shopping where I purchased dresses and tops a size or two smaller than usual. Also, my "skinny jeans" were a little saggy yesterday- but they were tight two weeks ago.

Ok. Number ONE NSV: Now weigh less then my hubby. TWO: Hours of fun sliding my buttoned pants down over my hips. THREE: Went into Victoria Secerts and fit in something right off the shelf - a 38DD, but didn't buy because I didn't want it to be too big next month. (was a 42DDD/44DD). FOUR: Got rid of bags of clothing that was too big- all my size 22, and 2x and 3x's. FIVE: The size 18 jeans I bought two weeks ago are loose! Put on a new pair size 16 jeans! I could zip them while standing up, even breath and move in them-no problem. and SIX: A friend of mine since kindergarden came over last weekend and said ' you are full of energy, I haven't seen you like this in years"

I had a great NSV this week. My PCP lowered my blood pressure meds. Then today i went for a fill, and the nurse there took my blood pressure and said, it is probably time to see your PCP about lowering your blood pressure meds. I told her I already did that this week, and she was amazed that my blood pressure was perfect.

Love to hear these NSVs!. I think it's easy to get focused on that number on the scale which can lead to discouragement. I am struggleing to get back on track after some regain, going for 3 good days in a row. Hopefully some NSV's to come soon!

NSV for me was being able to go clothes shopping and actually buy something without getting depressed or crying because I felt so bad about myself. On the contrary, I was exstatic to be able to fit into the Misses section instead of Plus Size. The scale wasn't relating the change and I was getting down on myself. But having to try on a smaller size instead of the other way around, just made my day. I couldn't stop smiling. What a great feeling. The other one would be when the nurse at my primary care physicians office told me they would need to get a new picture for my file since I look nothing like the one they have.

My oldest son (39), said my hands were getting thinner. My youngest son and daughter-in-law bought me a necklace 3 Christmas 's ago that I finally got go wear last month. The shower curtain doesn't try to wrap around me when I turn around. It 's much easier too shave my legs and I don't need a seat belt extension. Loving the band life!

There's a Hospital I go to every week, where the Director started calling me "The Incredible Shrinking Man"

Then everyone started to call me that. This has been going on for a few weeks now.

Today, when I walked in, everyone stopped, and turned, then said it together. I had to stop. and in good jest, took a bow!

(no one knows I had surgery)

Being able to wear Jeans again.

Crossing my Leggs.

Thinning out all my cloths that no longer fit, then putting them on the cloting site.

Working out in the Gym, and in a Pool.

Being able to tigh my shoes......

But I am glad to know, that it is still only going to get better with time. That is something that I have a lot of.

oooh, I love NSVs!!! I have a few too!

3. walked into a restaurant (that I go to all the time!!!) where a cute waiter says, I know you look familiar, but I dont know where I know I know you from!, then as I leave, he tells me to come back and see him again soon. And I am married!! Ha!! But it still feels good.

2. got rid of all my size 16 pants, and fitting comfortably into size 14. I have 1 pair of size 12, but I still think they are a bit snug.

1. I can take the stairs at work and not be huffing and puffing when I get to the third floor!!

Keep up the great work everyone!

1.I had on leggings at work the other day and my friend told me there is a space inbetween my legs when I stand!!

2.Being able to buy and wear high boots!

3.Not only working out Monday-Friday and LOVING it but also running!!!!

I LOVE MY BAND!!!